Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zap7
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2019, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:42 pm

It is on the account overview page right below edit profile and edit preferences.

I did online chat and asked when diamond status ends. They said 3/31/17. Ohhhh nooooo.

I guess I will wait until 4/1 and see what really happens. If I drop, then a call to HHonors customer service. Or...maybe calling in as a diamond before it drops may be better. I am perplexed as what to do.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
If you were mentally prepared to wait till April anyway, why not just spend 5 minutes forwarding the email which had stated Mar 2018 to HHonors and requesting a clarification?

If they reply you can begin clarifying issues earlier (best case: instant update); if they don't you can stick to your current plan.

What I don't quite understand is why, when you've received data from three separate sources (website, email, chat), you'd rather wait passively to be downgraded before acting when you can do so right now.

Originally Posted by mileshound
It is on the account overview page right below edit profile and edit preferences.

I did online chat and asked when diamond status ends. They said 3/31/17. Ohhhh nooooo.

I guess I will wait until 4/1 and see what really happens. If I drop, then a call to HHonors customer service. Or...maybe calling in as a diamond before it drops may be better. I am perplexed as what to do.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:56 pm

If it makes any of you feel better the message I see under account overview is:

UPDATE ON YOUR 2017 STATUS
On April 1, 2017, your status is scheduled to change from Gold to Silver. Learn more about your Silver benefits here.

And I'm a Diamond.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
I actually like your idea of waiting and will do the same. Here's my reasoning.

Hilton will be downgrading thousands of members on 4/1. These are people like us who got in on the initial round of status matches.

As those members see their status reduced there will be a drop accordingly in Hilton reservation and stays. And that's completely logical: Hilton Diamond was a top preference. Gold is good, but silver or basic will put Hilton below iHG platinum and even SPG preferred. That's because not only are the amenities reduced but you are earning Hilton points which are worth less and they are now accumulating at a much slower rate.

I think once Hilton sees the numbers drop off they will be far more generous in either reinstating status or offering some sort of "bounce back" incentive to book stays again.

So let Hilton downgrade me. They'll either make it worth my while to come back or will put themselves as well as myself in a lose-lose situation. And I think they'd rather give a former guest a stay with decent status than not have them stay at all.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by npf125
If it makes any of you feel better the message I see under account overview is:

UPDATE ON YOUR 2017 STATUS
On April 1, 2017, your status is scheduled to change from Gold to Silver. Learn more about your Silver benefits here.

And I'm a Diamond.
I was going to email them and went into my account to get the email address and now the message is gone.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:08 am

Still trying to get to the bottom of this. I had several email responses from Hilton saying it ends 3/17/2017.

When I ask why not 2018 as originally communicated they keep saying I can only do 1 status match and it cannot be extended. Not the question I was asking. I even sent them the original email with the 2018 date.

The diamond desk looked into my status and saw that the expiration date changed over the summer from 2018 to 2017 date but did not know why. They created yet another ticket with a 7-10 day response expectation.

I guess there is no HHonors representative I can actually talk to who handles status questions and they must continually create tickets.

Very frustrating.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:21 am

My status match has been rejected. I sent them my Hyatt Globalist welcome page screenshot and a screenshot of the Recent Activity page.

Not sure what more they expect ?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
My status match has been rejected. I sent them my Hyatt Globalist welcome page screenshot and a screenshot of the Recent Activity page.

Not sure what more they expect ?
Just speculation on my part, but perhaps the low level Hilton workers processing these requests haven't been made aware of the World of Hyatt changes, and don't know what to do with a "Globalist"?

The Hilton status match website still lists the program as "Hyatt Gold Passport"
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:39 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Just speculation on my part, but perhaps the low level Hilton workers processing these requests haven't been made aware of the World of Hyatt changes, and don't know what to do with a "Globalist"?

The Hilton status match website still lists the program as "Hyatt Gold Passport"
That would be a bit inept of them.

I've exchanged emails to no avail and then was re-linked to the original page so have re-submitted my screenshots. Hopefully a more knowledgeable agent deals with it.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:44 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

As the status match date has been extended again into March of 2019, please follow the new discussion:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...ch-2019-a.html

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton | Hilton Honors forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.