Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Anyone reach diamond with exactly 30 nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat

This year, I've done a lot of travel and have shamelessly done a lot of property hopping solely so I can run up the stay count
Right now, I'm at 31 nights and 23 stays. Will probably end up around 40 nights for 30+ stays. How many of you have made diamond with a night/stay ratio under 1.5?

Anyone ever made it to diamond with just 30 nights?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I'll get it with around 32 nights. I had one 3 night stay booked before I knew I was going to get close to diamond and since then I've done property hopping as well. It also helps that I can stay wherever is cheapest that particular night if one hotel is much cheaper one night but not another.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Yes I did, in May this year!
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
I am about to get my 30th stay/night at the end of the month..

That one will be a 3 night stay though.

Previously always qualified on spend (less nights, premium rooms) but there is no lifetime incentive to do so.

Globalist
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Yep, 2012 I was gold and made diamond that year with exactly 30 stays, every year I'm close with around 35 stays and most of my stays are one night ( I tour )
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:57 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I'm aiming to do so this year, although if I manage to get in a trip to Salalah for Christmas then I'm not going to stay just one night there....
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:02 am

I am currently 30 stays / 33 nights.
By the end of 2016, I will likely be 38 stays / 53 nights.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

Exactly 30 nights no, but 31/32 nights, every year
Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Skymiles
Friends,

Question:

I am Gold and wondering if Diamond is worth it? Never had it before, but there is an HI near me, should I aim for 30 stays? Are the benefits worth it?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by nzplease
Friends,

Question:

I am Gold and wondering if Diamond is worth it? Never had it before, but there is an HI near me, should I aim for 30 stays? Are the benefits worth it?
Some wouldn't agree but I think it's worth it, guaranteed lounge access and I've had better upgrades since I became diamond from gold a few years back.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
I'm currently a gold member and diamond is within reach (9 more stays between 4 Nov and end Dec). Most of my stays are for one night so would qualify with a decent enough ratio but here in the U.K. I haven't seen too much to get worked up about being a gold and don't think Diamond would deliver anything magical on top of this.

I've got to stay somewhere so might as well push it to Hilton but it's not all for the shiny diamond status.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I'm at 30 stays, 32 nights.

Neil
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Looks like I will be Diamond with 21 stays, 48 nights.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I usually hover between 30 and 40 nights, but have been much closer to 30 the last couple of year. In 2014 it was due purely to decrease in travel and needing to actively push for 30 stays with award stays in December. In 2015 I was able to time an extended Marriott Gold Challenge offer to start in mid-November and end in May, so as soon as I hit 30 I jumped over to Marriott for the rest of 2015 and early 2016. Since that challenge took up a lot of my early 2016 stays, I'll probably hit right at 30 stays and 33-34 nights again in 2016 as well. I do mattress hop too, at least when I'm not traveling with a co-worker or family.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by nzplease
Friends,

Question:

It depends in which Hilton properties you normally stay and also in which part of the world. For Asia and probably Europe, I think it is worth, for USA, I am not so sure.

There are a few threads about this subject where you can read many different opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.