FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Consolidated "Hilton Mobile App" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1800118-consolidated-hilton-mobile-app-thread.html)

mrobert Apr 8, 2010 3:09 pm

Hilton Honors BlackBerry app - do you want one?

Hello guys,

The best part of the year has come. Back to travelling all over the world :)

Since I am a programmer, I make a lot of personal software to virtually run my business from my BlackBerry. One thing I miss, is having a "1-click" access to view my HHonors account.

So, I have decided to make myself a little app for the purpose. Then I remembered the happy bunch here at FT :)

Is anyone interested in such an app? The reason I ask, is because I don't mind brushing it up a little bit, to make it more consumer friendly and share the joy.

You have my word that FT forum members will have it for free, so this is not a "commercial" post.

Let me know what you think.

OkieFlyer Apr 8, 2010 3:51 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by mrobert
Hello guys,

The best part of the year has come. Back to travelling all over the world :)

Since I am a programmer, I make a lot of personal software to virtually run my business from my BlackBerry. One thing I miss, is having a "1-click" access to view my HHonors account.

So, I have decided to make myself a little app for the purpose. Then I remembered the happy bunch here at FT :)

Is anyone interested in such an app? The reason I ask, is because I don't mind brushing it up a little bit, to make it more consumer friendly and share the joy.

You have my word that FT forum members will have it for free, so this is not a "commercial" post.

Let me know what you think.

I would love one!

What a generous offer.

drewdawg199 Apr 8, 2010 7:24 pm

I would definately like to see a blackberry app!

kayak-dan Apr 8, 2010 8:02 pm

Please put it out.

docr775 Apr 8, 2010 8:24 pm

I would love it, or as they say in Romania - "asi vrea o copie".

seychellesbound Apr 8, 2010 8:59 pm

I'm able to successfully access and navigate the hhonors website using the Bolt browser but I would love an app.

Hippo72 Apr 9, 2010 1:29 am

An App would ge really nice!

Already plans on what you'll cover in this App? Just the account info or upcoming reservations? Or even booking?

Thanks!

zaf Apr 9, 2010 2:41 am

I would love one as well. Thanx for the offer and effort :) ^^^

jeffpfeifer Apr 9, 2010 7:24 am

There's a Hilton app for the iphone which allows you to have access to your hhonors account to see your point balance, search for hotels and make reservations, etc. If you have the GPS enabled on the phone you can click a link that says "Find Hotels Near Me."

Hippo72 Apr 9, 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by jeffpfeifer (Post 13739222)
There's a Hilton app for the iphone which allows you to have access to your hhonors account to see your point balance, search for hotels and make reservations, etc. If you have the GPS enabled on the phone you can click a link that says "Find Hotels Near Me."

Thanks!
Just for the wrong device :-(

mrobert Apr 9, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for the enthusiastic feedback!
Off to work then, to have this baby released.

Initially it will be a static/read-only application that will just pull information from your account and display it. I can add upcoming reservations to the display.

I am also working on an (optional) mode that will process all requests through our server, drastically minimizing the amount of data transferred and increasing speed heavily (this is usefull for people like who pay quite a lot when roaming).

I will keep you updated through this thread.

sallyerd Apr 9, 2010 7:13 pm

Absolutely, yes, please! Sugar on top and with a side of enthusiasm!

GJS - yow Apr 10, 2010 9:10 am

Originally Posted by mrobert (Post 13741674)
Thanks for the enthusiastic feedback!
Off to work then, to have this baby released.

Initially it will be a static/read-only application that will just pull information from your account and display it. I can add upcoming reservations to the display.

I am also working on an (optional) mode that will process all requests through our server, drastically minimizing the amount of data transferred and increasing speed heavily (this is usefull for people like who pay quite a lot when roaming).

I will keep you updated through this thread.

That would be great!

Keyser Apr 13, 2010 5:56 am

thanks mrobert....this would be great....

mrobert Aug 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by saad (Post 13760164)
thanks mrobert....this would be great....

I am a bit behind on this project (was an awfully busy year here), but I will get it wrapped up ASAP :)