Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is the Hilton Honors Winter Sale on its way...??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class

Just noticed when I was trying to book a hotel that an 'HHonors Winter Sale' rate came up in the results.
The rate was higher than the standard rate (I presume they will modify the rates when the actual sale starts). Last year Hilton was running a winter sale from November 17th until the end of January for Europe, Africa and the Middle East so I think the next sale will start soon... :-))
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:22 am

Hope so! I've got a few bookings over Xmas and New Year that could get a little cheaper!

I think that Xmas sale should apply to points bookings too, reduce the points by some percentage (though this assumes that the flexible rates are in the sale; sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't)
Old Nov 11, 2016, 5:36 am

That was the sale! 15% off best available rate ("Bar") - 20% off for
HHonors members.

Will repeat again 12/5-7 for stays 12/18-1/2
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:51 pm

How about a Black Friday sale? Does Hilton have any history with that?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:53 pm

I am looking at a property right now in Europe with this sale rate. It notes "breakfast not included". Is this just saying that it is a typical rate that doesn't include breakfast (as opposed to some places in Europe which do), or is it saying that it is some sort of non-qualifying rate upon which hhonors members will not get their breakfast benefit?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I am looking at a property right now in Europe with this sale rate. It notes "breakfast not included". Is this just saying that it is a typical rate that doesn't include breakfast (as opposed to some places in Europe which do), or is it saying that it is some sort of non-qualifying rate upon which hhonors members will not get their breakfast benefit?
Hi there

I believe that this means that the rate is the typical rate without breakfast, though eligible guests will get some form of breakfast amenity (i.e. Diamond; Gold with relevant MyWay preferences set to breakfast). I also book this rate and end up with breakfast due to the Diamond member.

However, I thought that this wording is typical in Europe and also in North America (outside hotels that provide breakfast as standard such as Hampton Inns, Home2 Suites etc).

Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:23 pm

Thanks for the quick response - it's good to hear that you were still treated well as a Diamond on a rate with this language.

The language isn't common here in the U.S. - I've never seen it in the rate description for a North American property. Moreover, what made it jump out to me was that the other rates for this same property that I was looking at (flexible rates, "hhonors discount" rates) did not include the language either. And, given that the rate was at such a discount, I was thinking that perhaps it was a "non qualifying rate" of some sort.

The rate also explicitly mentions getting wifi and points, so it is almost like it is unbundling the hhonors benefits and selectively denying some of them - just seemed very odd to have this explicit "no breakfast" clause.

The full T&Cs for the Winter Sale don't say anything about not including breakfast or other benefits on the rates...
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:26 pm

Thanks for the quick response - it's good to hear that you were still treated well as a Diamond on a rate with this language.

The language isn't common here in the U.S. - I've never seen it in the rate description for a North American property. Moreover, what made it jump out to me was that the other rates for this same property that I was looking at (flexible rates, "hhonors discount" rates) did not include the language either. And, given that the rate was at such a discount, I was thinking that perhaps it was a "non qualifying rate" of some sort.

The rate also explicitly mentions getting wifi and points, so it is almost like it is unbundling the hhonors benefits and selectively denying some of them - just seemed very odd to have this explicit "no breakfast" clause.

The full T&Cs for the Winter Sale don't say anything about not including breakfast or other benefits on the rates...
Haha, I guess I never realise the absence of the wording with North American rates. Nonetheless, I've always gotten the breakfast on these winter rates including a recent stay as well as a fair few on the last winter sale

Enjoy your breakfast!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:45 am

Sounds good - thanks! ^
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:19 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G

The language isn't common here in the U.S. - I've never seen it in the rate description for a North American property. Moreover, what made it jump out to me was that the other rates for this same property that I was looking at (flexible rates, "hhonors discount" rates) did not include the language either.
Many UK hotels have rates with descriptions such as "room only, no breakfast" or "breakfast not included", and I have never not received complimentary full breakfast when booking such rates (not just continental, and this is almost always the case for UK Hiltons). This language appears even when there are no special sale rates loaded, but there will be another rate with breakfast further down the list, so there shouldn't be any ambiguity.

Once a front desk person even felt that she had to say "you've booked a rate without breakfast but you get it anyway as you're a Hilton Diamond"

I have no experiences with U.S. Hiltons since I haven't been there in 10 years and am not likely to go in the next 10 either.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: HH D
On my last stay, for the first time ever I asked why they didn't give me an upgrade (I was given the type of room I booked, but at the poorest thinkable location, it had a wall view.) While I always use dinner at this hotel too.

So they said I had been upgraded to a room with breakfast included. So I said I think not! In the end, got a river view upgrade.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:22 pm

Winter Sale

While looking for a hotel in Egypt, I noticed they featured "Winter Sale" rates. Does anyone know how long these winter sale rates will be available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.