Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Horrible stay, left 1/3 of the way through my stay

Part 1.

I just left the property this evening, after a number of small, medium and large problems at this property.

I emailed the property the day before to arrange the shuttle service. A driver was there with a sign, and we quickly got to the curbside van, and headed to the hotel.

Checkin was fairly fast, and we headed to our room, the Presidential Suite, room 3032. It's 149sm, or 1600sf. During Hilton sales, it can be as low as $180 per night.

The room was pretty impressive, with full size fridge, cabinets, small sink and microwave in the kitchen. 6 seater dining table sofa, coffee table and side chairs. A full bathroom with shower is off of the living/dining room.

It's got a quite large bedroom, with a somewhat strange walk-in closet, with desk and computer chair on one side, and drawers and space for luggage on the other. It has a safety box, but it was not attached to anything. Not bolted or screwed into everything. I'm always amazed that a property that has been open 8-9 months can have such things messed up.

It has the normal great Hilton bed, very comfortable. Nice large TV, I'd guess 42", in both bedroom and living room. Another comfortable arm chair and lots of open space.

Off the bedroon, it has a large bathroom with tub, a humongous shower big enough for a football team, and strangely, two separate rainshowers. It has two builtin benches, but they're a bit too far to use with the sprayers in the showers. No soap dishes, or places to put shampoo, etc.

It has a glass stall for the toilet. Normal Indonesian sprayer, but no toilet paper holder. Double sink, lots of mirrors. Peter Thomas Roth toiletries.

As a Diamond I could choose 750 points or breakfast. As I had 6 nights booked, the breakfast seemed the much better choice.

The breakfast is served 7:00am to 10:30am. A decent selection, but other than the crispy bacon, nothing wowed me. Decent egg station, ok bread and pastries. Asian station on the far end.

My daughter was looking forward to the kids club advertised on their webpage. Big problem, though. They planned on it, but never built it. Yet, it's still on their website.

The swimming pool is large, and looked inviting. The water is very warm. It's not deep at any part, just 1.2m. There is a kids pool.

The hotel has a dedicated smoking area ourside the pool area, which is nice. What isn't nice, is that people smoke in the nonsmoking area, and cigarette butts just ground into deck, with some washing into the pool. Especially after the hotel guy selling drinks left in the late afternoon, lots of North Asian guys just lit up.

The tiles on the pool bottom are a big problem. It's seems hundreds are missing. We saw 8 loose tiles in the pool bottom, or along the pool. It looks like some 20 year old Bali places I've seen. Embarrassing and potentially dangerous, for a place thst hasn't been open a year yet.

Room service is only served 6-10pm. Fairly limited choices. The fish in the kids fish and chips had a really bland coating on them. The seafood linguine was nice.

Part 2.

Things get crappy.

To be continued...

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Jan 12, 2017 at 7:39 am
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL, AA, CX, Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by agjil
Thanks for the review Jerremy, the pics of the suite room you stayed in look very nice.

I'm curious if this hotel can be a good choice for a destination hotel as well.
It sounds like most folks use this hotel as a transit hotel for overnight connections, but I'm wondering if the location of this hotel would be OK for someone who is on vacation and plans on staying in Bali for about a week.

Thanks!
Personally I'd say yes. Have spend 10 reward nights here in 2016 and booked another 5 for this year. I think if your focus is hotel pool/restaurants and close to beach then look elsewhere, but as a base to explore Bali it's fantastic value. 20,000 pts for 5 nights is a bargain.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by greenfrog2015
Do I need a shuttle or I can just walk to it?
You definitely want to take the shuttle. The streets are not smooth all the way. I tried walking to the petrol kiosk (cause there was a convenience stall) and i ended up walking on the road because the pavement was so badly maintained.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Just finished up a quick overnight here and thought I would report back. Overall, incredible value for points/money IMO.

Phoned the night before to arrange pickup and someone was waiting after baggage claim and in arrivals hall on right hand side with HGI board. Took outside to car and waiting driver. Once you are out of airport it is literally just a few minutes to hotel.

Nice open spacious lobby that opens out to pool area with restaurant in the back of open lobby. Only three floors on this hotel. One thing that really impressed me was the gym on the third floor. A great space with lots of free space.

I booked using 5,000 points and obviously charged my 100K IDR laundry to the bill and got my 5,000 points back. ( Well I have not yet and have not for another 17 stays but thats a different story.) Got upgraded day before to King Deluxe pool view. Rooms are clean, new, large and with great bathroom. Big open shower with good pressure. It was PTR toiletries I think, If I am not getting mixed up with another hotel. Couple of international news channel on large tv which was much appreciated.

Breakfast in the morning was for a HGI not bad. Not the highest quality and poor fruit selection, in a place where fruit is so cheap. I did have one of the best omelettes I have ever had though. Kudos to the chef. Coffee from espresso machine which was actually fairly decent.

The pool area is quite nice and I think some people were actually using this as a destination instead of a quick overnight. Also a lot of tour parties. Travel desk at front which I did not touch. Did not have any food in restaurant but from what I saw looked pretty good.

