Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Get past Diamond desk ZIP code request

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get past Diamond desk ZIP code request

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:38 am

I have a UK-based account so I ran into this issue a couple of years ago. To get past this, I just added a random ZIP code into my Hilton profile (well, I say random - I do actually have an address at that US location- but I didn't want to update my full address). My profile lists my UK address but just with a random US ZIP code at the end. I've never had a problem since. The ZIP code is not verified when entering it into my profile. At hotels, invoices print with my UK address but with the US zip code at the bottom - this shouldn't cause any issues with expenses as it is only the UK postal code that is missing.

P.S. The country is still listed as UK for my 'home address' on my profile. I just checked and confirm it - I also this because I've had some problems recently trying to get some US AMEX points offers to post to my Hilton account. I pay with my US card, and they refuse to honour the points even though I paid with a US AMEX. I'm down 12,500 points and the responses I have had are coming across as insulting after 9 or so emails trying to resolve the problem.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Aug 9, 2017 at 11:44 am
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:40 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I have a UK-based account so I ran into this issue a couple of years ago. To get past this, I just added a random ZIP code into my Hilton profile (well, I say random - I do actually have an address at that US location- but I didn't want to update my full address). My profile lists my UK address but just with a random US ZIP code at the end
Thanks for this.

I've tried entering 00000 etc. when calling the diamond desk number in the past, and I always got connected straight away, and my problems were fixed quickly. So I never realised that I actually failed validation and got shifted to the regular line.... however last week an agent said he would need to speak to the DD (implying that he was not working the DD)

Anyway I moved my UK postcode to the city/town field and entered 5 random numbers in the postcode field. Then I immediately called the DD number and this time typing those 5 numbers resulted in a different message indicating successful connection to the DD. I have no relationship with the US at all, but as you say, hotel receipts will still show the proper postcode but just with 5 extra numbers tagged on
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There's a new menu with HHonors (new voice) for Diamond Desk calls, unfortunately, the menu does not seem to accept the "fake" ZIP codes. This was a resolution to the old problem.

Given that my "fake ZIP" is entered in the postal code box in order to get past this, we can assume that won't work either because who's to say if countries also use five digit postal codes, like Germany or France for example.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There's a new menu and it now offers to reset your password after entering the ZIP but for now this matter is *FIXED*.

I'm not going to put a postal code in to try that, but fake ZIP is working fine-again.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I don't call in very often so this change could have happened a while ago. I noticed that it only asks for HH# and no longer any zip code. There seems to be just two options, 1 reservations and 2 agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.