Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Leicester Hotel {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Went to bar to eat but popped outside to the garden for a beer first, nice water feature, nothing great but somewhat pleasant none the less, reminds me of another U.K. Hilton somewhere......can't think where , Northampton perhaps?........... FOOD - I had the Hilton classic burger with skin on chips , nothing great in fact was a hit greasy, my lady had the Ravioli and pea pasta.....apparently this was very nice.....declined desserts but they sounded nice.
Now back in room about to retire, gym and swim in morning then breakfast......will report back!
Old May 28, 2018, 12:44 am

............... slept fairly well, bed comfy but room was too hot!............. it's worth noting that the Double deluxe rooms do actually have Double beds and I'm now wondering if it's actually a downgrade from the queen guest room I booked ?......... why have it that way around, shouldn't it be "Double guest room " then " Queen deluxe room " ...... strange.
Now off to gym to do some weights then sauna before breakfast........will report back!

Last edited by wizla; May 28, 2018 at 12:45 am Reason: spelling error
Old May 28, 2018, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by wizla
.kinda not sure what's deluxe about it.
At a guess following similar experiences in Aberdeen, Strathclyde and Glasgow Grosvenor it becomes deluxe when they add

Originally Posted by Wizla
two extra bottles of water in room along with nuts , jelly beans and small bottle of wine
This was unofficially (With a smile) confirmed after asking a member of housekeeping at one of the above properties a few months back.

Re the beds, I can never work it out either. Strathclyde regularly “Upgraded” me from a King Guest to a Queen Deluxe. It got the point that I asked them to make a note in OnQ not to upgrade me to a room with a smaller bed than booked. I’d rather just have the room booked than that tbh.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by chrism20

At a guess following similar experiences in Aberdeen, Strathclyde and Glasgow Grosvenor it becomes deluxe when they add

This was unofficially (With a smile) confirmed after asking a member of housekeeping at one of the above properties a few months back.

Re the beds, I can never work it out either. Strathclyde regularly “Upgraded” me from a King Guest to a Queen Deluxe. It got the point that I asked them to make a note in OnQ not to upgrade me to a room with a smaller bed than booked. I’d rather just have the room booked than that tbh.
i agree , what a strange set up ..........will bear that in mind as I will go back to Leicester as we had a wander around the city before checking in and there was some great restaurants , cafes and shops.

Gym was quiet, pool also , it's a living well gym and pool ,be aware the staff are very assertive here almost jobsworths!......yesterday whilst on the loungers a child climbed in the spa pool. Instantly staff came through and told the parents off , then a family of five in the pool when the father got out to go to toilet the staff were instantly out and warning the mother " no more than two kids per adult " ........ they all had to sit on the steps until dad came back.......the naughty steps perhaps?
In the gym this morning a guy was asked to leave for wearing " sliders " he wasn't using the equipment just looking and poolside I was asked if I was wearing " boxer shorts " ........ nope they are swim shorts I assured them!.
I just got the feeling they didn't want hotel guests in their pool and gym.
Breakfast was really good, I loved the granola boats ( granola, red berry and yogurt pots ) , hot food was unusually extremely hot and everything tasted fresh.....some nice juices too.
checked out at 10am, parking is £6 and I'm on my way.

CONCLUSION - nice stay, I liked it, yes it wasn't perfect and it's an old hotel but it had a nice feel about it, it was clean and comfy, very much like Hilton Northampton, I would definitely return and probably will.

ROOM NO - 224 ( nice view of garden terrace and not too close to bar so not noisy however bed only a double and very small bathroom )

NEXT STAY - Hilton Canary Wharf ( 4 / 6 / 18 )

chrism20 and :D! like this.

Last edited by wizla; May 29, 2018 at 2:44 am Reason: typo
Old May 29, 2018, 3:38 am

That does sound very officious, I wonder if something has maybe happened in the past and as a result they are extremely cautious when it comes to H&S.

havent been to leicester in years, it’s a lovely city.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
That does sound very officious, I wonder if something has maybe happened in the past and as a result they are extremely cautious when it comes to H&S.

havent been to leicester in years, it’s a lovely city.
it is a great city I agree, last time I was there was 2005 on tour ( hip hop related ) and I never really got the chance to look around, I really enjoyed poking around with no commitments, nice lunch in the square at bogala, great shopping too.
As for the gym staff, yup...dunno but they were watching everyone like hawks so I guess there has been bad behaviour in the past perhaps?..........will definitely return!
chrism20 likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Is there anything around the Hotel? Some Pubs? Or is the city center reachable by bus also in the evening?
Old May 29, 2018, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by flysmart2
Is there anything around the Hotel? Some Pubs? Or is the city center reachable by bus also in the evening?
Didnt see any pubs, the hotel is near a set of roads, mainly roundabouts, braunstone village is next door maybe a local pub perhaps?, but yes there's a good selection of shops, M and S , Asda etc. ( Google - fosse park shopping centre for info ) it's pretty much a 5 min walk from hotel across a busy roundabout but pedestrian crossings available so easy.
i walked over to get a newspaper, follow hotel around to side and cut through hedge.
Apparently a cab into Leicester is around £5 , dunno about bus, didn't ask, I drove from centre to hotel and it didn't take long.

