Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zap7
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2019, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
Has anyone heard back from these new matches? Friend matched a week ago and nothing yet?
Nothing for me either!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up I got matched to Diamond, and I wasn't targeted!

Friday (7 April) midday -- about 1 week after submitting my status match to Marriott Platinum, using the link in post 1 -- I got an email from Hilton HHonors titled:
Congratulations, you've earned Hilton HHonors Diamond Elite status.
Although the email didn't mention the status match, this has to be it, since I had previously been demoted from HH Gold to HH Silver (1 week earlier), and I didn't do anything else that could have possibly suddenly jumped me from HH Silver to HH Diamond (through March 31, 2018) other than this online status match request.

And, no, I was never targeted for this status match by email, I only heard of it through this FT thread and nowhere else.

(And when I went to HH site, it also showed me as Diamond there, even though it had showed me as Silver the previous day.)

Wow, now I'm going to get bottles of water. (My couple upcoming HH stays are only at Hamptons.)
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:54 am

I also got a match--from Hyatt Diamond with ~50 stays this year.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Jetblue Mosaic, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive Elite
Was matched in the previous offer to March 2017, but for some reason I lost status on April 1st. However, I submitted a match via this offer and received an email a few days ago with a confirmed match to March of 2018 ^
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
I received an email response less than a week after submitting online, asking for additional documentation. Not sure what's going on here as I followed their instructions to a T.

---------------

Dear Gunksny,

Thank you for contacting regarding your Hilton HHonors account (HH# xxxxxxxxx) and requesting tier match.

After careful review, we are unable to process your request with the provided documentation as they are ineligible to compare against Hilton HHonors program. To consider for the offer, we require:

• If you are a member of another Hotel Loyalty Program, please submit a screenshot or photo of your existing hotel membership card with your name printed clearly on it (handwritten names or those that appear to have been altered will not be accepted)

• Copy of your recent account statement and activity (those that appear to be altered will not be accepted)

If you are able to provide us with one of these required forms of proof, please resubmit your request by email by replying to this message and we will happily re-evaluate your request. Thank you for your inquiry and we hope to serve your travel needs in the future.

Sincerely,

Hilton Member Services

Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Got matched to diamond with IHG platinum. Already had Hilton diamond through amex plat, so I guess they decided to upgrade me.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Submitted request from
Marriott platinum on Friday and got the email today with diamond upgrade. Impressive turn around
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is crazy that Hilton is matching on a full basis (as opposed to trial/challenge period), reportedly now through March 2018. And it would be really easy to fake the docs.

That said, this is too good to pass up . . . I just submitted based on Hyatt Diamond status, will see what happens.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:48 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hiima
Got matched to diamond with IHG platinum. Already had Hilton diamond through amex plat, so I guess they decided to upgrade me.
You were already HHD when the match to 2018 got approved ?

Would be interested to see some data points for HHD extension to 2018 using this match.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
UPDATE : Just received confirmation of match to Hilton Diamond through March 2018.

[QUOTE=gunksny;26470467]I received an email response less than a week after submitting online, asking for additional documentation. Not sure what's going on here as I followed their instructions to a T.

---------------
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CCarlson Silver
If I'm close to requalifying for HHD at the moment, I probably shouldn't try a match (both HHD, and Hyatt Diamond, although majority of stays have been Hilton at this point)?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by WoofusMaximus
If I'm close to requalifying for HHD at the moment, I probably shouldn't try a match (both HHD, and Hyatt Diamond, although majority of stays have been Hilton at this point)?
Depends on if it would be beneficial to shift any of your remaining stays to (re)qualifying for another program... if you're staying at Hilton regardless, there doesn't seam to be any benefit in doing the match.

If you could shift enough stays to another program to make it easier to (re)qualify then maybe there's some benefit in doing the match. If you're 10 stays from Diamond you could always go get SPG Gold or something similar... it's not going to change your life, but it's worth having if you have any interest in SPG (especially if you're a DL flyer as well).
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
do we know what qualifies for Diamond? I got the diamond a few months back thru the email match in nov...

i'm spg gold and ihg platinum and hyatt platinum...these will qualifiy?

Last edited by bitachu; Apr 12, 2016 at 1:23 pm
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Originally Posted by bitachu
do we know what qualifies for Diamond? I got the diamond a few months back thru the email match in nov...

i'm spg gold and ihg platinum and hyatt platinum...these will qualifiy?
According to the post above IHG Platinum will get you Hilton Diamond.

I was surprised as I figure Spire = Platinum.

I just submitted the upgrade info for myself my wife and my dad. We are Platinum and my dad is Spire.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:32 pm

I matched last year to Diamond until 2/2017 and submitted for a match to 2018 in the recent promo. They never contacted me back so I figured I got no extension, but a blogger's post today inspired me to tweet HH. Sure enough, my Diamond is good til 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.