Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: emofeng
Diamond benefit as of Dec 28, 2018
  • $50 benefit ($25/pp; max 2) toward food, can be used on room service or at any food outlet. This can be used toward breakfast but there is no specific breakfast benefit.
  • Noon checkout
  • Space available upgrade; one category. Room to suite is ineligible, regardless of category booked (as of 09/2019)
Cost of valet parking: $70 (as of 09/28/2023)

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I just booked a standard room, can’t recall what it was called but 95K per night for the 3 nights.
I believe that's the "dungeon room." It's never been available when I've looked. This property is not exactly a shining example of the Hilton Honors program.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I believe that's the "dungeon room." It's never been available when I've looked. This property is not exactly a shining example of the Hilton Honors program.
The only standard award room I saw available when I looked for several months was the King accessible room. So that is what I book for three nights in August/September. (I generally try to leave those rooms for those who actually need them, but I'm not paying 225k points for a marginally better room because the hotel refuses to make available a reasonable number of standard rooms.) Hopefully as a Diamond, I'll get some sort of upgrade. I suspect I may have to ask, since they might assume we actually need an accessible room.

Last edited by tda1986; Jul 4, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:15 pm

This hotel is pretty frustrating. When I search for flexible dates and find dates with standard award availability at 95,000, none of the results are standard award rooms. If I force 4 occupants in the search, then the Superior 2Q ADA room shows up for 95,000 for the same dates. I'm hoping that calling up Hilton would resolve the problem and get me booked into a standard award room for 2 guests instead of 4.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
This hotel is pretty frustrating. When I search for flexible dates and find dates with standard award availability at 95,000, none of the results are standard award rooms. If I force 4 occupants in the search, then the Superior 2Q ADA room shows up for 95,000 for the same dates. I'm hoping that calling up Hilton would resolve the problem and get me booked into a standard award room for 2 guests instead of 4.
If you select the "Show Accessible Rooms" checkbox in the "Narrow your results" left sidebar on results page (on desktop site), the ADA rooms should show up even with just two guests specified. It sounds like only ADA rooms are available at the standard award rate on your dates, and the site does not include ADA rooms in search results by default. When you increase occupancy to four adults, site presents Two-Queen ADA room likely because it is only remaining room that can accommodate the headcount. If any other four-person rooms were available, site would likely suppress the ADA option in default results.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
If you select the "Show Accessible Rooms" checkbox in the "Narrow your results" left sidebar on results page (on desktop site), the ADA rooms should show up even with just two guests specified. It sounds like only ADA rooms are available at the standard award rate on your dates, and the site does not include ADA rooms in search results by default. When you increase occupancy to four adults, site presents Two-Queen ADA room likely because it is only remaining room that can accommodate the headcount. If any other four-person rooms were available, site would likely suppress the ADA option in default results.
Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:35 pm

I was able to book two nights after a bit of an issue. I was using two certificates, one under my account and the other under my wife's account. Since we pool all our points into my account since I'm diamond, she's left with just 27 points in her account. So when the agents on the phone went to search for the second night under her account, nothing came up. I wonder when this glitch started. I knew about this from previous experience over a year ago. I'm surprised it's still going. A search from my account, rewards available. Her account, no rewards available. No account logged in, rewards available. Makes perfect sense. Mostly surprised that it even tripped up two different agents at the diamond desk before a supervisor fixed the issue.

For those curious about what the agents had to do - I guess the procedure involves them temporarily "gifting" the points required to book the room. I saw 100,000 points added to my wife's account which were removed the next morning.

Last edited by hyperzulu; Aug 13, 2018 at 8:39 am
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
@hyperzulu what do you mean you pool your points? How do you do that without transferring them?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
@hyperzulu what do you mean you pool your points? How do you do that without transferring them?
I'm just using the program terminology incorrectly. I meant I transfer her points to my account. Sorry for the confusion. Now that there is a legit points pooling option, I see how that can throw someone off.
Hilton Honors New Benefits FAQs
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
It sounds like only ADA rooms are available at the standard award rate on your dates...
Does this hotel have any other standard award rooms? After looking across many dates, I've never seen non-ADA standard award rooms.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by tda1986
Does this hotel have any other standard award rooms? After looking across many dates, I've never seen non-ADA standard award rooms.
There are some dates where a standard non-ADA room is available. The standard room is a 2Queen room. The single king is considered a premium award *shrug*.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I booked a 95k room for a Saturday night stay - it says “Superior Queen w/Terrace 537 sq ft floor 3-5”. The room sounds ok to me, am I missing something?

It also says it cannot be cancelled, what is up with that, are the Oscars Feb 23? I don’t remember any reward stay this far out being non refundable unless is was a Nebraska home football weekend.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:02 pm

Anyone have any recent stays here? My wife and I are looking forward to a stay here next week.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:49 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kmandrew
It also says it cannot be cancelled, what is up with that, are the Oscars Feb 23? I don’t remember any reward stay this far out being non refundable unless is was a Nebraska home football weekend.
The Oscars are Feb. 24. Prepare yourself. I’m not sure I’d want to deal with the security and inevitable restrictions due to so many celebs being around.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bhrubin

The Oscars are Feb. 24. Prepare yourself. I’m not sure I’d want to deal with the security and inevitable restrictions due to so many celebs being around.
No such luck my wife is all in now she knows this.

Maybe I’ll get walked, we won’t arrive until close to midnight. The reason we chose here is we have a 10:30 pm flight to NZ and wanted some place cool to hang around Sunday.

bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kmandrew
No such luck my wife is all in now she knows this.
Maybe I’ll get walked, we won’t arrive until close to midnight. The reason we chose here is we have a 10:30 pm flight to NZ and wanted some place cool to hang around Sunday.
Well, it could be quite a cool place to hang out if seeing celebs is of interest!

I can't wait to read your report now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.