Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre {ISL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre {ISL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by frmnj
Are the rooms big enough for a couple and two kids under 7? When booking online like most European properties the system is forcing you to book two rooms. Do you think we will have problems if we book a room for two adults and show up with the two young kids too?
The room I had was certainly not. I would not assume you can. I really have no idea where you'd put four people.
frmnj likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AC SE
Are the rooms big enough for a couple and two kids under 7? When booking online like most European properties the system is forcing you to book two rooms. Do you think we will have problems if we book a room for two adults and show up with the two young kids too?
Originally Posted by Adam1222
The room I had was certainly not. I would not assume you can. I really have no idea where you'd put four people.
I would agree with @Adam1222. We have a King bed and we shared it with our 2 years old daughter but there would not have been any space for an extra bed or crib as the room was rather small.
frmnj likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Are the rooms big enough for a couple and two kids under 7?
The rooms are tiny. I'd book two, especially since they may not allow four people in the same room.
frmnj likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
First ever complaint - poor response

Exactly a month ago I completed a stay at the Canopy in Iceland. We got a terrible nights sleep due to something. I also felt I needed to comment on the breakfast which I found poor, especially the need to pay for a decent coffee. I made my feelings known at chckout and followed up with an email via the website.

I copied my email into the ‘message the hotel’ facility on the iphone app.

I then forgot about it. But today I got a response. The first line apologised for the delay but as so much time has passed there is nothing they can do. There would clearly have been nothing they could do about the stay at they replied 10 minutes after I sent it.

Also, they asked me for lots of information that was in my email (like my name, email and phone number, and hh number) as they were unable to find my stay. Bad on my part I didn’t include the reservation numbers but surely this could be found with the other info.

I also questioned whether 30 days to reply to an email was the norm.

Thankfully I’ve never needed to complain befre but I don’t have muh confidence if I do have to in the future.

I’m a gold about soon to hit diamond if that should make a difference.

Is my experience typical of how compaints are dealt with?
Old May 11, 2019, 9:00 am

What exactly are you seeking?
Old May 11, 2019, 10:10 am

No, when using the app I normally get a quick reply. 8hrs at the very most!
Old May 14, 2019, 2:47 pm

Does anyone have a map of the hotel? I'm curious to know all the different room types and sizes and where they're located. I'm wondering if a paid upgrade is worth it for a higher floor, etc.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:02 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by dcht
Does anyone have a map of the hotel? I'm curious to know all the different room types and sizes and where they're located. I'm wondering if a paid upgrade is worth it for a higher floor, etc.
It is not a large hotel; so I am not sure that paying extra for a higher floor is worth the money.

I was happy with the room to which I was assigned.

Old May 18, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I second that it would probably not be worth paying for. As a Diamond last year, I was upgraded to a suite that would rival standard room sizes in the US. Only difference I noticed was that these rooms include a small balcony that you could step out on. Great hotel nonetheless!
Old May 19, 2019, 12:48 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
I second that it would probably not be worth paying for. As a Diamond last year, I was upgraded to a suite that would rival standard room sizes in the US. Only difference I noticed was that these rooms include a small balcony that you could step out on. Great hotel nonetheless!
...and with access to the Roof Terrace on the fifth floor at the top of the hotel on which any guest can go outside to enjoy panoramic views, you do not even need a balcony to your room.

Directions to the Roof Terrace of the Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre hotel.

View across the street, with the sea and the mountains in the background.

View of the courtyard.

View of down the street.
Sisosig likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:54 pm

should i book this property or the konsulat if i'm using a weekend night? or points even? (same price, 80k)
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Just stayed one night on points (70k). Was upgraded to "loft" suite on 4th floor with balcony, skylights, very nice. Gold amenity was 2 Gull beers and a huge chocolate bar.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:22 pm

Any recent Diamond reports?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dcht
Any recent Diamond reports?
I’m a Diamond and I’m staying here as I write this. I booked a Standard King, and was upgraded to a Premium King. That was the extent of any benefit I got as a Diamond.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Maykita
Just stayed one night on points (70k). Was upgraded to "loft" suite on 4th floor with balcony, skylights, very nice. Gold amenity was 2 Gull beers and a huge chocolate bar.
Much better than my Gold Amenity: A chocolate bar and two bottles of water. No upgrade or beer. We did get into our room at 10 AM, which was wonderful.

Housekeeping was atrocious: No supervisor checking to make sure things done properly.

Shower leaked.

Staff were friendly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.