Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Mobile App" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hilton Mobile App" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:17 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Wow. Impressive update so far!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shows all my room types as "null".
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by smmrfld
iOS 5.1? Might be part of the problem.
It may be but I'm sure I'm not the only one with that OS. I have no other apps similarly broken. Many others have been updated for ios 7 but remained backwards compatible.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Stripe
Hilton released a new version today and I duly updated. New interface looks good but the app crashes just after you try to do anything. Running ios 5.1.
Works fine for me.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
The App still doesn't show what kind of room I reserved or will be assigned - and thus, I can't see if I've been upgraded. Does anyone else have that problem?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DannyDarko
The App still doesn't show what kind of room I reserved or will be assigned - and thus, I can't see if I've been upgraded. Does anyone else have that problem?
That's the reason I dumped the standard Hilton app and went with the HHonors app which does show more reservation detail.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by controller1
That's the reason I dumped the standard Hilton app and went with the HHonors app which does show more reservation detail.
Huh. Never knew there was a separate HHonors app. Just downloaded it and it seems to be much better than the Hilton app. Even remembers my ID and password, which neither the Hilton app nor the website has been able to do.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Stripe
Huh. Never knew there was a separate HHonors app. Just downloaded it and it seems to be much better than the Hilton app. Even remembers my ID and password, which neither the Hilton app nor the website has been able to do.
Also there is this promo currently active for using the HHonors app:
http://mobi.hilton.com/hh/iphone-app/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...otion-faq.html
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ChristiDTA
And I have had 5 completed stays via the Hhonors app. Called the DD and they said wait another two weeks before calling back for the first stay...

I was messaging with the Conrad folks on the Hilton FB page and asked about whether this promo stacked with the 500 AMEX points. She said it does stack! So fingers crossed. I have another 13 stays this year....
My last stay just posted, was from 30-31st of Oct. This was the first stay that got the mobile app bonus posted, but the rest still do NOT have the bonus points posted.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I have had 13 stays during the promotion period and only two have posted with the mobile app bonus. Called HH and the rep said if you signed up for the current (3rd or 4th) quarterly bonus, you will not get the mobile app bonus. They do not stack. She had no explanation for my two stays that did receive the bonus. A co-worker also called and got the same explanation.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by bebates
I have had 13 stays during the promotion period and only two have posted with the mobile app bonus. Called HH and the rep said if you signed up for the current (3rd or 4th) quarterly bonus, you will not get the mobile app bonus. They do not stack. She had no explanation for my two stays that did receive the bonus. A co-worker also called and got the same explanation.
I do not believe that is true. I suggest to contact them again.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bebates
This sounds bogus. I can't believe no one else is having this issue. This promo is huge for those doing lots of stays during the promo period.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:52 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, United Premier Silver
The promo should stack with the Amex 500 point bonus as well as the Q4 bonus.

Most recently, I did receive the 1,000 points Hhonors app credit for stays at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and DoubleTree Alana, both of which earned the Amex and q4 promo bonus as well. These were completed the second to last week in October. No luck yet on automatic bonus postings on my other stays, though!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:14 pm

I am also waiting for the bonus (2 x 1,000) to post. The 2 bookings/stays were completed about 5 weeks ago. I will patiently wait the suggested 6-8 weeks to see if they post. After that waiting period, I will begin to chase up the points with HHonors....
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
This sounds bogus. I can't believe no one else is having this issue. This promo is huge for those doing lots of stays during the promo period.
I agree and to be honest the HHonors rep sounded clueless. I'll be diamond after my next stay and figured I'd try the diamond desk after that to see if I have better luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.