Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zap7
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2019, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Did you guys get an email confirmation when you submitted? I submitted my husband's Marriott Plat info on Saturday and haven't heard anything.
There is no confirmation. You will hear back from them when they have decided about the status match, in maybe 3 to 10 days.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbeckett
There is no confirmation. You will hear back from them when they have decided about the status match, in maybe 3 to 10 days.
Thanks, so no way to confirm it went through.

Just wondering since peopel who submitted Monday were saying they were done.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:02 pm

Currently stuck in an endless loop. Submitted screenshots of my Hyatt Diamond status and eligible stays and was told via e-mail they need better proof (actual card, not a screenshot from Hyatt's website) and to reply back to the e-mail. I did that and they replied back and now said to re-submit via the website. I am already Hilton Diamond, but would obviously like to extend it through 2018, but this back and forth is becoming asinine. Also, I can't re-submit through the website as it errors out and says my e-mail address and membership # has already been submitted for match consideration.

Last edited by bmrisko; Apr 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:41 pm

Called diamond desk to confirm i am good until 3/31/18^

Did not receive any email confirmation
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
My 2016 started out extremely slow (job change, back on the road now) and I'm completing a Marriott Gold Challenge as well, so my Hilton stays so far this year have been notably decreased... I already make Diamond on stays with fairly minimal excess stays, so it's probably 50/50 whether or not I'll hit 30 stays this year. I'm considering matching out to either Best Western Platinum so I can match-back to extend my HH Diamond just in case I don't make it on stays. I would have done the same with Kimpton Karma Inner Circle but they stopped matches on Jan 1.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I've actually been hitting Hilton a lot this year just because it's been the most convenient property. I was in Niseko last week and decided to submit as per this thread because I had just book a number of business trips all with Hilton stays. I showed up this week in London at the Metropole and was welcomed as a Diamond, so I guess I got a match.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Am I missing something? It just doesn't seem like you get much more by being a Diamond than being a Gold (at least by reading the listed benefits.) About the only thing that seems of value is the 50% more on points. Two bottles of water doesn't make me feel all that special, but I haven't stayed in Hilton chain hotels much other than 3 nights at the Waldolf Astoria NYC in November.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Runner123
Am I missing something? It just doesn't seem like you get much more by being a Diamond than being a Gold (at least by reading the listed benefits.) About the only thing that seems of value is the 50% more on points. Two bottles of water doesn't make me feel all that special, but I haven't stayed in Hilton chain hotels much other than 3 nights at the Waldolf Astoria NYC in November.
You may get more or may get less (or may get the same) at hotels with a lounge. Per the listed benefits, Gold only gets a free breakfast, Diamond gets lounge access. Now, the lounge may be a better place to eat breakfast at one hotel, but the restaurant may be better at another hotel (and if the Gold is "forced" into that restaurant while Diamond is "forced" into that lounge, who got the better deal?). Finally, complicating things more, some hotels give Golds lounge access too (even if they're not on the Club level), in which case at that hotel there's no difference either way.

Factoring out breakfast, if you're at a hotel which has an evening reception in the lounge with food, and you can turn that into dinner, then having access as a Diamond certainly would trump having having to pay for dinner elsewhere as a Gold. But not everyone is able to (or wants to) stitch together dinner from an evening lounge reception with food.

And even hotels which have such an evening reception tend to only have it a few nights a week. So if you're they're on the "wrong" night (typically meaning anywhere near a weekend), you can't make use of this benefit as a Diamond.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Gold is quite satisfactory and sufficient for me. All along, it's meant breakfast and wifi. Now that wifi is complimentary to all HH members, the breakfast and lounge are sufficient. The points have been devalued to the point of meaningless as an incentive to me. So Diamond, even while I had it, was "meh". But what I have with Gold keeps me coming back, especially when it's spontaneously extended. HH has my incentives figured out. ^
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

Am I missing something? It just doesn't seem like you get much more by being a Diamond than being a Gold (at least by reading the listed benefits.)
There is a rare time when diamond status means award space is available at a hotel that wouldn't be otherwise. My husband attends an annual trade show, the largest of its kind, in a small California town. Major companies from around the world rent out the Hampton Inn, the Fairfield Inn, and the like. If I could get a room for him, and I can't without Hilton diamond, the $100 rooms would jump to $400 per night. I'd have to book a 4 night minimum prepaid nonrefundable stay. Thanks to Diamond, I can book him at 20K points/night. I can book the 3 nights he needs and am not forced to take the fourth night. In this one, admittedly limited case, it is an awesome benefit.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have used the Diamond force to get a room many times. If not Diamond I would not have ben able to go on my business trip as all hotels booked.

And I got my Diamond the old fashioned way, I earned it.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:11 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Diamond at both full service San Francisco properties offers the "opportunity" to purchase a full breakfast for $10 "upgrade" charge. Golds are limited to "grab and go" and cannot apply their voucher to a full breakfast. This was a big difference for me since I stay at these properties frequently.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I've gotten upgraded to suites several times as a Diamond. I never got upgraded to a suite as a Gold, nor did I ever get upgraded to use the Executive Lounge as a Gold.

"Diamond Force" also offers tremendous value on certain high demand dates.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
E-mail confirm of Diamond match through 3/18 came through about 72 hours after submission.

I'm a little embarrassed to take the freebie (earned Hyatt Diamond on stays), but I do stay at Hiltons and it will be nice to get the premium wifi and maybe the occasional suite upgrade.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Baze
I have used the Diamond force to get a room many times. If not Diamond I would not have ben able to go on my business trip as all hotels booked.

And I got my Diamond the old fashioned way, I earned it.
x2 on both accounts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.