Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Nashville, Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Nashville, Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'd always take the HGI over the Hampton Inn, simply for the much better breakfast (assuming you're Gold or Diamond).
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'd always take the HGI over the Hampton Inn, simply for the much better breakfast (assuming you're Gold or Diamond).
^ Yes, thanks to the AMEX Surpass card.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I am from the Nashville area, but I occasionally stay overnight when attending hockey games.

If you get really lucky and have no downtown events driving up traffic and costs, the Hilton is great, particularly for hockey. But, you said BNA.

I like the HGI. The rates are often pretty good, and it is an HGI with no surprises. They have a park and fly program for guests that sometimes leads to a tight parking lot.

A good fall back is the DoubleTree BNA. All of the normal DoubleTree warnings apply, but this one is better than many DoubleTrees. It is often very cheap. I have found this hotel to be $40 under the Hampton BNA. A warning, this place is hidden, particularly at night. Public areas are a bit run down but the rooms are good. It is off Elm Hill, close to Briley and in a woods. I know where it is and have trouble finding it.

Finally, the Hampton. What do you expect in a Hampton? Yep, that's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

If you are considering out a bit, I can tell you about Franklin/Cool Springs.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I am from the Nashville area, but I occasionally stay overnight when attending hockey games.

If you get really lucky and have no downtown events driving up traffic and costs, the Hilton is great, particularly for hockey. But, you said BNA.

I like the HGI. The rates are often pretty good, and it is an HGI with no surprises. They have a park and fly program for guests that sometimes leads to a tight parking lot.

A good fall back is the DoubleTree BNA. All of the normal DoubleTree warnings apply, but this one is better than many DoubleTrees. It is often very cheap. I have found this hotel to be $40 under the Hampton BNA. A warning, this place is hidden, particularly at night. Public areas are a bit run down but the rooms are good. It is off Elm Hill, close to Briley and in a woods. I know where it is and have trouble finding it.

Finally, the Hampton. What do you expect in a Hampton? Yep, that's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

If you are considering out a bit, I can tell you about Franklin/Cool Springs.
Thanks for the lengthy explanation. I just remembered my DW has a free cert for a Marriott night, 1-5 cat., so what do you think about the Marriott R.I. at BNA? Similar perks to HGI?

The main reason I said near BNA is because we won't have a car. The downtown Hilton might work [no way, it's 70K pts] if the Uber fare isn't too much. I'm guessing it's 5-6 miles to BNA so Uber fare would be reasonable.

Last edited by philemer; Sep 5, 2017 at 3:40 pm Reason: add 70K pts
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I lived at the Embassy Suites Nashville Airport for almost a year. While not the nicest, the staff was great. Most are gone as of the last time I went, but it was my home away from home.

Except for a nasty wasp situation one week, I couldn't have been happier. I have a ton of great memories there. But the remodel killed some of the charm.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by james318
I lived at the Embassy Suites Nashville Airport for almost a year. While not the nicest, the staff was great. Most are gone as of the last time I went, but it was my home away from home.

Except for a nasty wasp situation one week, I couldn't have been happier. I have a ton of great memories there. But the remodel killed some of the charm.
Stayed at that property as well...got the most bizarre Diamond welcome letter from the GM...can't remember all of it, but there was something about him really wanting to be a forest ranger but this job was Plan B. And there were kids books displayed on his desk on his off-days, which was in one of the old visible lobby locations. Odd.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
Thanks for the lengthy explanation. I just remembered my DW has a free cert for a Marriott night, 1-5 cat., so what do you think about the Marriott R.I. at BNA? Similar perks to HGI?

The main reason I said near BNA is because we won't have a car. The downtown Hilton might work [no way, it's 70K pts] if the Uber fare isn't too much. I'm guessing it's 5-6 miles to BNA so Uber fare would be reasonable.
I stayed there once, October 1995. My guess is that a lot has changed but it was good then.

