Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Sorry one last question...... Any of the Hilton chain is ok? Doubletree and Hampton is where I will get the best rates locally.
I believe so, yes.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:27 am

I did a status challenge in 2014. 21 nights within 90 days. Award stays / nights all counts towards the challenge. Also all brands under the Hilton family counts as well. In a way, my 21 nights challenge was harder to meet then meeting the re-qualification in subsequent years.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I did a status challenge in 2014. 21 nights within 90 days. Award stays / nights all counts towards the challenge. Also all brands under the Hilton family counts as well. In a way, my 21 nights challenge was harder to meet then meeting the re-qualification in subsequent years.
Interesting, would love to hear what others have experienced in regards to the award stays.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Happy to be corrected on award stays. I would be very surprised if that's the norm.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danger
Happy to be corrected on award stays. I would be very surprised if that's the norm.
Even I read it somewhere that's why I asked.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:40 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
A qualifying stay is defined as an awards points stay under the program, no reason why it would not count for the status promo, if the promo said "paid" it would of course be different.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: KLM FB-Gold, TK-Gold,Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Platinum
I am happily matched from ihg-platinum. Should have made the switch many moons ago,
Although honestly i must admit i had to do a property hop on one of my trips to get to the 8 stays, nevertheless im a happy camper
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'm still annoyed that when I got my match just before the 2 year match announcement in early 2017 that Hilton wouldn't extend this for me when I asked last year. It seems plenty of others have had theirs extended until 2018.
Yea that is crappy. I definitely got mine extended to 2018 even though I did the original status match in 2016.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by markis10
A qualifying stay is defined as an awards points stay under the program, no reason why it would not count for the status promo, if the promo said "paid" it would of course be different.
Not necessarily. For SPG, award stays are considered qualifying stays for earning nights/stays. However, it is not valid for doing a status match. I say look up the Hilton T&Cs for the status match. Hopefully it's defined there. I don't know the answer. Just pointing out that it could be different.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not travelling much this year but have the status match offer. Thinking if I wait till next year the offer might not be there or change. Is there a limit to status matches per account? If I do one now can I do one in say 2-3 years too?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I am not travelling much this year but have the status match offer. Thinking if I wait till next year the offer might not be there or change. Is there a limit to status matches per account? If I do one now can I do one in say 2-3 years too?
How is anybody supposed to know what will be possible two or three years from now?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:44 am

So important question short: I've heard rumors about matched status being prolonged from 31st of March 2017 to End of March 2018....Mine is not..Is there anything I can do about it?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
How is anybody supposed to know what will be possible two or three years from now?
I was asking if there is a limit to status matches. If someone was status matched 2 years ago can they do it again now?

Honestly I don't know why people bother replying with useless comments like yours.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
So important question short: I've heard rumors about matched status being prolonged from 31st of March 2017 to End of March 2018....Mine is not..Is there anything I can do about it?
There is no general extension. 31 March 2018 only applies if you applied sometime last year when the terms specifically said 31 March 2018.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I was asking if there is a limit to status matches.
And how do today's rules apply to three years from now?

Honestly. I don't know why I reply to such ungrateful people as you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.