Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Gran Hotel Montesol Ibiza, Curio Collection by Hilton {ESP} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold

Hilton Worldwide has reached a franchise agreement with Grupo Avintia to bring Curio - A Collection by Hilton to Ibiza's historic town centre. The 33-guestroom Gran Hotel Montesol Ibiza will welcome guests all-year-round and is set to open this summer, marking Hilton's debut on The White Isle.

http://news.curiocollection.com/inde...s-oldest-hotel

Here is the shocker: This will be a category 10 hotel
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I've made a booking with points for 3 nights in September this year. Looking forward to it!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
Hi, I'll spend 4 nights at this hotel at the end of this month. Booked a king superior room with city view...(hoping for an upgrade as hilton gold in low season). Any suggestion on which room I can pick/ask for?

PS: any feedback/info/news on this hotel?

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by TravelerIT
Hi, I'll spend 4 nights at this hotel at the end of this month. Booked a king superior room with city view...(hoping for an upgrade as hilton gold in low season). Any suggestion on which room I can pick/ask for?

PS: any feedback/info/news on this hotel?

Thanks!
We stayed in September last year and loved it. Our room was facing the main square but we couldn’t here anything as the noise insulation was brilliant.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

95k now however prices are rarely exceeding $475, lets say $380 based on 76k for 5 for 4 nights.

Seems like a place you wouldn't want to end up in some legacy room so I'd appreciate some recent experiences. Whats breakfast like? The amenities in the property? Its TripAdvisor isn't really that great for such an expensive hotel in Spain.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:04 am
Suspended

The property only has 33 rooms???
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
The property only has 33 rooms???

Yes, 11 for each floor.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
We stayed for 5 nights last July on points, so peak season for the island. It is a good hotel in the town, so great if thats what you are looking for - but no resort type amenities (e.g. pool).

We were upgraded two room categories to a really nice deluxe room on the top floor with two sets of double doors looking out on the old town. Not sure if we would have enjoyed it as much if we had received the standard redemption room with no real windows.

Breakfast is excellent on the pavement terrace, and served to 1pm which is good when on Spanish time.

Staff very friendly and helpful, and ordering taxis to get anywhere outside of town is easy (but not cheap, like everything on Ibiza). They will provide fresh beach towels each day.

The rooftop bar looked nice, but we did not actually try it as seemed to lack atmosphere compared to so many bars nearby.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
95k now however prices are rarely exceeding $475, lets say $380 based on 76k for 5 for 4 nights.

Seems like a place you wouldn't want to end up in some legacy room so I'd appreciate some recent experiences. Whats breakfast like? The amenities in the property? Its TripAdvisor isn't really that great for such an expensive hotel in Spain.
I don’t think this property has any legacy rooms.

We loved it when we stayed in September last year. The room was beautiful decorated, we had a view of the old town, the staff were super.

Away from the crazy part of Ibiza, this is a perfect hotel for couples and anyone who wants a more relaxed, sophisticated holiday.

Breakfast is in the restaurant downstairs, that had many tables outside in the square. A-la-cart. As Hilton Gold we had a daily credit but I can’t remember how much.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ao40
The rooftop bar looked nice, but we did not actually try it as seemed to lack atmosphere compared to so many bars nearby.
We tried it and I definitely recommend it. Just the views are worth it.

The hotel

View from the rooftop

View from the rooftop

View from the room
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelerIT
Yes, 11 for each floor.
Wow - I guess the franchise fees are still affordable to only have 33 rooms. I just assumed it costs millions to have a hotel under a named brand.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:51 pm

Just checked: rates in mid august for the classic room (base room) are 617usd/night (tax/fee included). 5 night 3085 usd. At that price, points can make sense. The problem is that classic rooms doesn't have real windows.

I went in late april, paid cash for the classic room and upgraded as gold to King Premier. Hotel was only half full. Good breakfast (food). Happy with my stay...but restaurant service was not adeguate! I'll stay here again but only in shoulder season! Not in july-august!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Wow - I guess the franchise fees are still affordable to only have 33 rooms. I just assumed it costs millions to have a hotel under a named brand.
They must have done something within the Curio label to make it happen. The Anselmo Buenos Aires, right in the middle of the city, has only 50 rooms (and is rather cheaper than Ibiza). It seems just a route into lightweight branding, DoubleTree without the biscuit if you will. The Anselmo is well managed.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And... gone

Goodbye Curio Ibiza
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:17 am

Goodbye Curio Ibiza
Please link source.
Sisosig likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.