Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zap7
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2019, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:31 pm

I stayed at several IHG properties in the last year. All were booked with OTAs. I just got Gold status with them through their credit card. Can I use a screenshot of a thank you letter from a previous stay (even though it was booked through OTA) and doesn't have an actual receipt to prove that I stayed within 12 months?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I stayed at several IHG properties in the last year. All were booked with OTAs. I just got Gold status with them through their credit card. Can I use a screenshot of a thank you letter from a previous stay (even though it was booked through OTA) and doesn't have an actual receipt to prove that I stayed within 12 months?
Give it a try. I just received HH Diamond matched to Best Western Diamond. My proof of stay was a text format email confirmation which didn't even include the price or my Best Western account details.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:07 pm

While I (think I) understand the goals of HHonors with these matches, my heart still aches with each of these success matches as I plan my various Hilton stays to re-qualify for Diamond the hard way. Still, I hope the folks who signed up appreciate what was done for them and turn towards the HHonors program. With a large pool of 'Elite' members, it might inspire more properties to be re-flagged under HHonors and thus providing more choices.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by sbv72
Give it a try. I just received HH Diamond matched to Best Western Diamond. My proof of stay was a text format email confirmation which didn't even include the price or my Best Western account details.
TY for the good news. How long did it take to get matched after submitting?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I wonder if I can match my Starbucks Gold status to HH Diamond?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I wonder if I can match my Starbucks Gold status to HH Diamond?
And from now to 01 May, get Starbucks gold status with one purchase either using your card ... or using the app.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
TY for the good news. How long did it take to get matched after submitting?
Took about 60hrs. I did it on Monday, received e-mail confirmation last night. Status already updated in HH app.

My BW Diamond status was originally matched to my HH Diamond, which just expired at the start of the month. I was down to Silver for 2 weeks.

I would recommend matching HH status to Best Western to use for future status matches.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:51 pm

Matched to HH Gold from Marriott Gold. From all I can tell, doesn't seem to be a huge different between HH Gold and Diamond.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Put in my request now for IHg platinum to hopefully get hh diamond..also got spg gold, hyatt plat, bw diamond..we shall see what they say..I did get a status match to diamond in fall 15 but want to extend it out if possible.

Where does everyone see that the status is good til 18 (other then the application page)?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu

Where does everyone see that the status is good til 18 (other then the application page)?
In the confirmation email.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by solewalker
And from now to 01 May, get Starbucks gold status with one purchase either using your card ... or using the app.
Psh. And to think I earned my Gold status the hard way, by buying things. It's the SBUX version of earning based on nights/stays.

I'm confused by this line in the T&Cs "Offer only redeemable once for the lifetime of the promotion." Is HH status match once per lifetime or can you only match once during a current promotion?

Last edited by krazykanuck; Apr 13, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:00 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I matched last year to Diamond until 2/2017 and submitted for a match to 2018 in the recent promo. They never contacted me back so I figured I got no extension, but a blogger's post today inspired me to tweet HH. Sure enough, my Diamond is good til 2018.
Had no reply as well for extension, will try tweeting. :-:

UPDATE: Got a reply saying that my account is already HHD through March 2018. I did not receive an email so I did not know, also where is this information located on the account ? Can't find it anywhere.

Last edited by jedicat666; Apr 13, 2016 at 11:42 pm
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by jedicat666
Had no reply as well for extension, will try tweeting. :-:

UPDATE: Got a reply saying that my account is already HHD through March 2018. I did not receive an email so I did not know, also where is this information located on the account ? Can't find it anywhere.
I can't find my expiry date anywhere. It used to show when you looked at your card on the app but it's changed now.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
I tried for a match to Diamond through 2018 through the website as well three weeks ago, and also received no response. I emailed HHonors to ask for an update and was told I am Diamond through 2018!

My situation is a little different as I was given a Diamond challenge back in February based on my Marriott Platinum Premier, so it may have been easier for me to get my HHD status extended.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you guys get an email confirmation when you submitted? I submitted my husband's Marriott Plat info on Saturday and haven't heard anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.