Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Properties with Water View

Hilton Properties with Water View

Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed at the Hilton San Francisco next to the TransAmerica building (think it is the Financial District Hilton). If you stay on a very high floor and on the north side, there are fantastic views of the San Francisco Bay.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach is really nice, great pool and right on the ocean. We just had a nice few days at the Hampton Inn Daytona Beach Shores. Recently remodeled, Oceanfront room, was only $129.00 per night. Had a great breakfast selection every day, and is on the quieter south end of Daytona.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Hilton Waikiki, all rooms on the Kuhio Street side (above say the 12th floor) have frontal ocean views with few blocking buildings in the way (it is a long block off the beach).

https://www.google.com/search?q=hilt...RWufs7vWntM%3A
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Hilton with water views

Would any travel experts out there tell me if they have had some great water views at any of the U.S. Hiltons?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:34 am

Doubletree North Redington beach has a lovely water view from gulf front rooms.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Lot's of properties in Florida. Especially Tampa, Marco, Clearwater and then over on the Atlantic side
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There are certainly dozens of them. Start in most cities near a body of water and there's probably a Hilton (if not more than one) with water views.

Off the top of my head, just Hiltons I've stayed in...

- HWV
- HHV
- The Waterfront, Huntington Beach
- FLL Marina Hilton
- Hilton Clearwater
- Hilton Chicago
- Drake Hotel (Chicago)

I'm sure Hawaii, LA, San Diego, and Chicago have more hotels with water views.

I'm sure Florida has a dozen more hotels with them that I haven't visited...for example, I know they have a South Beach option and some downtown Miami options, although my recent Hampton Inn downtown Miami hotel was fully boxed in by taller buildings.

NYC Downtown may have some water views, although I'm always in Midtown - never with a river view.

I'm told the Sioux Falls HGI Downtown has a pretty cool river view (and it's actually an interesting river to view), although that might not be exactly what you're looking for. I'm passing through there for one night this weekend...kind of looking forward to it.

I did *not* have a water view when I stayed at the Hilton Seattle, although I would expect it is possible.

There's a big Doubletree in Portland that might have a decent waterfront view (it's on the east side of the river), but the downtown Hilton and Duniway don't really have much of a view of the river. (Great view of St. Helens though.)

The first three in my list above, plus the Clearwater one, are also right on or walkable to a traditional sandy ocean beach. FLL Marina might have been too...it was kind of a weird area (nice, but built up for boats so I'm not sure where exactly the nearest beach was).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See the suggestions in your post from last year:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ater-view.html
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
The Hilton Garden in at Charleston Marina is lovely if you get a marina view.
Thanks very much.
I am surprised that there aren't any Hiltons on the water in New England.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Properties I've personally visited with ocean views...

Hilton Waikoloa Village
Hilton SanDestin Beach Resort
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Gulf Shores
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

Hotel Del Coronado (San Diego) will join the Hilton portfolio on July 31. It's on a beautiful beach and has wonderful views.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Hotel Del Coronado (San Diego) will join the Hilton portfolio on July 31. It's on a beautiful beach and has wonderful views.
Cool hotel all around... I've never stayed there because the paid rates are usually sky high. It's not loaded in the system yet, so no telling what an award room will cost (or what this hotel's standard room cap will be).

Good news is it's Curio Collection, so elite benefits apply. (I just had to confirm it wasn't W=A. It's my Marriott side that always checks to see whether a hotel will weasel out of elite benefits with its brand or "resort" tag.)

And that might be my single favorite beach in the continental 48... Absolutely perfect.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:27 pm

Pier 5 (Curio) in Baltimore. Great harbor views.

Bobette
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
San Diego Mission Bay has wonderful views, beach, ...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Exp, HH Dia
The Hilton Key Largo has walk out balconies and private beach.
The Hilton curacao the same.

It's tough on hotels to be in the salty water. These places are usually run-down.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jun 30, 2017 at 11:01 pm Reason: distraction

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.