Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Golf Resort Palm Springs {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Golf Resort Palm Springs {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Final update; I sent Hilton a note saying that I never heard back from the hotel. They replied and gave me 10,000 points. I really don't understand why this hotel won't follow up. If I got an acknowledgement from the hotel that is all I really wanted and would avoid a bad review. But it's just bizzare that they don't care. I didn't want or need the points, but I guess it's a nice gesture. Moving on with my life but you can bet I won't be visiting this property again.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:03 pm

My reservation for the end of June got cancelled without any notice.
Points were refunded.

It says that it temporarly closed but still accepts "Future reservations." (But I could not find any available dates.)
Does anyone know how long it's gonna be closed? I tried to contact the hotel but did not get an answer. Also no answer from Hilton. Couldn't find any news on Google.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by sebseb
Points were refunded.

It says that it temporarly closed but still accepts "Future reservations." (But I could not find any available dates.)
Does anyone know how long it's gonna be closed? I tried to contact the hotel but did not get an answer. Also no answer from Hilton. Couldn't find any news on Google.
How did you find out your reservation was cancelled.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire Ambassador; AA Exec Plat; UA Silver
The hotel's website says it is closed until September 1st.
www.doubletreepalmsprings.com
sebseb likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by sebseb
Points were refunded.

It looks like they are currently accepting reservations for stays starting 1 September. I just used "search with flexible dates" to find the first date available.

Palm Springs area hotels and short term rentals have been ordered closed by the City of Palm Springs and Riverside County except to provide lodging for Coronavirus mitigation and containment efforts. The orders are either indefinite or expire April 30, but it is expected that they will be continued.
sebseb likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Hilton does not charge resort fees on award stays. Does anyone know whether this property charges for parking on award stays(which is normally included their resort fee). The parking fee is thew same as the resort fee lol
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Any recent stays here?

Booking.com reviews (more trustworthy then tripadvisor) look good...
Old Dec 28, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Stayed here for a night recently. Overall, it was a good stay. The room was nice - even had double sinks - but the lack of a safe was disappointing. Also disappointing was the lack of any upgrade as a Diamond, despite multiple room types being for sale. I would have asked, but we were in a huge hurry to get checked in.

Breakfast was available at Polanco Kitchen only as a buffet: $22 adults ($18 continental), $14 kids. The selection was not huge, but the food was pretty good. They had good pineapple and 3 types of melon, pancackes and waffles, bacon and sausage, eggs, potatoes, a couple kinds of yogurt, oatmeal, and a few pastries.

I didn't use the fitness center, but it looked solid. The pool was decent.

We enjoyed using the driving range and putting green as part of the resort fee. It's easy to walk out from the hotel to the golf area. They have free loaner clubs. You have to get the range balls by 4 pm, except on Mondays when they close at 1 pm.
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.