Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House {IRL}

Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House {IRL}

Old Apr 15, 16, 3:43 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Posts: 1,981
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House {IRL}

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/e...HGI/index.html

The hotel is now accepting reservations from July 1.
helosc is offline  
Old Apr 15, 16, 7:17 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Posts: 238
Thanks, have been waiting for this. Rate seems quite good and location appears great but will wait for photos before switching my January booking from DoubleTree Burlington.
earlyriser is offline  
Old Jul 2, 16, 11:40 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tyrone,EU
Programs: Avios Hunter
Posts: 2,653
I'm just back from a stay here. I found it very handy for a concert in the 3 arena. Great location, great public areas, excellent breakfast, and a good room (which currently lack A/C but this will be dealt with).

You can see my full review on my blog here:-

http://www.goingonrewards.com/2016/0...in-custom.html
tangey is offline  
Old Jul 2, 16, 12:15 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,717
Thanks for the link to your review.

Just be aware, the egg station is a HGI brand standard.
hugolover is offline  
Old Jul 2, 16, 4:35 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tyrone,EU
Programs: Avios Hunter
Posts: 2,653
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Thanks for the link to your review.

Just be aware, the egg station is a HGI brand standard.
Thanks for that, review adjusted accordingly.

Last edited by tangey; Jul 2, 16 at 4:51 pm
tangey is offline  
Old Jul 2, 16, 5:49 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: SRQ
Posts: 289
No A/C is unbearable in summer, even in Dublin. We stayed 2 weeks ago at the Hilton Kilmainham and def needed A/C. Thanks for the review!
UKOK is offline  
Old Jul 21, 16, 12:59 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 48
Have a short stay in Dublin (1 Night) at the beginning of August. Currently booked at Hilton Dublin. Looking to change to the Hilton Garden Inn due to location. I have never been to Dublin. Looking at the comments regarding A/C, is it going to be bad in August? Looking at the High/Low average of about 67F/53F. Will it feel hotter and will I want to stay at the Hilton Dublin for the A/C?
happydude is offline  
Old Jul 21, 16, 1:31 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PHL
Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
Posts: 179
I'd say call the hotel and ask about the A/C. That's good feedback to them if you end up cancelling for that reason.
thphilly is offline  
Old Aug 9, 16, 6:22 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by happydude View Post
Have a short stay in Dublin (1 Night) at the beginning of August. Currently booked at Hilton Dublin. Looking to change to the Hilton Garden Inn due to location. I have never been to Dublin. Looking at the comments regarding A/C, is it going to be bad in August? Looking at the High/Low average of about 67F/53F. Will it feel hotter and will I want to stay at the Hilton Dublin for the A/C?
Just wanted to provide an update after my stay. The temperature in the room was fine. Like most of Europe, the no a/c was not an issue. The window was cracked open and the hotel provided a fan. I do think A/c will be more comfortable, but it was acceptable. The location was great for my short stay and the Airlink 747 bus stop is just outside the door of the hotel for airport transfers. It cost 10 Euro for a roundtrip and took about 20 minutes each way to get to the airport.
happydude is offline  
Old Oct 2, 16, 4:19 pm
  #10  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cheshire
Programs: HH Diamond VIP, IHG Spire Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Posts: 1,461
Any perks like drinks vouchers or room upgrades offered to Diamonds?
adobbing is offline  
Old Oct 4, 16, 4:00 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Posts: 1,981
Originally Posted by adobbing View Post
Any perks like drinks vouchers or room upgrades offered to Diamonds?
To my surprise, I got upgraded from queen room to king room with river view.
Breakfast vouchers if you have chosen breakfast, bottle of water from the mini shop.
No special diamond perks.
helosc is offline  
Old Oct 4, 16, 1:36 pm
  #12  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cheshire
Programs: HH Diamond VIP, IHG Spire Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Posts: 1,461
Originally Posted by helosc View Post
To my surprise, I got upgraded from queen room to king room with river view.
Breakfast vouchers if you have chosen breakfast, bottle of water from the mini shop.
No special diamond perks.
Thanks, do you have any experience of selecting the 750 points instead?
At another HGI I use they still give the vouchers even if you have selected the points option and you get the points!
adobbing is offline  
Old Oct 4, 16, 1:41 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Posts: 1,981
Originally Posted by adobbing View Post
Thanks, do you have any experience of selecting the 750 points instead?
At another HGI I use they still give the vouchers even if you have selected the points option and you get the points!
No, no experience.
But at check-in, I was asked to confirm that I had chosen breakfast and not points and then I got handed the breakfast vouchers.

Oh, and they let me check in at 11 am today.
helosc is offline  
Old Oct 4, 16, 1:56 pm
  #14  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cheshire
Programs: HH Diamond VIP, IHG Spire Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Posts: 1,461
Originally Posted by helosc View Post
No, no experience.
But at check-in, I was asked to confirm that I had chosen breakfast and not points and then I got handed the breakfast vouchers.

Oh, and they let me check in at 11 am today.
Sounds like they have tight control on it, although the 750 points is good, I'll probably opt for the breakfast.
adobbing is offline  
Old Oct 4, 16, 2:01 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Posts: 1,981
If you decide to opt out of breakfast, they have a pantry/small shop with among other things some sandwiches/wraps.
They also have a sort of cafe with cakes but I don't know if it's open in the mornings.
helosc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: