Hilton Lake Como {ITA}

Old Apr 19, 18, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Reality check everyone: 80k Hilton points are not worth that much, and with a double points promo and a Hilton card can be earned with around $2k (Diamond) or $2.5k (GM) of Hilton spend.
Yes, in my calculation above, I forgot the 5 points per $/spent with the Hilton Amex card (I have to check if that number changed when they started the new cards) and the 500 points they gave when booking with it.
Old Apr 19, 18, 3:19 pm

is it true there is a $29 EUR fee to use the pool? clarification would be appreciated....
Old Apr 19, 18, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Wolfgang5150 View Post
is it true there is a $29 EUR fee to use the pool? clarification would be appreciated....
I read about it on the other travel website. Someone mentioned that it's 29EUR/person. The hotel website says: "fees may apply for use of pool and solarium".

I wonder if it's like some Hiltons where Golds and above don't have to pay (for the exercise place and indoor pools)? Or if you book the room with points, they remove the resort fee?
Old Apr 20, 18, 12:31 am

Programs: QR Plat, RA, Oman Air Gold, HH Diamond
earn and burn, all these programs points just get inflated away if you hold onto to them

I would book with points
Old Apr 20, 18, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by StuckinITH View Post
I read about it on the other travel website. Someone mentioned that it's 29EUR/person. The hotel website says: "fees may apply for use of pool and solarium".

I wonder if it's like some Hiltons where Golds and above don't have to pay (for the exercise place and indoor pools)? Or if you book the room with points, they remove the resort fee?
Wow, $467 for a room and you still have to pay 29 EUR per person for the pool...........
Old Apr 23, 18, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Wow, $467 for a room and you still have to pay 29 EUR per person for the pool...........
There's an outdoor rooftop pool and a separate indoor pool in the spa facilities.

The rooftop pool only opens this week or next. The indoor pool is only available as part of the spa package from what I can tell.

So the people who were being charged 29eur to use the pool were actually paying to use the spa facilities, as the outdoor pool wasn't open.
Old Apr 23, 18, 3:37 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
I'm at the hotel now. I just arrived. First impressions are very good. Both pools are currently closed - the rooftop one because it is still not swimming weather and the spa one for maintenance. I asked the receptionist if it was okay to swim in the Lake as there was no alternative at the hotel and I got a very professional smirk in response.
Old May 9, 18, 11:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
Can someone please reply how good the "lake view" rooms are and also any recent upgrade treatment for diamonds?
Old May 11, 18, 5:16 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Booked cheapest category „Guest King“ and received an upgrade to King Deluxe as a Diamond.
According to the website it is the same room but with additional bathrobe and slippers.
No lakeview . No early check-in. From the hard product one of the best Hilton Hotel , Service underwhelming...
Old May 11, 18, 8:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt View Post
Booked cheapest category „Guest King“ and received an upgrade to King Deluxe as a Diamond.
According to the website it is the same room but with additional bathrobe and slippers.
No lakeview . No early check-in. From the hard product one of the best Hilton Hotel , Service underwhelming...
in your opinion, would a lake view room have a complete view or just a sliver because it has to clear other portions of the building?
Old May 13, 18, 12:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Deleted..
Old May 13, 18, 12:33 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
in your opinion, would a lake view room have a complete view or just a sliver because it has to clear other portions of the building?
I have no clue, better ask the hotel.
Old May 13, 18, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt View Post
I have no clue, better ask the hotel.
and why would I trust the company line from a hotel that you state has "service underwhelming?"

Perhaps you need better awareness of your surroundings because someone who has physically viewed the property should be able to determine whether there is straight line of site from guest rooms to the lake or whether there are buildings in the way or if it is too low to see the lake.
Old May 13, 18, 11:55 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
and why would I trust the company line from a hotel that you state has "service underwhelming?"

Perhaps you need better awareness of your surroundings because someone who has physically viewed the property should be able to determine whether there is straight line of site from guest rooms to the lake or whether there are buildings in the way or if it is too low to see the lake.
I think that is rather harsh given no one is obliged to provide any info here.

I had an upgrade to what was described as a view room on the first of the two levels above the entrance in the low rise front building. I could see bits of the Lake but only small bits. It makes sense that the view would be better higher up but as I didn't enter anyone's room but my own I can't vouch for it. The view from the bar on the top level was excellent but even that was not "perfect" because the hotel is set back from the edge of the Lake behind a row of buildings on the other side of the road.

I would add that I found the service very good on my three night stay. The staff were enthusiastic and helpful.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 14, 18, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by turtlemichael View Post
I think that is rather harsh given no one is obliged to provide any info here.
Seriously. Unfortunate how the anonymity of the internet allows such rude and anti-social behavior.

Besides which, it's pretty obvious from the hotel's location, the video upthread, and the pics on the property's website that any view of the lake will be over layers of buildings.
Grog, turtlemichael and TGLoyalty like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: