Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: emofeng
Diamond benefit as of Dec 28, 2018
  • $50 benefit ($25/pp; max 2) toward food, can be used on room service or at any food outlet. This can be used toward breakfast but there is no specific breakfast benefit.
  • Noon checkout
  • Space available upgrade; one category. Room to suite is ineligible, regardless of category booked (as of 09/2019)
Cost of valet parking: $70 (as of 09/28/2023)

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

I've just booked, using an AMEX award cert. I was happy to find space. I was less than happy to have it be ADA. I had the agent note that we do not require an ADA room.

ADA accessible with low furnishings and shower bars in a 537 sq. ft. room & a 110 sq. ft. terrace
Located on floors three and four
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've just booked, using an AMEX award cert. I was happy to find space. I was less than happy to have it be ADA. I had the agent note that we do not require an ADA room.

ADA accessible with low furnishings and shower bars in a 537 sq. ft. room & a 110 sq. ft. terrace
Located on floors three and four
That’s pretty uncool. I hope you get a regular room. I’ll be very curious to hear what you think!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
As I mentioned in a few earlier posts, that’s pretty standard. I’ve yet to see a non-ADA standard award room here. However, the hotel had no problem providing me a standard king room for my stay this past weekend, despite being sold out one of the nights I was there.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:04 pm

My wife and I just had a three night award stay here over the past weekend. The hotel was quite full, so unfortunately we didn’t get an upgrade or late checkout despite being Diamond. Everything else was great, though. The hotel and rooms are truly luxurious. We loved the Ferragamo toiletries and the complimentary car service (we always got the Maybach, though they do have a Rolls Royce). Spa services were excellent, too. The Diamond breakfast benefit was recently upgraded to continental breakfast for two at Jean-Georges, which is an improvement over the credit mentioned in earlier posts here. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Great upgrade, nice stay, but my shoes were stolen.

I travel a great deal and encounter small bumps along the way, but what happened to me at this property completely caught me off-guard.

I originally booked a reward stay; with rooms over $700, I thought 95k HHonors points was a good value. But with rates falling in the $500s and special bonus promotions going on, I decided to cancel my reward and book a revenue stay.

As an HHonors Diamond, I set my expectations low for complimentary upgrades. My experience at other Waldorf properties is they'll bump you up a view but not really into another room type.

To my delight, they upgraded me to a beautiful corner suite with a spacious balcony which wrapped around it, with incredible views of both Beverly Hills and Los Angeles.

The room was great; comfortable and quiet in every way. Plenty of room to spread out inside and out. A pair of pocket doors separated the living room from the bedroom. While there were windows everywhere, the blinds and drapes could be controlled with a button. The room was also equipped with an iPad and Alexa to round out whatever tech you desire.

The master closet was spacious and well lit. Between bright lights and abundant sunlight, it was a treat to dress in good light. Too many modern hotels under do lighting and/or use too few energy saving bulbs. While other hotels have turned their rooms and suites into dark caves, it was refreshing to be in a spectacularly bright and airy room.

Beyond the closet was the huge master bath. Suites are stocked with healthy bottles of Diptyque ammenities. Both the bathtub and shower had huge floor to ceiling windows bringing in plenty of light. Some light sheers could be lowered by remote for some privacy, but I don't know how private it'd be at night lit up.

The suite was very comfortable and it was easy to open windows, manage the AC, and the rest of the tech. My only complaint was there was no outlet near the only table in the suite, making it tricky to keep a laptop powered while working.

When I pulled up to the lobby in my rental car, I was immediately swarmed by eager staff that parked the car, took my bags, and walked me to the front desk. From there, the front desk person walked me around the lobby, pointed out highlights and amenities, and brought me to my suite to show me around.

There's a house Rolls Royce that'll take you around within 3 miles, but I never had the chance to use it.

I used the lobby bar, Jean Georges, and the rooftop JG venue. Food/drink were very good all around as was service. While I thought food was very reasonably priced, especially for a high quality luxury hotel, I felt the cocktail prices were exorbitant. As an example, a Hendricks martini in the lobby bar set me back about $28.

But here comes my service snafu: as soon as I got to the room, I gave them two shirts to press and my shoes to shine. After a series of confusing suite visits and phonecalls, the Waldorf fessed up: they somehow lost my shoes. And I never got a really good answer on what happend, even though lots of "security tapes were reviewed." I was speechless that a hotel could lose something as ordinary as shoes and couldn't believe a hotel of this caliber could have allowed this to happen. They were the only shoes I traveled with this stay ...and my favorite perfect-fitting pair to boot.

During the 2 hours I was pacing around in my suite without shoes, wondering if I could get into Jean Georges without footwear, the hotel called to say they completed their investigation and concluded my shoes were indeed lost.

