Hilton Status Question

Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Hilton Status Question

I have been HH Gold for about 8 years, and just received an e-mail from Hilton notifying me that my status has changed to Silver effective April 1. That's not surprising, since my Hilton use has been very limited this past year, and the only reason I was Gold all those years is from high Hilton Amex credit card use, qualifying me for Gold. However, about 4 months ago I made a reservation for a Hilton (using points) in Israel starting April 5, so I was Gold when the reservation was sent over to them. What are my chances of getting the Gold benefits when I check in (mainly the free breakfast and possible room upgrade), as I will actually be Silver by then, but maybe still Gold in their system?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:21 pm

Nope...status at time of check-in is what matters.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Nope...status at time of check-in is what matters.
Thanks for the answer, but that is not exactly my question. When they pull up my reservation when I check in, will it show Gold (when the reservation was sent to them by Hilton), or Silver (my new status for the 5 days of April)?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by srk123
Thanks for the answer, but that is not exactly my question. When they pull up my reservation when I check in, will it show Gold (when the reservation was sent to them by Hilton), or Silver (my new status for the 5 days of April)?
As stated above your status at time of check in should be what they see. If you review older threads some years there has been lag of a couple of days in the system but I doubt that it will extend until your check in date of April 5. If it does count yourself lucky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.