Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

St. Louis Union Station DoubleTree - Gorgeous property but no cookies!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

1820 Market Street St Louis, MO US 63103

Gorgeous property but no cookies! (0 Photo)

St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Stayed October '15 for a conference & first time I've ever checked into a DT & not been offered one of their cookies. Don't recall if I saw them in the Concierge lounge, either, come to think of it. Granted, I can't have them because of the nuts, but still-I thought that was their thing. Regardless, largest DT I've ever been in-11 acres, according to our meeting planner. The hotel internet @ all Hilton properties has bugged me for a long time-I don't know why, if Marriott can easily manage it, the Hilton brands can't figure out a way to let me 'buy' the internet once for my entire stay vs. every 24 hrs. This DT took the annoyance factor to a whole new level requiring me to 'buy' it, for every device, every time I tried to use the internet. This got very very old by the time I left & it doesn't matter that it's free for all guests; it's still annoying. While there is a Concierge lounge, be advised, it is a very small one & gets crowded, especially during breakfast & when there are large groups in house, as was the case during my stay last week. Having said that, w/the exception of no Pepsi (it being a Hilton property, however, the Anheuser-Busch people had tubs of Pepsi during their lunches!), they put out a robust display. I especially liked the fruited yogurt in the morning which I believe they made themselves. The set up of the hotel is interesting in that many of the guest rooms face onto interior atriums-the first night I was there, the noise was clearly audible unless the fan for the AC was turned on. Speaking of which, be warned there is a motion sensor somewhere that turns the AC off during the night, ensuring the guest who is paying for the room for the purpose of sleeping in it, will wake up hot-thanks for that hotel management...do you have a motion sensor in your bedroom @ home? If not, why inflict it on your paying guests?? On the plus side, there is a fridge in the room and a small general store in the Midway for drinks, like Pepsi, and snacks. Breakfast & lunches all 3 days were at the meeting & the catering staff did a great job. Did room service 2 nights & that was also fine. The physical property is gorgeous-the pictures on the hotel's website don't do it justice. That clearly was the Golden Age of Travel!

Gorgeous property but no cookies!

Would you like to write a review on the St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.