Fortunately, just outside this hotel is a retail mecca. The hotel bought me new shoes and showered me with apologies for the balance of the stay. They also comped a good portion of my tab, including those hefty lobby bar drinks. I thought they did a decent job with the service recovery, although its shocking that something like this could happen here. They didn't reveal any details about what happened; for all I know there's a foot fetishist on site who grabbed them and ran. I really hope they surface some time / some where; I would love to get my shoes back!

That weird service failure aside, I found the property gorgeous, the suite fantastic, and food/drink/service to be great. I would recommend it as the new "in" place to be in Beverly Hills.

The property, service, and features are far superior to the Hilton next door. But you get what you pay for. Whether you're willing to spend for it is another thing.

Other note: beyond the upgrade and 1,000 point bonus, they provided a $50 food/beverage credit for being diamond. They also sent a welcome ammenity of fruit, cake/candies. Not sure if its standard or tied to being Diamond.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:41 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
@weatherboy I’m so sorry that your shoes were lost! That’s indeed a very unusual circumstance, but I’m sure things do very rarely get lost due to circumstances that aren’t always in everyone’s control (even with the video!). Still, the hotel seems to have done right by you under challenging and highly unusual circumstances: buying hopefully comparable shoes, comp’ing hefty bar tabs, and perhaps throwing in some other niceties as way of apology? They’d already upgraded you to a lovely suite, even before your snafu, so that is a point in their favor.

It’s always distressing when something strange or very bad happens to us. But at least the WA tried very hard to make it right here. As one who is isn’t ordinarily a fan of WA but has heard nothing but great things about this particular (local) property, I’m pretty impressed. This actually makes me more likely to stay here, knowing they get it and likely will take care of us if ever things go awry.

Sounds Ike you had a great stay otherwise, at least.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Other note: beyond the upgrade and 1,000 point bonus, they provided a $50 food/beverage credit for being diamond. They also sent a welcome ammenity of fruit, cake/candies. Not sure if its standard or tied to being Diamond.
I suspect the $50 credit probably was part of your paid rate, and the welcome treats come with the suite. Neither were provided for my points stay last month (Diamond, no suite upgrade).
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by tda1986

I suspect the $50 credit probably was part of your paid rate, and the welcome treats come with the suite. Neither were provided for my points stay last month (Diamond, no suite upgrade).
I've noticed more and more that hotels are offering food/beverage credit rather than coupons or certificates. The Waldorf specifically called out the $50 as a Diamond perk. At the Beverly Hilton, they provided $40 food/beverage credit in place of a breakfast voucher to Circa. Two other Hilton-flagged properties also gave me credit rather than a coupon during my stay at their lounge-less properties.

As far as the welcome treats, I suspect they are tied to the suite though.

For your stay, what Diamond benefits did you get? I was glad to see that HHonors made breakfast or comparable F&B credit a perk for Gold/Diamond HHonors members standard at Waldorfs this year.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:15 pm

For your stay, what Diamond benefits did you get? I was glad to see that HHonors made breakfast or comparable F&B credit a perk for Gold/Diamond HHonors members standard at Waldorfs this year.
We received daily free continental breakfast for two in Jean Georges and a 20% discount on other meals at Jean Georges.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:06 pm

I love the max $40 f&b credit at the Bev Hilton. Starbucks is right across the street, and the credit covers a fair number of drinks and apps during happy hour at the lobby or pool bar - a better use of the credit IMO.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:03 pm

Beyond the F&B credit, I also got a discount card for 20% off Jean Georges for dinner. Doesn't look like it's tied to a specific day/date, so I'll use it for another visit.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
I love the max $40 f&b credit at the Bev Hilton. Starbucks is right across the street, and the credit covers a fair number of drinks and apps during happy hour at the lobby or pool bar - a better use of the credit IMO.
With the Beverly Hilton losing Trader Vicks, the pool/lounge on the Waldorf=Astoria is superior to the Hilton. If the funky drinks (like fishbowls and tiki glasses) + Hawaii-fusion appetizers returned to the Hilton, I'd go back. But for now, the W=A has my business.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:26 pm

With the Beverly Hilton losing Trader Vicks, the pool/lounge on the Waldorf=Astoria is superior to the Hilton. If the funky drinks (like fishbowls and tiki glasses) + Hawaii-fusion appetizers returned to the Hilton, I'd go back. But for now, the W=A has my business.
Agree, but there is consistently a massive difference in rates between the two properties.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:58 pm

How is pool access set up? I am local and planning a weekend staycation here. Wondering if I can invite a friend up to the pool.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
How is pool access set up? I am local and planning a weekend staycation here. Wondering if I can invite a friend up to the pool.
i had a friend meet me there. You can meet them in the lobby and bring then up through the main elevator bank or have them meet you on the pool level by using the elevator behind the checkin area
hyperzulu likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.