Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Does using a corporate/group rate reduce your status benefits?

Does using a corporate/group rate reduce your status benefits?

Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I'm attending a conference and using the conference's group rate. I can get the same price through MVP Hilton as well.

Will using the conference/group rate reduce my status benefits? I am Diamond, and I was hoping to get comped to full breakfast. The location is a DoubleTree and based on FT reports it is YMMV between continental vs full breakfast.

So I am wondering if using a corporate rate the frontdesk will give me BS about it. Maybe I should switch to MVP?
Reduce my benefits? No...using my employer's rate for personal travel (which I am allowed to do) actually increases my benefits, since we get bonus points for staying at "preferred hotels."

And that's on top of the Double Dip promo that's already running.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.