Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: emofeng
Diamond benefit as of Dec 28, 2018
  • $50 benefit ($25/pp; max 2) toward food, can be used on room service or at any food outlet. This can be used toward breakfast but there is no specific breakfast benefit.
  • Noon checkout
  • Space available upgrade; one category. Room to suite is ineligible, regardless of category booked (as of 09/2019)
Cost of valet parking: $70 (as of 09/28/2023)

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:46 am

I can see availability at 95,000 points for Monday and Tuesday next week but not other nights.

I have recently booked a reward night there for December. My experience is that the standard reward rooms are only the mobility accessible rooms. If searching for availability you need to make sure they are included in your search criteria.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by donjo
According to Hilton's own website (pointsandmoney.hilton.com/#LAXWA), the maximum room redemption points would be 95,000.
That's not how Hilton Honors works. If they have a "base" room, it should be available for no more than 95K points. Other rooms may be available as "premium awards" for whatever the property wishes to charge.

That said, it is entirely possible that this property is not honoring program rules by offering base rooms at 95K points. You'd need to do more research to find out whether that's the case. If it is, our HonorsRepresentative, Lauren, has been very good about correcting those situations.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:34 pm

I stayed there for one night in September for 95k points (2 queen beds, superior room) but the room was booked just before the recent 'devaluation'.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by sbv72
I can see availability at 95,000 points for Monday and Tuesday next week but not other nights.

I have recently booked a reward night there for December. My experience is that the standard reward rooms are only the mobility accessible rooms. If searching for availability you need to make sure they are included in your search criteria.
Now showing availability all week next week at 95,000 points.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I can't make heads or tails of this. I will say the person at the WA Beverly Hills was very polite and interested to help. She went out of her way and emailed me the following morning. Oddly, after complaining, all the days I complained about showed availability the next day. So I booked my two days and am pleased that it worked out. The other glitch I noticed was that if you look for two days for example, and there is the lowest level room on the first day, but only a higher level room on the second day, it did not display the option to book the base rate for the first night and switch rooms for the second night.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by donjo
I can't make heads or tails of this. I will say the person at the WA Beverly Hills was very polite and interested to help. She went out of her way and emailed me the following morning. Oddly, after complaining, all the days I complained about showed availability the next day. So I booked my two days and am pleased that it worked out. The other glitch I noticed was that if you look for two days for example, and there is the lowest level room on the first day, but only a higher level room on the second day, it did not display the option to book the base rate for the first night and switch rooms for the second night.
This is normal for the Hilton booking engine. When making a multi-night reservation before booking always check the rate for each individual night to see if it is cheaper to make a series of one night reservations,
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:14 am

Any reports on upgrades and breakfast for diamonds? People have said they were staying but never really reported back. Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Any reports on upgrades and breakfast for diamonds? People have said they were staying but never really reported back. Thanks
Just recently stayed here as a Diamond. No upgrade. The hotel seems to really sold out when I stayed here. When I was checking in, some guys next to me asked if there is an upgrade to any suite and he was willing to shell out $5k a night for it; but the hotel declined.
The only thing you would get as Diamond is $30 for S&B.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by karstenth
Just recently stayed here as a Diamond. No upgrade. The hotel seems to really sold out when I stayed here. When I was checking in, some guys next to me asked if there is an upgrade to any suite and he was willing to shell out $5k a night for it; but the hotel declined.
The only thing you would get as Diamond is $30 for S&B.
What is S&B?

I was thinking of this property for Spring Break but now wonder if it's a better value to stay at Hilton next door. I had award redemption and paid $60 upgrade fee to get junior suite in Wilshire Tower plus 2 free elaborate continental breakfasts.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We decided to stay next door at the BH for 60,000 pts rather than the WA for 95,000 (even though the WA is technically a better "value" based on cash rates) - but we aren't really marble and gilt people, and the BH is iconic.

However, we do want to mosey next door and take a look/have a drink. I know only hotel guests are allowed on the rooftop, but is there another bar/lounge inside the WA that would be worth the trip? And I wonder if there is a back-door shortcut between the two properties?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jzafar
What is S&B?

I was thinking of this property for Spring Break but now wonder if it's a better value to stay at Hilton next door. I had award redemption and paid $60 upgrade fee to get junior suite in Wilshire Tower plus 2 free elaborate continental breakfasts.
Are you diamond? I received both the junior suite (at check-in) and the breakfast buffet (contintental portion) for free on both of my recent stays as the diamond benefits at the Beverly Hilton. Why did you pay for these two things, maybe to confirm the room upgrade in advance of arrival?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
However, we do want to mosey next door and take a look/have a drink. I know only hotel guests are allowed on the rooftop, but is there another bar/lounge inside the WA that would be worth the trip? And I wonder if there is a back-door shortcut between the two properties?
What I recall from my stay was that the rooftop was accessible to anyone but the rooftop pool was restricted to guests. Tables get booked quickly at popular times but I was able to walk-up and get seating at the bar.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Gradfly
What I recall from my stay was that the rooftop was accessible to anyone but the rooftop pool was restricted to guests. Tables get booked quickly at popular times but I was able to walk-up and get seating at the bar.
Oh, good to know. I thought I read somewhere that it was the whole rooftop area that was hotel guests only.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:52 pm

We decided to stay next door at the BH for 60,000 pts rather than the WA for 95,000 (even though the WA is technically a better "value" based on cash rates) - but we aren't really marble and gilt people, and the BH is iconic.

I think we're going to give the WA a whirl after all for the 95,000 pts.

I was thinking about what I said myself about relative value - for our dates the least expensive WA room is $850 or so, with taxes over $1,000. When am I ever going to get to stay in a $1,000 room again (although I know it can't possibly be worth that). But with the Hilton at 60,000 (or $250) for possibly a crap room that hasn't been renovated in over 10 years I'll take my chances.

And the WA room guarantees a balcony, the H does not. Overlooking the Blvd? Fine with me.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think we're going to give the WA a whirl after all for the 95,000 pts.

I was thinking about what I said myself about relative value - for our dates the least expensive WA room is $850 or so, with taxes over $1,000. When am I ever going to get to stay in a $1,000 room again (although I know it can't possibly be worth that). But with the Hilton at 60,000 (or $250) for possibly a crap room that hasn't been renovated in over 10 years I'll take my chances.
For an extra 35K per night, that's what I would do, too. It's not like the value of those Hilton points is going up. Might as well burn them on something special before they're further devalued.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.