Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

targetted promo | stays count towards 2018 status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:25 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

No detail but when I go into my account there is this booking square with the message:

WHY PAY MORE?
FIND THE LOWEST PRICE HERE

Members Get the Lowest Price Anywhere, plus instant benefits only at Hilton.com

BOOK NOW

YOU'RE DIAMOND FOR 2017!

NOW STAYS THROUGH DEC. 31 COUNT TOWARDS 2018
For the rest of the year, your stays will count towards your 2018 tier status qualifiction.
(sic)

Did I miss a thread on this? Once you qualify for diamond, do stays now count for the following qualification period or is this targeted?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
wow I have not seen that!! and my travel is dwindling down, I would love to be able to accrue stays for 2018 now..
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Indeed, first time for me to see this too. With the current VISA promo, another reason to strike while the iron is hot. (I can't find this box/pop-up, btw).

Last edited by Abidjan; Nov 13, 2016 at 8:49 am Reason: Update to say I do not see this deal while logged in.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
I made diamond for next year back in March and can't find this anywhere. Is it in a pop-up?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
wow, now that's a promo on top of the other stackable ones right now. Not seeing this anywhere. Hope the Hilton rep can confirm this is general and not targeted.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:13 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I'm one stay short of diamond for next year at the moment (staying this week) and I see no mention of this anywhere on the website when logged in. Do you have a screen shot of where this appears so we know what to look for?

I'd probably shift a few of my remaining stays back to Hilton if this promo was available.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does that mean that Hilton has rollover nights?

The OP just qualified for Diamond. At programs which have rollover nights, any nights beyond Diamond would roll over to the next year, and start off the count of elite nights next year toward status in the year after that.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the case of Marriott, these rollover nights seem to count double for lifetime status too.

In the past Starwood had some promos, most recently targeted, for nights or stays to count for both calendar years.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I'm chatting with a HH rep on this right now, will post results once done.

UPDATE: It's the dreaded Targeted Promotion.

Ready to chat...

HH Rep,
Thank you for visiting the Hilton website. My name is HH Rep. How may I help you today?

You
I am reading a blog that says "NOW STAYS THROUGH DEC. 31 COUNT TOWARDS 2018. For the rest of the year, your stays will count towards your 2018 tier status qualification." Is this true?
Name here is dave1013, HH xxxxxxxxx

HH Rep,
What I will do for you right away is to locate your account first and check your tier status.

You
OK

HH Rep,
For verification purposes, please provide your name, preferred phone number and email address listed on the account.

You
<redacted>

HH Rep,
Upon checking your account, your (sic) in the highest level of account tier status already.

You
I know. What I an inquiring about is the blog post that claims stays in 2016 from here on out will be counted as helping to requalify for 2018. Is it true or just "smoke"?

HH Rep,
Can I have the link of that blog that you've read?

You
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-else-see.html

HH Rep
Thank you for providing that link. One moment please.

Thank you for patiently waiting.

It appears that this particular promotion was only available to a targeted group, and I apologize that I am unable to extend this opportunity to anyone outside of that targeted group.

You
Thank you for checking.

HH Rep
We extend offers several times throughout the year to express our gratitude for your loyalty, and we aim to create interesting offers for all levels of members. Some offers go to all of our members, while some are more targeted. To find out more about ongoing promotions and other unique offers, please check out hhonors.com .

You
Will do, thanks and have a good day.

Last edited by dave1013; Nov 13, 2016 at 10:18 am Reason: Results of chat
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by dave1013
I'm chatting with a HH rep on this right now, will post results once done.

UPDATE: It's the dreaded Targeted Promotion.
Darn, but thanks for passing along the information. We requalified awhile ago and have more stays planned in 2016, so would have enjoyed having some in the bank for next year.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:08 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Not sure why I was targeted. I did have a bunch of stays pre-booked for a regulatory hearing I was at. The hearing finished early so ended up with a bunch of cancellations. Maybe that triggered it?

PS. There is no information about when this started, after my requalification stay or today or ?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Logged in, looked all over, no mention of this anywhere for my account. Lame.

Neil
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:15 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Most easily seen, once you log in, on your account page:

STAYS COUNT TO 2018 STATUS

Look below your elite progress bar--the promo box looks like this. If you mouse over, it gives you a bit more (not much) detail:

Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Not sure why I was targeted. I did have a bunch of stays pre-booked for a regulatory hearing I was at. The hearing finished early so ended up with a bunch of cancellations. Maybe that triggered it?

PS. There is no information about when this started, after my requalification stay or today or ?
Since mid october I have been getting double stay credits and had not received any notification from HH about it.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
Darn, but thanks for passing along the information. We requalified awhile ago and have more stays planned in 2016, so would have enjoyed having some in the bank for next year.
I called the Diamond Desk after this chat to see if I could get anywhere that way. The nice lady who took my call would not budge, nor would her supervisor - which is about what I expected. This was strictly a targeted promotion, they claimed no knowledge of (1) how the qualifying criteria were developed, (2) what they were, nor (3) did they know who was accountable for it/them.

The only glimmer of hope was that the supervisor said that the promotional emails don't all go out at the same time, and I should have faith and perhaps I'll get one this month or next. How great thou art!

If so, it will surely come after my last scheduled stay for the year. I have five stays coming in the next three weeks, then that's it for 2016.

Isn't it nice that HHonors can hand out Diamond status matches like candy to top elites from other programs, many who probably never dreamed of staying at a Hilton (and may not once elevated)? Great to swell the ranks that way, but extend a nice benefit to us Diamonds? Uh-uh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.