Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Central {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Central {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2021, 7:22 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Ye, welcome later stated it would be charged. As I say, unclear how this would be policed given the current school canteen setup.
Weigh you on the way in and weigh you on the way out😁
hugolover and :D! like this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When occupancy is lower- midweek, they're serving breakfast directly from the kitchen. I saw the £5 charge but thats not stated on the menu they give you. It says continental is inclusive for BB guests, £5 did crop up on my bill and then it was removed as a mistake. I wasn't given a check to sign.

I don't think they will sell many BB packages to leisure guests that involves a £5 upsell to get even a bit of bacon

Breakfast was OK, Fried Egg just at the stage of becoming rubber, I had better sausages in BArb's Oasis of Calm two days prior, save for her crap liquid egg mix
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Any recent stays here? Back in the next few days. Based on the Hilton website lounge is still closed.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge is open since about a week or so. Usual hours and happy hour 6-8PM.

Same location.

They’re more diligent about who gets inside. It’s enforced from outside during the happy hour period.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone been since the lounge re-opened? Are they once again charging £5 for hot brekkie?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Has anyone been since the lounge re-opened? Are they once again charging £5 for hot brekkie?
Stayed Friday night for concert at Hydro.

Parking now £10 overnight for everyone inc. Diamonds.

Hotel is certainly cleaner than Carlton Edinburgh.

Lounge drinks 6-8pm and snack served to table only. Don't expect any drinks or snacks before 630pm unless you sit at one of the circular tables as service seems to be on an instructed go slow e.g bringing out cutlery one by one to tables.

breakfast in lounin at 9am was train crash, all tables covered in dirty dishes, no coffee mugs, milk had spilled onto hot food dishes and no longe staff to be seen. Possibly as hotel is struggling to recruit.

Decanted to Brisket for buffet breakfast which was passable despite hotel being fully occupied

Wasn't charged for breakfast at checkout as per room letter despite brisket reception telling me I would be.

Wasn't worth complaining on checkout as all staff were clearly new to hotel.

Points posted with bonus about 24 hours after checkout.

Will be back but will make point of sitting at circular tables in lounge so as not to be ignored
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by S andy
Stayed Friday night for concert at Hydro.

Parking now £10 overnight for everyone inc. Diamonds.

Hotel is certainly cleaner than Carlton Edinburgh.

Lounge drinks 6-8pm and snack served to table only. Don't expect any drinks or snacks before 630pm unless you sit at one of the circular tables as service seems to be on an instructed go slow e.g bringing out cutlery one by one to tables.

breakfast in lounin at 9am was train crash, all tables covered in dirty dishes, no coffee mugs, milk had spilled onto hot food dishes and no longe staff to be seen. Possibly as hotel is struggling to recruit.

Decanted to Brisket for buffet breakfast which was passable despite hotel being fully occupied

Wasn't charged for breakfast at checkout as per room letter despite brisket reception telling me I would be.

Wasn't worth complaining on checkout as all staff were clearly new to hotel.

Points posted with bonus about 24 hours after checkout.

Will be back but will make point of sitting at circular tables in lounge so as not to be ignored
If you have Lounge access by way of status you are entitled to breakfast in the restaurant (Brisket). Sorry to hear the lounge had not reopened to how it previously was which was a pretty generous self serve offering.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What was generous about the booze in Glasgow? And which others are not self-serve, save for Deansgate which has always opted itself out of the BS since inception .
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
What was generous about the booze in Glasgow? And which others are not self-serve, save for Deansgate which has always opted itself out of the BS since inception .
For a Doubletree ‘Lounge’ within the UK I would go as far as to say Glasgow was the most generous in terms of its F&B offering. At least up through to March of last year.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:59 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Any recent experiences here?
Possible midweek trip next month and comparing Hilton options.
Particularly interested in lounge, breakfast and parking.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Stayed at the end of Jan, not terribly recent I admit.

Lounge was open, they'd moved to a model of only having smaller snacks out, and going table to table to ask if you'd like to have food, offer when I was there was a trio of dishes thing, each small. I didn't partake but heard positive noises from others. One downside is that they were limiting them to one per person, which seemed mean tbh. But I guess the fact people were asking for more is positive. Usual drinks selection, nothing outstanding but everyone would find something. Still self serve there.

Breakfast offering was solid to good, back to full self serve. Lots of hot and cold options, my aging memory fails me but if you'd showed me it pre covid, I'd have thought it fine.

No info on parking, sorry.

Was upgraded one level (as Diamond)
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:17 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Stayed at the end of Jan, not terribly recent I admit.

Lounge was open, they'd moved to a model of only having smaller snacks out, and going table to table to ask if you'd like to have food, offer when I was there was a trio of dishes thing, each small. I didn't partake but heard positive noises from others. One downside is that they were limiting them to one per person, which seemed mean tbh. But I guess the fact people were asking for more is positive. Usual drinks selection, nothing outstanding but everyone would find something. Still self serve there.

Breakfast offering was solid to good, back to full self serve. Lots of hot and cold options, my aging memory fails me but if you'd showed me it pre covid, I'd have thought it fine.

No info on parking, sorry.

Was upgraded one level (as Diamond)
Thanks, I guess it shows baby steps back towards normality.
Hopefully a couple of months on, more progress…
wizla and BertieBadger like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Just to add my 2c - the EL offering was strange. For the evening service, one plated set of canapés essentially one bite per plate and about 4 plates total. No veggie options.

All day offer: full jars near the coffee machine with Tunnoch’s caramel bars, potato chips, packaged biscuits and cereal bars together with a small fridge with several types of soda. Quite generous.

But they obviously spend a LOT of money on complementary alcohol in the evening (which I don’t drink). There were tables of people who had clearly been there for some time surrounded by empty glasses and spirit refills were being offered frequently. The other issue was that the EL is very small and after 6:10 there were no
tables available. Some of the tables outside the door were used for EL guests but this is essentially sitting in the normal (also very busy) hotel bar.

If you are a drinker it’s ok I guess but for me I couldn’t much see the point.

I loved the room in this hotel which was exceptionally comfortable and a new brand of large-bottle toiletries in the shower. Staff were brilliant throughout my stay. Big full-service gym and pool which has outside memberships and therefore was very busy when I went to look. A lot of kids in the pool.

Last edited by Freetotravel; Jul 26, 2022 at 1:01 pm
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately both Hilton properties in GLA have reduced food in their lounges during Happy Hour. Hilton GLA doesn't have a "lounge" outside 18:00-20:30 so you wouldn't be able to grab a drink during the morning or afternoon.

GLA rates remain very depressed due to limited corporate travel and low tourism.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:36 pm

Local news reporting a bit of drama at the hotel tonight with a full evacuation following smoke in one of the toilets.

Apparently there was also an evacuation a few weeks ago following a suspected chlorine gas leak.
adobbing and wizla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.