Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zap7
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2019, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:24 pm

For the stats: Still waiting for approval... match Accor Platinum to ??? .... applied on 21st April.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PHLisa
I submitted my match request 4/13. So 10 business days have passed, 14 days total. Still waiting.
I applied before that, and never heard back. I messaged HHonors on twitter yesterday, and was told my status was extended to 2018.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by flyer4512
If you want to significantly increase your upgrades tip the hotel employee and get their email. I get upgrades weeks before I arrive

$50 here and there goes a long way
So you basically bribe the hotel employee. Way to go!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Where can one see ones status expiration online?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Where can one see ones status expiration online?
I don't see it listed anywhere online. only in the confirmation email.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

On a Chinese travel forum, a user just posted her recent check-in experience at Conrad Dalian. The front desk associate said he noticed that she did not have any past stays or points in her HHonors account, and then asked if she acquired Diamond membership through a status match. After she responded yes, the front desk associate asked to see her membership card of another hotel loyalty programme, which he examined before he continued with the check-in process.

I can understand Hilton HHonors scrutinising supporting documentation sent in with status match applications, but in this case, I think the front desk associate at Conrad Dalian overstepped the mark. What do you think?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paul00
I can understand Hilton HHonors scrutinising supporting documentation sent in with status match applications, but in this case, I think the front desk associate at Conrad Dalian overstepped the mark. What do you think?
Personally, I say go for it. If people want to take chances falsifying docs that's on them. However the practicality of doing this could be hard because I know I never carry the physical cards and would have to pull it up on my phone in the app or website.

That said, I doubt you'd see this outside of China though. Hotels there are apparently must stricter with allowing people in on corporate discount rates, according to those threads.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paul00
On a Chinese travel forum, a user just posted her recent check-in experience at Conrad Dalian. The front desk associate said he noticed that she did not have any past stays or points in her HHonors account, and then asked if she acquired Diamond membership through a status match. After she responded yes, the front desk associate asked to see her membership card of another hotel loyalty programme, which he examined before he continued with the check-in process.

Wow, totally out of line, not to mention, who carries all that?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Wow, totally out of line, not to mention, who carries all that?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Perhaps HHonors could just have a more ridgid check of status before matching, but I would not be happy if matched by HH then questioned by the hotel!! Just saying...
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Wow, totally out of line, not to mention...
Not even worth mentioning the "not to mention" part. It is not an individual hotel's role to police the decisions of the Hilton HHonors program.

I would certainly lodge a complaint with customer service.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Three more thoughts: This is a modern form of dickering on the spot. Second, I didn't know the front desk could view our account details at this level of detail. I assume, sadly, that they can post and see notes about us for receptionists et al, down the line, also overwrought, IMO. And third, it becomes a more detailed and important ranking of us beyond Diamond, Gold etc.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:12 pm

Here's another data point on status matching.

I have historically stayed at IHG properties because I often find myself in out of the way places where your Hilton/Marriott/Hyatt/etc just don't have a presence. It made sense to stay with them in larger markets too, in order to achieve status. I earned Spire status last year - entirely with stays - in 3 months. I will requalify Spire level next week, to cover me through 2017 - again with stays.

Since there is not much to the IHG program beyond earning points for free stays, I have been planning to switch to Hilton properties where I could, and earning status there too, since they are one of our preferred vendors.

For me, this just allows me to "borrow" the status until I have my nights in. Given that my job requires hotel stays at least 3 or 4 nights every week, I would get there in a couple of months even without the match - so I am probably exactly the type of customer that they are looking for.

Edit: Submitted the match request online at around 5pm PDT on Friday, and received my confirmation email at 8am Monday morning. Sounds like they have cleared the "backlog".

Last edited by Qwkynuf; May 2, 2016 at 10:13 am Reason: Added match information
Old May 3, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Edit: Submitted the match request online at around 5pm PDT on Friday, and received my confirmation email at 8am Monday morning. Sounds like they have cleared the "backlog".
Interesting that you heard back already. I haven't yet and I applied a couple of weeks ago. Note though that I was just trying to re-match so that might affect things.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Ugh. Finally heard back from Lauren to be told I was "updated to Gold" on 4/18. Of course, I was already Gold, and she ignored the fact that I was matching to Diamond. Awesome communication from Hilton as usual.

I resent the arbitrariness of the matching. If it's only for people who've never stayed, fine. If it's only for people within spitting distance of Diamond, fine. But the mystery criteria just leave me feeling bitter when it seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry is getting Diamond but I get passed over.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.