Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zap7
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2019, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Old May 3, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PHLisa
Ugh. Finally heard back from Lauren to be told I was "updated to Gold" on 4/18. Of course, I was already Gold, and she ignored the fact that I was matching to Diamond. Awesome communication from Hilton as usual.

I resent the arbitrariness of the matching. If it's only for people who've never stayed, fine. If it's only for people within spitting distance of Diamond, fine. But the mystery criteria just leave me feeling bitter when it seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry is getting Diamond but I get passed over.
sorry I missed your story. What were you using to match with?
Old May 3, 2016, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by PHLisa
Ugh. Finally heard back from Lauren to be told I was "updated to Gold" on 4/18. Of course, I was already Gold, and she ignored the fact that I was matching to Diamond. Awesome communication from Hilton as usual.

I resent the arbitrariness of the matching. If it's only for people who've never stayed, fine. If it's only for people within spitting distance of Diamond, fine. But the mystery criteria just leave me feeling bitter when it seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry is getting Diamond but I get passed over.
For what it's worth, I was matched to Diamond from IHG Spire, with 49 nights and 69k "Qualifying Points" so far this year. I don't know how much of a factor that was.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:09 pm

I have Hilton Diamond status, currently set to expire 3/17. I also have IHG Platinum. Do you think it would work to match my status, just to extend the expiration date to 3/18? It would be nice not having to worry about re-qualifying this year. Has anyone tried this so far?
Old May 4, 2016, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by starrflyer
I have Hilton Diamond status, currently set to expire 3/17. I also have IHG Platinum. Do you think it would work to match my status, just to extend the expiration date to 3/18? It would be nice not having to worry about re-qualifying this year. Has anyone tried this so far?
Can you think of any reason why Hilton would want to do this?
Old May 4, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by starrflyer
I'm curious about answers to this, as well, for a specific rule-related reason: I've always understood from this board that one's HH status has to expire before a new match or challenge can be got.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Firewind
I'm curious about answers to this, as well, for a specific rule-related reason: I've always understood from this board that one's HH status has to expire before a new match or challenge can be got.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Can you think of any reason why Hilton would want to do this?
There have been several matches that have been rematched... Whether or not it makes sense is a different question

There are slso people who have had their re match requests denied. So my advise would be to try, hope for some vegas luck and be happy if it works.

My comments are based on first hand knowledge on friends and family accounts... Most had similar situations yet completely different results
Old May 5, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Interesting that you heard back already. I haven't yet and I applied a couple of weeks ago. Note though that I was just trying to re-match so that might affect things.
I guess that they don't email those that are already Diamond and rematched. I just did an online chat with Hilton and they confirmed that my status is through 2018. It's crazy how I'm here trying to keep my Hyatt status and get SPG status when I already have Hilton for free for the next 2 years. However, I couldn't let go of Hyatt anyways and I'm anxious to try out SPG since it's so easy to get nights. (3x rooms a night and award bookings)
Old May 5, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by kauppias
... So my advise would be to try, hope for some vegas luck and be happy if it works.

(...)

Most had similar situations yet completely different results.
Or follow the old FT axiom: "(Figuratively) hang up and call again"?
Old May 5, 2016, 8:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I guess that they don't email those that are already Diamond and rematched. I just did an online chat with Hilton and they confirmed that my status is through 2018. It's crazy how I'm here trying to keep my Hyatt status and get SPG status when I already have Hilton for free for the next 2 years. However, I couldn't let go of Hyatt anyways and I'm anxious to try out SPG since it's so easy to get nights. (3x rooms a night and award bookings)
How do you do an online chat?
Old May 5, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I had the same experience, no email but twitter confirmed ^^ easiest top tier I ever qualified for
Old May 5, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I am currently Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold. Will IHG Plat or Fairmont Plat get me Hilton Diamond?
Old May 5, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I am currently Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold. Will IHG Plat or Fairmont Plat get me Hilton Diamond?
I would certainly try, I know they matched many plats both hyatt and IHG to diamond, why I dont know as those are both super easy to get but they did as long as you have a screen shot with a stay this year you should be okay
Old May 5, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by danger
How do you do an online chat?
This is how I get to it - from the main Hilton page, click "Sign in" in the top right corner. You don't have actually have to sign in but a "Chat Now" button shows up on the right hand side. Unfortunately, I find that it's not always illuminated to click on but hovering over it says "all reps are busy...try again later."
Old May 5, 2016, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HH has online chat? I dont find a button on that.
EDIT - found the button but it is not active under Firefox. Is it related to browser or due to rep not available?

Further EDIT - yes, IE opens the chat. Unfortunately the status remains expiring in 2017. Sigh.

I could not connect to AMEX online chat under Firefox even though the box keeps coming up but under IE it connects without any issue.

Haven't heard anything back from submission a couple weeks ago on rematching. So would hope to find out the statuses.

Last edited by Happy; May 5, 2016 at 5:02 pm
Old May 5, 2016, 5:26 pm

I need a little help

I need a little help reaching diamond status, please pm if you can help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.