New Ways to Earn Lifetime Diamond

Old Dec 15, 16, 1:18 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
New Ways to Earn Lifetime Diamond

Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Dec 15, 16, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awesome Lauren. Thank you. Sent off my email to find where I stand with these new requirements.

Last edited by Baze; Dec 15, 16 at 1:48 pm
Old Dec 15, 16, 1:55 pm

Great to hear! I think that these developments bring LTD into closer reach for a lot more folks, which should be to the mutual benefit of all parties involved!
Old Dec 15, 16, 2:33 pm

Programs: HH D; IHG G
Thanks for including the reward nights. I am only at around 400-500 nights in total, but this could make me stay loyal for up to another ten years or so.
Old Dec 15, 16, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Might want to let the Diamond Desk know of these changes. I sent my email in right after seeing the announcement and the reply came back that they would get back to me with my total paid nights and years as Diamond even though I specifically pointed out the new announcement and the new requirements. We will see what they come back with next after I replied about the new requirements.
Old Dec 15, 16, 2:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing
Old Dec 15, 16, 3:11 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA PLT/1mm
Thanks for the news. It speeds up by a year when I will get LT status, since reward nights now count and I am well over 1000 total nights and just a couple shy from 1K paid already.
Old Dec 15, 16, 3:38 pm

Thank you, HHonors, for this wonderful Christmas present! On hold now with the Diamond Desk to see if my reward nights will push me over the top.
Old Dec 15, 16, 3:51 pm
cjd

Thanks Lauren. Good news. Think I've still got some way to go, even with Award nights now included, although I have been Diamond for about 15 years out of the last 18, since joining the Hhonors program.
Old Dec 15, 16, 4:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
I called the Diamond desk and they were able to tell me how many nights I have to date but could not tell me if it was just paid nights or combined paid/award nights. Rep opened a file and will hopefully receive an answer soon.
Old Dec 15, 16, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by kmwjes View Post
I called the Diamond desk and they were able to tell me how many nights I have to date but could not tell me if it was just paid nights or combined paid/award nights. Rep opened a file and will hopefully receive an answer soon.
I can assure you it is combined, as noted many times previously in this forum. With the new requirements, that's the only number you need.
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:35 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I wrote [email protected] dot com requesting my LTD qualification info and got the following canned response:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience as we have limited information regarding Lifetime Diamond. We appreciate your long term membership to Hilton as a Diamond member. I have created case in regards to your inquiry to Lifetime Diamond Status. Should you need to follow up on this request, please reference # XXXXXXX. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013 View Post
I wrote [email protected] dot com requesting my LTD qualification info and got the following canned response:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience as we have limited information regarding Lifetime Diamond. We appreciate your long term membership to Hilton as a Diamond member. I have created case in regards to your inquiry to Lifetime Diamond Status. Should you need to follow up on this request, please reference # XXXXXXX. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Just call. If you don't get your total years/nights on the first call, HUACA. DD can access the total easily without creating a case.
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Thanks for sharing news of this program change with us, Lauren.

I have to say, though, that reaching out to the Diamond Desk to find out our progress toward lifetime status is cumbersome. Not only does it take time to ask and wait for a reply, but as several others have noted above the reply is often wrong. Has HH taken seriously the idea of creating a Lifetime Status Tracker we members can monitor ourselves via the website and/or app?
Old Dec 15, 16, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
Just call. If you don't get your total years/nights on the first call, HUACA. DD can access the total easily without creating a case.
I think they want to start a case as I don't think the Diamond Desk has the word about the changes yet. I am basing this on the response I got saying they would calculate my paid nights. I corrected them in my reply but have not heard back yet.

Search this Thread