As I said about laundry. It is coin operated and on the third floor. You buy a tablet for washer and dryer at reception for 100K IDR for both for them. Detergent and softener are in the canisters by the laundry. Very easy. Also had no bother getting a Grab from the hotel.

All staff I came across were delightful. I am back in a few nights again and look forward to it.No complaints from me and this was literally a 'free' stay if you count getting the points back.
Attached Images      
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:39 am

Hilton Bali Garden Inn Shuttle?

Arriving sunday evening, how do we arrange the shuttle to the hotel from the airport?

No reply from hotel and flying soon. Anyone been there?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at the thread for the property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ort-idn-3.html
The posts indicate that people have emailed and called to arrange the shuttle.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Worked for me a couple of weeks ago. Emailed [email protected] a week or so beforehand, confirmation was sent and I was met at arrivals and taken to hotel. No problem.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
A crappy stay, part 2

As this property has been open less than a year, I expected it to be in good shape. At first glance the property looks nice. Dig a little deeper, and you'll find major flaws.

When we went to put items in the safety box, it was not even attached to the wall, and had never been. What good is a safety box that isn't bolted down?

The largest problem, is that any time a toilet was flushed, a horrid fecal smell came out of the air conditioning vents in all the rooms. Didn't matter if nothing except water was flushed, and the bathroom door was shut.

We called our first morning after breakfast to complain about the fecal smell and safety box. Two hotel technicians came about the smell, and after 10 minutes, said something vague, like the system was "dry" and hopefully it would get better.

It took almost 4 hours for them to finally come and secure the safety box correctly, after multiple calls promising to come earlier. Half a wasted day.

We continued having the same fecal odor problem when returning to the room. We tried using only the second bathroom to see if that helped, but it was the same.

The next morning, we again contacted the front desk asking for a manager to solve the odor problem. No luck. Finally the Finance Director and a front desk manager show up to the room, but can do nothing to fix the problem. I'm offered a room less than 1/3 the size.

I ask for a similar size room at another Hilton Bali property. As we have reservations at the Hilton Bali Resort, I suggest moving the balance of our nights there. After more than 5 hours, and after 5pm at night, they finally arrange it. A whole day wasted for them to figure out what to do.

When we do arrive at the other Hilton property, we are not in a similar sized room. We do get an upgraded room based on our Hilton status, and still only 1/3 the size of our previous suite.

I was really astounded at minimal response from Jean-Philippe De Haes, General Manager. When you have such a serious defect in the best room in your hotel, you should take care of the customer. I had to contact Hilton Corporate offices to even get a somewhat lukewarm response from him. I've stayed at every Hilton property in Indonesia, and can't imagine any other manager who is less customer service orientated.

This is the worst stay I've ever had at any Hilton on 6 continents. And sad to say, the next day, the room was again being rented out, even though weeks later, the GM says they were still working on the problem.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
No effort to contact hotel prior to arrival for transport. Asked at information desk and was hooked up with the Hilton van within a minute and at the hotel within five. No other passengers in van.

Chinese tour groups ruled my single night here. No sleep after 2 AM between the tour groups making hallway noise and the phone ringing every thirty minutes. If there was ever a time to claim satisfaction guarantee, this would be it. At 55 USD, not worth first ever claim and happy enough to pass along news of the rotten experience. Staff very polite but not interested in problem solving.

Not a pleasant hotel. But, it did serve the purpose and had a great three hour walk in which I got lost and had fun at same time.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Currently this hotel is having a promotion to celebrate their 1st Anniversary

1st Year Anniversary Offer

However, I have been trying ever since they promoted this on their instagram a few weeks ago and there hasnt been ANY days available for this offer. Has anyone tried it? I find it strange that they would promote this offer but not open up ANY rooms for availability. Same goes to the 5k points room, you can NEVER get them until they open it up 1 - 2 days before the actual date.

This is SO frustrating...and they don't seem to respond even after I email them.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:42 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
this is not true, i have booked some award nights for december / january

plenty of dates available, probably not in high season
Old May 16, 2017, 4:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cln

The thing is, if you click on "Use Flexible Dates" to search with points, you will get some days with 5k points showing. However, upon clicking on some dates, they disappear.

I attempted to do a search, from July 6 - 7 and clicked on "use flexible dates". It showed me there are no 5k points available until Jul 11-12, 14-15, 17-21. I clicked on each of the available dates, here is the outcome:

Jul 11-12: NO 5k points redemption despite showing there was.
Jul 14-15: NO 5k points redemption despite showing there was.
Jul 17-18: NO 5k points redemption despite showing there was.
Jul 18-19: NO 5k points redemption despite showing there was.
Jul 19-20: NO 5k points redemption despite showing there was.
Jul 20-21: NO 5k points redemption despite showing there was.

Last edited by gummibar; May 16, 2017 at 4:30 am
Old May 16, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
click on "show accessible rooms" and the 5k rooms will show.
that's the trick!
Old May 16, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
5k availability

Originally Posted by cln

Agreed, I also have a reward stay booking for Jan at 5k/night. Granted a couple of days have now gone up to 18k, but one night is still available for 5k.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:10 pm

I have seen them not release 5k availability til day of

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.