Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Central {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Central {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Yep Hilton Glasgow will feel it.
God knows they could do with a kick up the behind in some areas (ahem, the lounge).
Old May 8, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
From the website

This hotel will open on 30 Sep 2016
Parking - Self parking £8.00
Executive Rooms - Guests who upgrade to an Executive Room can enjoy access to our fantastic Executive Lounge, offering complimentary continental breakfast and evening refreshments

I think the Hilton Glasgow is going to lose quite a bit of HHonors business to this Hotel!

Better Location / much cheaper parking / Executive lounge

Roll on 30th September!
Interesting times ahead in Glasgow for sure.

Amaris already operate three Hilton properties according to their website

Amaris Hospitality own and operate 3 hotels under the Hilton badge, all situated in prime London locations
Doubletree by Hilton London Islington
Doubletree by Hilton London Chelsea
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
None of them have lounges by the look of it but having a look at the reviews of those three may give us an idea of how things will operate in Glasgow. The HGI seems quite well regarded by most on here.

I can't see the Hilton lying down though and can see improvements coming down there in the near future as they will want to maintain marketshare that's for sure.

Bookings aren't open on the Hilton site yet buy I'm guessing the DT will be category five along with the HGI, Grosvenor and Hampton which probably means 40k or £42 and 16k if P&C available.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:56 am

Have passed this property a few times over the last couple of months. They have been replacing the room windows (Presumably at the same time as they are refurbing the rooms going by the time it is taking) and by the look of things they have now reached the halfway stage as they are down onto the fourth floor.

There appears to be rates on the Hilton system from December 1st onwards. The room options appear to be (in rate order)

Twin guest
King guest
Two queen deluxe
Executive King with lounge.

cash rates from the dates I had a quick look at appear to be around £95 for the twin and £105 for the King. I wonder how many people will book a twin at the lower rate and then try and wangle the King at check-in.......

Points rates are 40k or £45 and 16k. There appears to be a lot of P&C available just now although for the Edinburgh property (Same owners) the P&C was pulled pretty quickly from a lot of dates - especially weekends!

There is P&C available for the three Saturday's before Christmas so anyone planning a trip to Glasgow around then and looking for a bargain you may want to book now if you fancy trying this new property out.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
Looks like the Glasgow Doubletree is up and running now. Have booked a stay for this weekend on my company rate, at just £68pn. It does seem to have a lounge, so will check it out and report back!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Looks like the Glasgow Doubletree is up and running now. Have booked a stay for this weekend on my company rate, at just £68pn. It does seem to have a lounge, so will check it out and report back!
Look forward to your report!

Interested to know how they treat diamonds in terms of upgrades etc.
Also interested in car park options, if I remember correctly car parking was supposed to be £8?
Considering staying there next Monday.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Arrived in Glasgow, checked in to the Doubletree and currently enjoying my room. Report to follow, but initial impressions are very good
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:44 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Stayed last night and concur it's "very good"

Upgraded to a suite with exec lounge access.

Exec lounge is on floor 8 and is what an exec lounge should be like, take note Glasgow Hilton and Glasgow Crowne plaza.
Spacious, airy with a couple of choices of beer including BrewDog punk IPA and Estrella.

Feels like a "lounge" rather than a free for all happy hour in a dungeon.

Needless to say I expect to be seeing a lot more of this place, sorry Crowne plaza/ Hilton/ HGI!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:12 pm

Doubletree glasgow, scotland

Has anyone visited the Doubletree Glasgow yet? I must say it's outstanding!

I can’t praise this hotel enough. As a Hilton Diamond member who has stayed in literally 100’s of hotels this is one of the best!

The hotel has bucketloads of contemporary comfort and style and the decor is sleek and elegant. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean with all the amenities you need.

When staying in this hotel at all times I receive eye-contact and a sense of being noticed and the team member’s give me their undivided attention. I find that when I need help to the staff members are very approachable - greeting me warmly, putting my needs ahead of any routine tasks and listening to my query.

The staff members also take the time to build up a friendly rapport and don’t appear to be going through the motions - relating to me in a positive and friendly manner.

The leisure facilities are outstanding too, not to mention the 24-hour executive lounge, with a happy hour for 3 hours and snacks, chocolate, crisps, soft drinks and hot drink available 24 hours! What more can you ask for!? I would not hesitant in recommending this hotel.

Last edited by marko4ever29; Dec 12, 2016 at 3:18 pm
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:53 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by marko4ever29
Has anyone visited the Doubletree Glasgow yet? I must say it's outstanding!

I can’t praise this hotel enough. As a Hilton Diamond member who has stayed in literally 100’s of hotels this is one of the best!

The hotel has bucketloads of contemporary comfort and style and the decor is sleek and elegant. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean with all the amenities you need.

When staying in this hotel at all times I receive eye-contact and a sense of being noticed and the team member’s give me their undivided attention. I find that when I need help to the staff members are very approachable - greeting me warmly, putting my needs ahead of any routine tasks and listening to my query.

The staff members also take the time to build up a friendly rapport and don’t appear to be going through the motions - relating to me in a positive and friendly manner.

The leisure facilities are outstanding too, not to mention the 24-hour executive lounge, with a happy hour for 3 hours and snacks, chocolate, crisps, soft drinks and hot drink available 24 hours! What more can you ask for!? I would not hesitant in recommending this hotel.
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good new location for a stay in Glasgow. Have stayed at the Hilton Glasgow several times, but think some competition for them is a good thing. Could take a bit of business away from the Hilton if it keeps up a good reputation. Is the car park part of the hotel or nearby?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:14 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I guess it's particularly nice because it's just opened although all the Scottish Doubletrees are pretty good.

The location is much better than the Hilton, and most nights are available for £60, cheaper than the Hilton will ever be (£70 is the lowest I've seen and paid). For the nights when it's getting full and thus more expensive, you can still pay 40000 points if the alternatives are even pricier.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:44 am

I stayed here a while back when it was Thistle branded and it was a fairly solid hotel.

Why are the rates so low though?

This is a well established hotel that's been fully refurbished and rebranded. The Hampton which is about a three minute walk away started from scratch and is frequently the same price or more expensive.

For the standard and quality of the hotel the lead in price should be at least £20 a night more IMO and this would be inline with the Holiday Inn along the road.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Anyone remember the times for evening drinks/snacks in the lounge?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:20 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by a9504477
Anyone remember the times for evening drinks/snacks in the lounge?
I was in there just before 18:00 and no alcohol just soft drinks and crisps, chocolate.
Went back in at 1815 and beer in the fridge along with choice of three Hot small plated snacks .

Not sure when they finish serving drinks officially, but beer was still available last night at 2115.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by adobbing
I was in there just before 18:00 and no alcohol just soft drinks and crisps, chocolate.
Went back in at 1815 and beer in the fridge along with choice of three Hot small plated snacks .

Not sure when they finish serving drinks officially, but beer was still available last night at 2115.
Is beer all that they serve?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Is beer all that they serve?
I think they probably have wine and all that alcoholic drinks, it's just that I drink beer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.