Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm thinking about booking here for april as a diamond, because I think I can use the aspire resort credit here. I was looking at the conrad but they want like twice as much so I can't imagine the conrad is twice as good correct?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Red259
I'm thinking about booking here for april as a diamond, because I think I can use the aspire resort credit here. I was looking at the conrad but they want like twice as much so I can't imagine the conrad is twice as good correct?
There is a 35% members sale on Hilton resorts in Asia Pacific. Make sure the property has these sale rates loaded before booking.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

There is a 35% members sale on Hilton resorts in Asia Pacific. Make sure the property has these sale rates loaded before booking.
Are these sale prices supposed to populate automatically or do I need to go through a specific portal for them to load up? I think when I was looking at the pricing I was not logged into my account so maybe those did not show up. Thank you for the heads-up.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are these sale prices supposed to populate automatically or do I need to go through a specific portal for them to load up? I think when I was looking at the pricing I was not logged into my account so maybe those did not show up. Thank you for the heads-up.
I think you need to be logged in to get the members discount.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
We were there last month and used the Aspire resort credit. Wonderful property. We had a Villa, and the service was beyond good.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:07 am
Suspended

We stayed last year and it was horrible. The construction was real bad. Banging, drilling, more banging and more drilling. The rooms were also really old and dated. I would not go back to this property at all.

If the construction has finished might be OK....I would read recent Trip Adviser reports to see. I regret not doing this before we went.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
We stayed last year and it was horrible. The construction was real bad. Banging, drilling, more banging and more drilling. The rooms were also really old and dated. I would not go back to this property at all.

If the construction has finished might be OK....I would read recent Trip Adviser reports to see. I regret not doing this before we went.
Hmm sounds like I made the right move booking over at the Conrad then.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I live and work in Jakarta, so travel to Bali often. This is one place, even though I'm a Diamond member, I would choose not to stay at a hilton property. The Conrad's beach is horrible (and now construction), and the Hilton old, rundown, construction, and over run with groups. The beach is nice though. However, the Doulbetree is an EXCELLENT airport hotel for quick overnight stays.

I would recommend staying in a private villa. There are many on offer in Bali. Are they beachfront, no. BUT you have the entire villa to yourself, they are usually very nice, most come with maid/cook, AND some even have use of car and driver. Something to think about.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I live and work in Jakarta, so travel to Bali often. This is one place, even though I'm a Diamond member, I would choose not to stay at a hilton property. The Conrad's beach is horrible (and now construction), and the Hilton old, rundown, construction, and over run with groups. The beach is nice though. However, the Doulbetree is an EXCELLENT airport hotel for quick overnight stays.

I would recommend staying in a private villa. There are many on offer in Bali. Are they beachfront, no. BUT you have the entire villa to yourself, they are usually very nice, most come with maid/cook, AND some even have use of car and driver. Something to think about.
Thank you for the feedback. My credit card will give me a $250 resort credit that can go to the cost of the room + a $100 credit for conrad stays of at least two days. I do not have any other travel plans to places where I can use this resort credit this year so that is the only reason I am staying at the conrad. I don't spend much time on the beach anyway so I was aware of that about the conrad and factored it in.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
There is no Doubletree in Bali, not at the airport or otherwise. There is a Hilton Garden Inn.

There is an excellent Doubletree in Jakarta by the Cikini train station.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
No more lounge breakfast

Unimpressed by the property and the way it's run.

Arrived at 1pm had to wait until 3:30 for a room.

Really no idea what defines an executive room, but seems odd to get one without any form of work desk

Executive lounge is under-staffed and plain awful:
Concrete walls and pillars with a shiny tiled floor. Looks like something you might find in a third-rate Acapulco resort.
Odd touch is a pool, which is great if you like folk with towels round them padding about the place
Cheap and nasty made-in-Bali-from-Australian-grapes wine
Very limited, amateur-looking canapes
Cold cuts piled on a single plate with pickled herring

Then the news that breakfast is no longer served in the lounge, which now opens at 11am rather than 6am. So we have to join the zoo in the main restaurant for breakfast. Advised to go there very early or very late. As usual, the (clearly) cost-saving move is touted as a benefit to executive-floor guests.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Unimpressed by the property and the way it's run.

Arrived at 1pm had to wait until 3:30 for a room.

Really no idea what defines an executive room, but seems odd to get one without any form of work desk

Executive lounge is under-staffed and plain awful:
Concrete walls and pillars with a shiny tiled floor. Looks like something you might find in a third-rate Acapulco resort.
Odd touch is a pool, which is great if you like folk with towels round them padding about the place
Cheap and nasty made-in-Bali-from-Australian-grapes wine
Very limited, amateur-looking canapes
Cold cuts piled on a single plate with pickled herring

Then the news that breakfast is no longer served in the lounge, which now opens at 11am rather than 6am. So we have to join the zoo in the main restaurant for breakfast. Advised to go there very early or very late. As usual, the (clearly) cost-saving move is touted as a benefit to executive-floor guests.
Gah between this post and a recent review of the Conrad I am wondering if I should just skip the Hiltons when staying in Bali. Wanted to use the Aspire resort credit but maybe I can find a different property to use them at.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
I also had unimpressive stay here last month. Maybe it was the time of the year, but the place was overrun with tour groups with questionable standards of behavior. Staff couldn’t cope and they also didn’t exude the same Balinese warmth and friendliness that I’ve come to expect from many visits to the island. I thought the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport had better service and a much friendlier staff.

The renovated Cliff Executive room we were assigned to looked good at first glance but the materials used were cheap and there were already issues with what was essentially a brand new room. Executive Lounge was also awful and difficult to find. Breakfast had an extensive selection but was a zoo every morning and the restaurant was severely understaffed.

There was also a late night false fire alarm that woke everyone up. The hotel basically just abandoned their guests and provided no information whatsoever about the alarm. Nothing was mentioned the following morning, let alone an apology. When I mentioned this to the Duty Manager at check-out, she just shrugged and couldn’t care less.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Gah between this post and a recent review of the Conrad I am wondering if I should just skip the Hiltons when staying in Bali. Wanted to use the Aspire resort credit but maybe I can find a different property to use them at.
The Villas are a substantial improvement. Here's some photos from our stay in January of this year. Hopefully these will give you an idea of what to expect.

Villa Lounge -- Made to order breakfast. We were typically the only ones there.

Complimentary tea service at the Villa Lounge

Villa Happy Hour -- Same bad wine as the Executive Lounge, however.

Executive Lounge happy hour canapés.

Executive Lounge drink set-up (with the afore-mentioned low-quality Bali wines).
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by DCAhome
The Villas are a substantial improvement. Here's some photos from our stay in January of this year. Hopefully these will give you an idea of what to expect.
I don't doubt it. in fact they showed me round the villa set-up, and i appreciate it is a very substantial improvement over the other types of accommodation.

But for me the trouble is I'd be paying a very substantial premium for 5-star accommodation in what is essentially a lower 4-star hotel, over-run by tour groups. If I'm in the mood for 5-star i'd prefer to be in a 5-star establishment.

There are far better Bali hotels for just a little more than the Hilton price. The Intercontinental in Jimbaran, for example, and for all its faults, offers a much, much better base product, with a club lounge on a different planet to that occupied by the Hilton's executive lounge or even its villa lounge.

All in all, the Hilton group is not well represented in indonesia. Its best property is the Doubletree in Jakarta.

I appreciate there are good reasons to stick with the brand. But sometimes brand loyalty brings a significant cost in terms of amenity and comfort.
Jaimito Cartero and DCAhome like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.