Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Why does ES find it so hard to actually deliver one's chosen in-room benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

For the second time in a few months, I stayed at an Embassy Suites which seemed to have zero understanding of the in-room benefits that are supposed to be guaranteed by the HHonors T&C's for Diamonds.

On the website it says these are one's choices when staying at an ES:

Choose ONE of the following:

-> Three in-room snacks and beverages
Sweet Tooth (two Candy Bars)
Two Bottles of Water
Two Regular Colas
Two Diet Colas
Two Regular Lemon-Lime Sodas
Two Pieces of Fruit
Salty Snack (popcorn, pretzels, etc.)

OR

-> Diamond VIP 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points

My profile choices state: Three in-room snacks/beverages || Sweet tooth (two candy bars); two diet colas; salty snack.

This week, at the Embassy Suites Denver-Stapleton the front desk clerk at check-in handed me a bag with two bottles of water and a pack of cheese nips and said "Here's your Diamond amenity." I tried to explain what was actually required, and was told "This is what we do."

So, I tweeted the HHonors rep (who to his/her credit, responded immediately), got the issue immediately, and said he/she would be in touch with the hotel to rectify. In a few minutes, there came a knock on the door; same clerk, with same bag, with two more bottles of water and a Snickers bar. (So, I guess we're sort of half-way there, more or less). I tweeted back and the Twitter rep apologized saying that they had "raised my concerns with hotel management."

Pretty much the exact same story (minus the second bag) -- with the munificent "Here's your Diamond amenity" at check in with my two bottles of water and one tiny bag of chips -- happened a few months earlier at the Embassy Suites St. Charles MO.

Now, I won't starve, and I'm not so poor that I can't buy my own snacks, but as I think about it, only ONCE in the last few years has ANY Embassy Suites actually delivered what is promised on the in-room benefits page.

So, HHonors, if you're reading, I suggest you just remove this since it only leads to frustration.

Yes, first-world problem, I know; but....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.