Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

'Ghost' redemption and inaction of Honors CSR

Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA

I've had a reward reservation that randomly reappears at the same hotel in Montreal for the last few months. There have been at least two instances, one of which since no reward certificate was ever issued, incurred a manual debit on my Hhonors account. The second time is when I was requested by Hhonors to contact directly the hotel to sort it out, they informed me that I had a reservation for the same day which they successfully cancelled.

As the email customer representative was useless (it went from 'you stayed', to 'you checked in but didn't stay', to 'you didn't check in', to 'you had multiple rooms', to 'we cannot find a reservation but the hotel requested to withdraw the points' across a 15 messages thread), I called on two occasions. Each call was for more than 1 hour transferring to various departments, which after the call confirmed that this was an error in the system and they would request the points to be credited back. It never happened.

I find this behavior unacceptable and I have completely stopped staying at Hilton as a result. I am wondering if other people experienced this kind of issue and if there is any email address I may want to escalate this further.

Thank you.

F

Guest assistance files: 1846133, 6475827
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
You might try PMing HHonorsRepresentative. Be sure to include the Guest assistance file numbers you have in your post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.