Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Edinburgh Carlton {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Edinburgh Carlton {GBR}

Looking forward to this hotel joining Hilton. The location on North Bridge is much better for me than the other Hilton properties in Edinburgh.

It will also be the only Hilton in Edinburgh to have an Executive Lounge. Cat 6 same as the DT and Grosvenor.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:24 pm

Yep...they are offering full breakfast for golds and diamonds and there will be 4 junior suites

Originally Posted by Lan44
Looking forward to this hotel joining Hilton. The location on North Bridge is much better for me than the other Hilton properties in Edinburgh.

It will also be the only Hilton in Edinburgh to have an Executive Lounge. Cat 6 same as the DT and Grosvenor.
Old May 14, 2016, 4:05 pm
cjd

Strange that you can't book for dates on the Hilton website for this hotel after it's transfer over to Hilton, but can book on the existing hotel website for future dates after the transfer.
Old May 15, 2016, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cjd
Strange that you can't book for dates on the Hilton website for this hotel after it's transfer over to Hilton, but can book on the existing hotel website for future dates after the transfer.
It is being refurbished so I guess they don't want to commit fully in case there are any delays. They won't be short of bookings in August either way with the festival on.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Just noticed they are now taking reservations from 1st Sept.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
What sort of ££?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
What sort of ££?
Standard lead in seems to be about £110 for the nights I had a look at.

40k in points or £45 & 16k P&C by the look of it.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:21 am

Looks like they are up and running early.

Rooms available from tomorrow night.

Anyone got plans to visit yet?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Yes got the 17th Sept booked. One night 50k points. Thought we'd give it a try instead of our usual haunt at The Caledonian.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Booked in on a Monday night in November, my Corp rate was below £100!

Will be interested to hear reports, particularly around upgrade success and what the exec lounge is like.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adobbing
Will be interested to hear reports, particularly around upgrade success and what the exec lounge is like.
Me too. Got 2 stays booked but not till early next year.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Just booked a night for next month as well.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 5:20 am

First Day Of Hilton Edinburgh Carlton!

So here I am with the privilege of being the first one to sample the new Executive lounge at Hilton Carlton. I must say I am very impressed with the final finishing touches and the quality of the design. Moreover all staff is focused, energised, and friendly.

This is by far the best encounter I have had with Hilton staff members and one that should not go without being noted. All staff is courteous, friendly, genuinely happy and enthusiastic. During check-in I received a sense of being immediately noticed and the staff member focused on me throughout the interaction, relating to me in a positive and friendly manner.
Moreover all staff I have encountered have engaged in an energised and positive manner and made me feel completely relaxed.

Overall I can see this hotel outshine many others as their approach was one of engaging with me in a warm, genuine, and caring manner and the whole process has so far been enjoyable and positively memorable.

I really like the lounge as it has a very welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere. A mention must go out to Natasha who is very approachable - greeting me warmly, putting my needs ahead of any routine tasks and listening to all my questions!

Natasha has taken time build a rapport in a friendly and conversational style. Let’s not forget Frances with her energy, enthusiasm, and down to earth approach.

So far the whole experience of the service and location itself has made me feel like a very valued customer. I will report on the executive lounge later!

Get booking guys and if you have any questions I am sure the Director of Sales, Frances Hope, will be more than happy to help. [email protected]
Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marko4ever29
So here I am with the privilege of being the first one to sample the new Executive lounge at Hilton Carlton. I must say I am very impressed with the final finishing touches and the quality of the design. Moreover all staff is focused, energised, and friendly.

This is by far the best encounter I have had with Hilton staff members and one that should not go without being noted. All staff is courteous, friendly, genuinely happy and enthusiastic. During check-in I received a sense of being immediately noticed and the staff member focused on me throughout the interaction, relating to me in a positive and friendly manner.
Moreover all staff I have encountered have engaged in an energised and positive manner and made me feel completely relaxed.

Overall I can see this hotel outshine many others as their approach was one of engaging with me in a warm, genuine, and caring manner and the whole process has so far been enjoyable and positively memorable.

I really like the lounge as it has a very welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere. A mention must go out to Natasha who is very approachable - greeting me warmly, putting my needs ahead of any routine tasks and listening to all my questions!

Natasha has taken time build a rapport in a friendly and conversational style. Let’s not forget Frances with her energy, enthusiasm, and down to earth approach.

So far the whole experience of the service and location itself has made me feel like a very valued customer. I will report on the executive lounge later!

Get booking guys and if you have any questions I am sure the Director of Sales, Frances Hope, will be more than happy to help. [email protected]
While the staff sound good, it is a new hotel, even a new McDonalds has excited staff...

Tell us about the lounge, the standard of accommodation.

Btw your post sounds like an ad especially with Hope's email...?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:58 am

Spirits in the lounge and chicken bits with wedges?

Originally Posted by marko4ever29

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.