Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}

Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
OT, but I would say the Bandung Hilton is decent enough too.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by demue
OT, but I would say the Bandung Hilton is decent enough too.
Yes, the Doubletree Jakarta and Bandung Hilton are nice properties. I wish the Bali properties were as nice. The DPS HGI has gotten a bit better, but most people don’t want to spend their whole vacation near the airport.
DCAhome likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
So we stayed here for a few nights earlier this week;

We paid US$110 per night inclusive of taxes for a renovated ocean view room in the Cliff Tower. Was upgraded to an "executive" ocean view room which is nothing different other than executive lounge access - however this not really a benefit for us as Diamonds already get access to that.

Did not enquire about about any further upgrades because nothing above the executive ocean view rooms showed available.

Enjoyed the peace and quiet of the executive lounge pool - rather than the main hotel pool. Also had access to refreshments from 11-7 pm daily. Afternoon and Happy Hours from 3-5, 5-7 respectively was pretty weak.

The buffet breakfast has wide variety and continues all the way to 11:00am.

The balinese restaurant and The Shore by the beach were both good quality and decently priced.

At $110 , I really cant complain however with Bali - there are literally tonnes of resorts to choose from so if the price is right, I'd be back - otherwise you really can't go wrong with any of those 5* behemoth resorts dotted all over Bali.
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I don't know where to start. After staying in the intercontinental Bali Resort in Jimbaran for 3 days, this hotel felt like a joke.

We had booked a basic room for 1 night, followed by 3 nights in the pool villa. We got pre-upgraded to a king executive lagoon access.

Upon arrival, one hour before check-in, we were told the room was not ready, which I understand. But when she noticed we were staying in a pool villa after the first night, our room was suddenly ready. I asked them if they can give us a late check out so we don't have a moment without room. Unfortunately they could only give us until 13:30 and check in for the villa was 15:00. Now I am sitting here, still waiting for the villa, it is 15:45 now. The property has disappointed me so far. InterContinental was so welcoming I feel bad for people who come to stay here in the standard rooms. Let us hope the villa will make up everything.

The first night was a bit lame too:
- executive lounge canapes are a joke
- executive lounge basicly no staff to clean up
- our executive room is in front of the kids club so screaming kids waking us up
- air conditioning shuts off when doors open, but even when it is closed, you need to look for the correct position
- stairs to public pool dirty
- no desk... But it is an executive room?
- no turn down service
- tape on door of the bathroom?
- wifi is bad
- lifts Doors closes all the time even when People are still getting in the lift
- 2 Whirlpools, one is not even working

I will soon post how everything with the villa turns out. ☺️

Last edited by unusualtravelblog; Apr 13, 2019 at 1:54 am
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog

- executive lounge canapes are a joke
- executive lounge basicly no staff to clean up
- our executive room is in front of the kids club so screaming kids waking us up
- air conditioning shuts off when doors open, but even when it is closed, you need to look for the correct position
- stairs to public pool dirty
- no desk... But it is an executive room?
- no turn down service
- tape on door of the bathroom?
- wifi is bad
- lifts Doors closes all the time even when People are still getting in the lift
- 2 Whirlpools, one is not even working

I will soon post how everything with the villa turns out. ☺️

just to respond,

- executive lounge canapes are a joke -agreed
- executive lounge basicly no staff to clean up -agreed
- our executive room is in front of the kids club so screaming kids waking us up -n/a for us
- air conditioning shuts off when doors open, but even when it is closed, you need to look for the correct position -for us, we had to close to doors to avoid the monkeys coming in
- stairs to public pool dirty -did not notice since we spent most of our time by the exec. lounge pool / cabanas
- no desk... But it is an executive room? -yeah you are right but surprisingly i did not notice either lol - guess I was at the exec lounge pool too often
- no turn down service -yes we received turn down service nightly
- tape on door of the bathroom? -n/a for us
- wifi is bad -n/a never had an issue except in the gym
- lifts Doors closes all the time even when People are still getting in the lift -agreed, these lifts should have been renovated
- 2 Whirlpools, one is not even working -yes, noticed that as well.

hope the stay turns out better from now though
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I don't know where to start. After staying in the intercontinental Bali Resort in Jimbaran for 3 days, this hotel felt like a joke.

Upon arrival, one hour before check-in, we were told the room was not ready, which I understand. But when she noticed we were staying in a pool villa after the first night, our room was suddenly ready. I asked them if they can give us a late check out so we don't have a moment without room.
What is this fixation Hiltons have with check-in/out times?

You'd think they'd work with the brands most frequent guests to make their travelling lives just that little easier.

I know it's unfair to compare Hiltons with Intercontinentals, but if IC's can give Ambassadors 4pm as a matter of course you'd think Hilton managers might be persuaded to make an effort, and show a bit more love to guests.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
To report back about our current stay:
Staying at the villa's is like staying in a different hotel... amazing room. The people who work in The Villa Lounge are very attentive.
Apparently, something had to be fixed before we could enter the villa, so we had to wait one hour after check-in time.
I asked about a late check-out and they gave us a late check-out until 4 PM. Happy with this outcome, as our flight is at 8 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Staying at the villa's is like staying in a different hotel... amazing room.
The villas are delightful (we received a tour), but apart from the lounge, it's still the same rather limited hotel.

I'm pleased you had a lovely time. But given the price of the villas, I'd have to weigh up a five-star room in a four-star hotel against a stay in a fully five-star property.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hhonor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Avoid this hotel

Avoid this hotel, spoke with the management and said their suite is not in upgrade pool (for hilton honors diamond) and said upgrade depending on the property and they don't have to follow the hilton upgrade policy.
I'm asking them for written email about this and see if they are sending it out...
Old May 17, 2019, 9:08 pm

Just like Conrad, the hotel is undergoing renovation so its understandable that their suites stock are very limited. There are incredibly high number of diamonds, thanks to Hilton overly generous matching and credit card offers so most hotels would only start giving really good upgrades for regulars. Im here now, only visited this property for the 2nd time so was upgraded from basic to king exec ocean view which is pleasant enough. I thought the decor in the newly renovated room looked nice. Breakfast options are on par if not slightly better than Conrad (my regular).

Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
any recent stays at this hotel after the renovation as diamond?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:03 am

No suite upgrade as Diamond (confirm)

Just finished my two night stay here as Diamond. Enquired twice about suite upgrade despite them being availble. Was told that suite upgrades are not part of their upgrade portfolios.

They consider an exec room as a maximum upgrade, which means you will have additional lounge access. (Which dosent make sense for Diamonds cuz lounge access are suppose to be a given).
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by aussielori
any recent stays at this hotel after the renovation as diamond?
I am going here to sunday but still thinkung avout the another night if choose conrad or HGI on arrival or ther hotels. Advice needed thx
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
Advice needed thx
Advice: enable spell check.

SCNR
MrSnoot78 and FFlash like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FFlash
I am going here to sunday but still thinkung avout the another night if choose conrad or HGI on arrival or ther hotels. Advice needed thx
The Hilton Bali provided one of my most disappointing stays at a Hilton group hotel. OK, better than a number of US properties, but ..

On the other hand I'm quite delighted with the HGI, which of course offers a more modest approach but carries it off well at very good rates.

They also offer airport free airport pick-ups at 30 minute intervals, so yes it's a good spot to start or end aBali trip.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.