Search

Booking a standard room for 4

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, base with everyone else
Booking a standard room for 4

Hi all,

We are a family of 4. We have 2 small children (3 and 5). When I try to book a standard room, it's always giving me a presidential suite. I tried booking it as 2 adults and 2 children. If I booked it as 2 adults and 1 child, the standard room is available.
Is Hilton really strict about this? Can I just book it as 2 adults and 1 child and just show up with 2 at the hotel? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
It depends on where you are trying to book. It should be fine almost anywhere in the US, and, in my experience, with kids that young, many place in Europe are OK with it also. But some places are stricter than others. Where are you trying to book?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, base with everyone else
Sorry - I should've been more specific on my original post. I am trying to book Conrad Tokyo. I know one of the Hiltons there did have a post on its website that children under 6 are okay. But the HHONORS website would still not pull any standard room if I have more than one child.

I just want to set my expectation correctly. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I run into this issue quite a bit- what I do in this case is first check with the hotel via email whether they'll allow all four of us in a room (sometimes they have a strict occupany requirement irrespective of the kids' ages). If they say it is ok, I book a standard room for 2 adults off the website, and then email the hotel to ask them to update the booking to include my 2 children. I've done this a number of times for properties in various countries and it has always worked out...

FYIW, I did ask the Conrad Tokyo about this a few years ago, and they told me they were fine with having 2 adults and 2 kids in the room. So you can probably just go ahead send them an email asking them to add the second child to the booking.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Several people over the last couple of years have asked a similar question in the Conrad Tokyo thread. You could search that thread for "kids" or "children" for the specific posts and replies. I would book a cancellable room for the 2 + 1 and then contact the hotel and explain the age of the kids. The hotel usually has no problem with providing a rollaway for a fee (it used to be $50) and so they may be accommodating. The hotel does tend to run out of extra beds so you should contact them ahead of time.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...yo-jpn-39.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.