FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre {ISL} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1751069-canopy-hilton-reykjavik-city-centre-isl.html)

Zhaunk Mar 5, 2016 10:00 am

Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre {ISL}

Taking reservations for stays starting August 31. 70k on points, points and cash available.

MissJ Apr 7, 2016 4:15 pm

Keeping this one alive. I can't wait to see reviews. I'm in Reykjavik in November and would consider spending some more $$ or points if this one turns out to be something special.

bkafrick Apr 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Updated opening date:

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival July 15, 2016 and beyond."

Points at 70k for summer. Drops to 60k points as of October 1.

Abidjan Apr 24, 2016 7:21 am

This is good news, thanks.

aroundtheworld76 Apr 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Interesting...I've always liked the Nordica, despite it being a bit of a walk from town. First EL I ever visited that had shots of fish oil on offer. May have to check this one out.

HKG_Flyer1 Jul 2, 2016 1:29 pm

Bumping this up. Thinking about staying here in August, but the rates are astronomical and I can find virtually no information on this property.

Even the property's website appears to contain only architectural renderings, with the same close-in photo used to depict each room.

I'm open to springing for a room here, but this seems like a gamble. Not even TripAdvisor has any reviews posted yet.

ExpatSomchai Jul 2, 2016 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1 (Post 26861982)
Bumping this up. Thinking about staying here in August, but the rates are astronomical and I can find virtually no information on this property.

Even the property's website appears to contain only architectural renderings, with the same close-in photo used to depict each room.

I'm open to springing for a room here, but this seems like a gamble. Not even TripAdvisor has any reviews posted yet.

Don't know how you expect TA to have reviews if the hotel isn't open yet :D

HKG_Flyer1 Jul 2, 2016 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai (Post 26861997)
Don't know how you expect TA to have reviews if the hotel isn't open yet :D

Really? Hah... so, when is it opening? This is such a mystery!

Ok. I just checked the rate calendar... it looks like August 1st is their first day.

Shouldn't the FT community chip-in for my trip in return for an FT trip report?

seacow Jul 18, 2016 9:12 am

I've sprung for a 4 night trip in September - not cheap but location looks great - will report back!

Single_Flyer Aug 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Has anyone stayed at this property yet? Worth almost double the other Reykjavik Hilton?

I'm seeing that Diamonds not only get breakfast but also a 3 course dinner.

Toula Aug 19, 2016 4:46 pm

I would also be interested in reading any reviews of this property. We have a stay booked over Thanksgiving into a King Room. I'm wondering whether it's worthy trying to pay for an upgrade to Sea View.

apodo77 Aug 20, 2016 9:40 am

Hope it's OK to link Tripadvisor as there are some reviews on there. If not a google search brings it right up. Looks like there is a ton of construction going on right around the hotel:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...al_Region.html

SNA_Flyer Aug 21, 2016 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 27080851)
Has anyone stayed at this property yet? Worth almost double the other Reykjavik Hilton?

While I haven't stayed there yet, I'd much rather stay in the neighborhood where this hotel is versus the Nordica. There are many great restaurants, bars and shops in walking distance, where the Nordica is a bit aways from the downtown area.

236Dakota Aug 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 27080851)

Just checked in at 3:00am
Will report back

236Dakota Aug 25, 2016 4:05 pm

As posted before, we arrived at 3:00AM after a flight delay.

The hotel is currently the only Hilton Canopy brand open and it is now one of my favorite Hiltons. It reminds me of the Hyatt Andaz brand on a somewhat smaller scale.

As a Diamond we were upgraded to a top floor suite with a view of the bay, private porch and we were given vouchers for a 3 course dinner with wine. Unfortunately we left late the following morning, but we are returning the following Saturday and will report back on the dinner.

The location is perfect for walking around the city and they offer complementary bicycles. Our suite was spacious with modern furniture.

A couple of hiccups, but no biggies: The street is currently under construction and closed in front of the hotel which made our GPS useless. The only way we were able to get to the hotel was to call the front desk (with luck we were about 2 blocks away). One of the reception people walked out and found us and guided us in. Due to the road closure parking was free for anyone in the adjacent garage.

The room numbers are not sequential. The building wraps around another, which has an Irish bar in it. The only way we were able to find our room was to go down to the front desk and ask for a guide. We were led outside, across a patio area, and then into another section where our suite was located. Do not expect room 506 to be between 505 and 507 or even in the same section.

Breakfast was outstanding and far and above any Hilton we have stayed at to date. Our only comparable would be the Hyatt Andaz in Amsterdam, including the atmosphere. It appears that breakfast may be given to anyone staying there regardless of status. No vouchers were given and no one asked for our names or room number.

The staff was top notch. We are looking forward to returning this Saturday and we will be checking in early in order to enjoy all the amenities that the Canopy has to offer. Hilton has hit a home run on this new brand.

This hotel is truly an incentive for us to visit the city again, and we will!