I do not use cabs in Nashville. For driving times downtown-BNA figure about 20 minutes point to point plus delays. Rush hour traffic in Nashville can get particularly nasty on the interstates but it is often worse off the interstates. It would not hurt to estimate an hour delay (shouldn't be that much but might be) for peak times.

If you do not mind Uber, there are hotels in the Opry Mills area that is pretty close to the airport and away from major routes. There is a Hampton, the fabulous Gaylord (everyone should stay there once), and some low budget stuff.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
The ES worked quite well for a weekend trip with some friends, and splitting a 2-bedroom suite 3 ways helped drive down the cost. I will say they probably had the busiest manager's receptions and breakfasts of any ES I have ever stayed at... partially driven by a large family reunion that had taken up residence there for the weekend, but the general bulk of people for both would have been notable even without that group.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Finding a suite with a bathroom accessible from outside the bedroom

Parent need a suite in Nashville that has access to the bathroom from the living area, Will have someone sleeping on the couch who could be up a couple of times in the night and would prefer not to be woken up. Some hilton hotels like the Embassy Suites in Downtown DC have a floor plan on Hilton.com but the ones I've looked at in Nashville do not,, any other websites that might have them. I would confirm with the hotel but I don't want to have to call every Hilton Brand suite hotel in Nashville rather narrow it down first.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Parent need a suite in Nashville that has access to the bathroom from the living area, Will have someone sleeping on the couch who could be up a couple of times in the night and would prefer not to be woken up. Some hilton hotels like the Embassy Suites in Downtown DC have a floor plan on Hilton.com but the ones I've looked at in Nashville do not,, any other websites that might have them. I would confirm with the hotel but I don't want to have to call every Hilton Brand suite hotel in Nashville rather narrow it down first.
Most Embassy Suites I’ve stayed at, have the bathroom outside the bedroom. I’d find the best suited property and email or call them.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Status? What's status?
I've stayed several times at the Embassy Suites near Vanderbilt University. The suites I've stayed in at that hotel have the bathroom outside the bedroom.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
The Hilton Suites downtown does have access from the living room.

The Hilton Suites Brentwood does have access from the living room.
AsiaTraveler likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Most Embassy Suites I’ve stayed at, have the bathroom outside the bedroom. I’d find the best suited property and email or call them.
Thanks thats what I thought

Originally Posted by lmsalman
I've stayed several times at the Embassy Suites near Vanderbilt University. The suites I've stayed in at that hotel have the bathroom outside the bedroom.
That seemed to be the best option in general. Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
The Hilton Suites downtown does have access from the living room.

The Hilton Suites Brentwood does have access from the living room.
I like this idea, hilton type accomodations with all suites.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Had a good stay at the downtown Homewood Suites in Nashville. Nice new (or very recently updated) property walking distance to Broadway and the other downtown attractions. Good location if you plan to spend time in both the Gulch area as well as Broadway.

Raw square footage in the rooms is a *little* small compared to some Homewoods. They do not have full kitchens, but do have large refrigerators. Rooms were very clean, bright, and had a new/fresh look.

Unlike a lot of Homewoods, it has a full bar in the lobby with live music on some nights. Breakfast is pretty brand-standard and is back to its normal pre-covid format. Although the hotel was sold out when we were there, breakfast was not overcrowded. All of our staff interactions were friendly.

You can valet park if you like, but there were plenty of places around the hotel to park. Meters during the day, free overnight and on Sundays.

Did OLCI and Digital Key ahead of time. Knew hotel was sold out so didn't bother asking about upgrades. Didn't seem to be many upgraded room types to book to begin with.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Originally Posted by pinniped
Had a good stay at the downtown Homewood Suites in Nashville. Nice new (or very recently updated) property walking distance to Broadway and the other downtown attractions. Good location if you plan to spend time in both the Gulch area as well as Broadway..........
I love that property. It's my go-to now for Nashville. First stayed there last summer during peak covid and have been back several times. Last stay was three weeks ago. Glad to see the bar reopened. Clever way to put a hotel inside an older building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.