Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Augustine Historic District {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Augustine Historic District {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Augustine Historic District {US-FL}

I cannot find anything on this property either as a standalone thread and/or in the near JAX/Orlando threads so wanted to start one. Feel free to merge if search is just having issues.

Two night stay here this weekend. While it's about 1/2 mile north of the Old City (the Bayfront Hilton is right in it), it's still an easy walk which is great because parking in the city is a nightmare. Hotel offers free parking and unless you're mobility challenged, just plan to walk/trolley everywhere. It's much easier on the sanity. Property is also immediately walkable to the Fountain of Youth, Old Jail, St. Augustine History Museum and the La Leche/Nombre de Dios mission.

Looks new and very well maintained. Did not use gym or pool but both looked very inviting. Love the lobby shop for last minute/late night needs and since one thing St. Augustine seems to lack is a convenience / drug store, quick access to drinks was especially nice for Florida heat. Oak Room breakfast was a nice buffet, fairly standard. Omelets on Sunday morning, waffles throughout and fruit refreshed regularly. Their coffee isn't very good, but there's a walkable Dunkin.

ROOM: 5th floor room that I pre checked into. It took a lot of gardening to get the two queens room to be bookable in advance, but I got what we needed. Hotel required a (refundable) deposit that was slightly more than one night's rate but that didn't faze me. Property was completely sold out on Saturday night but wasn't loud and common areas didn't feel too crowded.

SERVICE: wonderful, especially Frances at the front desk who was able to detangle an issue related to the free breakfast in the Oak Room not actually being free. Everyone we dealt with was wonderful and two calls to housekeeping for extra pillows and cups were handled promptly. Nice / standard GOLD welcome bag of bottled waters, pretzels and two cookies.

I'd definitely stay here again if I returned to St. Augustine. Several hundred dollars cheaper than the Bayfront Hilton and much closer than the Hampton Inn on 1 or the St. Augustine Beach properties so nice to park and forget the car.
Old May 24, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors DM, Hertz PC
One of the nicest DoubleTree's I have ever stayed in. Priced well too.
Old May 28, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Any 'somewhat' recent stays here? The Hilton is much closer to the action, but how is the location? Breakfast benefits (probably changed post-covid)?
Old May 29, 2020, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
2019 is recent?

Originally Posted by dmarge18
Any 'somewhat' recent stays here? The Hilton is much closer to the action, but how is the location? Breakfast benefits (probably changed post-covid)?
I went back last year for many of the same reasons as my first stay. Price was significantly better than the HIlton in the Old City, and you're not even a ten minute walk from the north end. We took one cab ride due to rain, but what you make up in savings is well worth spending in other areas in this city. Breakfast is fine-standard, but like you said has probably changed significantly given current eents. Gym was good, still didn't use the pool.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
One afternoon I headed back from the fort to the DT by walking through the residential neighborhood a few just blocks East of the main drag and North of Ripley's. Really peaceful area with older homes. Plenty of nice restaurants that are walkable from the hotel.

Had the hot tub and pool mostly to myself. No kids hollerin' Marco Polo.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks. Definitely has some better prices and while it may not have the 'charm' of the old Hilton, it's nice to know it's not too far and is nice in its own right.
Old May 19, 2021, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We had a stay here in late February 2021. Weeknights, so not very busy. Better price than a Hampton. Was given free full breakfast as a diamond. I loved the location, across the street and a little north from the fort. 10 minute walk from the old city. Good sidewalks in between although drivers not at all considerate. Watch yourself crossing streets.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 4:11 am

Even though we were told it was sold out, didn't seem busy other than the parking lot (which was packed)

Price is reasonable, Staff is great, glad we stayed here

Walkable (south) to Historic district (if you do not have an issue with walking Avenue blocks in NYC – the distance is trivial). Also walkable (north) to old jail museum, Fountain-Youth Park (the original settlement) and across the street from the Mission Shrine - Nombre de Dios.

Still has free breakfast for Diamond - Continental breakfast buffet is $15/person (full buffet is $18) so matches exactly with the $15/night/person (up to two people) food credit.

Top floor has larger windows but no shower only (no tub)
LSEGallipot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.