UPDATE - there is the winstanley pub in Braunstone next door. Seems to get reasonable reviews on google maps.

Last edited by wizla; May 29, 2018 at 3:13 pm Reason: update added
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Update from a great stay late December.
Initially upgraded to a suite a couple of days out (a first for here) but changed to queen double double deluxe day before. Not a problem really as 3 of us, and it meant a bed rather than sofabed. Arrived late, room had been moved from echeckin to a considerably larger room. with three beds. Didn't necessarily need the extra bed, but great to see staff had been proactive and tried to allocate the best room. About half an hour later complimentary bottle of wine sent to the room- lovely.
We were downstairs in the main hotel looking over the garden. I think there are only a few rooms on each side like this.
Welcome amenities of nuts, waters, two small bottles red, bathrobes, so a proper upgrade given. Slept well, only complaint the carpet strip to bathroom was a bit loose.
Breakfast was very good. Similar to Northampton previously. Lots of choice, Hot plates. Salmon on the cold buffet, Enjoyed it.
Went for a haircut in the hotel in the new salon next to leisure centre ( I think it has been there a few months but new to me). Gents trim £15 less 10% for hotel guests. Very reasonable, got talking about Hilton hotels in Egypt.
We didn't have time to use the pool etc.
After shopping at Fosse Park, check out all done (had a slightly later check out), friendly and efficient. Great stay.

A really good, hassle free stay. Useful to get a haircut!
wizla likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:38 pm

I’m here Friday night, was originally on route to host a gig in derby but got cancelled but kept the booking regardless..... I’ve booked a queen guest room, no preupgrade yet but it’s early days.
Should arrive around 4pm and of course I will keep you lucky people updated with my cutting edge reporting schedule, ��

Last edited by wizla; Aug 28, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:08 am

Arrived 4-30 pm, after spending the afternoon in downtown Leicester , nice place, great shopping!.
Done OLCI last night to secure a room recommend to me and avoid an upgrade.....it worked!...... swift check in, two waters given , no drink chits but asked to pay parking and told its free for diamonds.

QUEEN GUEST ROOM - it’s nice, refurbished room on first floor, new wing just off from the pool ...... fridge, safe, large tv, seems newish......unfortunately has a connecting door which wasn’t on the OLCI map .....no air conditioning but fan provided .
Wine, extra water, jelly beans and nuts on coffee table.... bed is apparently a queen size, I say it’s a double.

BATHROOM - smallish but clean and has bath ( with shower over top ). Crabtree toiletries and fluffy towels .

Off to use pool and sauna shortly, will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Aug 30, 2019 at 1:13 pm Reason: Additional information added
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:19 am

QUEEN GUEST ROOM - ( excuse my lady’s mess! )
Attached Images    
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:54 pm

Now back from the Leisure facilities....... sauna very hot indeed!, didn’t try the steam room ....... pool was busy mainly with families and kids, I must mention that they are very hot on the rules here...... one adult per two children and adult must be physically in the pool, not poolside ( I saw and overheard a dad getting told so by staff ) .
There is a rope done centre of pool to separate the families from the swimmers, a few kids venturing into the swimming side and staff came and told them off, I think it’s good that staff are assertive upholding the rules but please be aware.

Gym looks good, was busy , I trained early this morning so will indulge in the morning.

My lady reports that the shower in room is very good ( powerful and hot ) , I used the ones in the spa , these are good too but take the s.gel from room, the gel they supply is not good.

Tonight we are going to eat in the lounge bar, the menu looks fairly decent...... will report back!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:58 pm

Lounge bar was fairly quiet, a few seats occupied, I had the steak and ale pie with cheddar mash, it was really nice......service was good and food came in a decent time, my lady had Mac and cheese with side salad......this she claims was very good.
Noticed some of the furniture in the lounge bar is past its best and a bit tatty but it’s a reasonably nice area , there is an outside patio with pond and water feature but it was too dark to appreciate.
Enjoyable evening, nice food now about to retire.....will report back!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:57 am

Didn’t sleep great, bed is definitely a uk double and feels small to me ( we have a king at home ) , it is also too soft, this may suit some but I dislike this and prefer firm.
The gym here is very good , I done an hour cardio training this morning using bike, cross trainer , row machine and treadmill...... all worked fine....... it was a little busy but plenty of equipment available.
Went for quick sauna but not working so went for steam instead, this was at a good temperature and pleasant after a hard workout ...... changing rooms lockers require one pound ........ changing rooms clean and tidy.
Now off to breakfast, I seem to remember it being quite good here?........will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.