Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa {PYF}

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa {PYF}

Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ken Vasko
Hi there...read a few pages of this thread seeing 80,000 per night for points...that would be perfect for me considering I have about 200k points plus two free weekend night certificates...but when I look for 5 nights in August or September 2016 I'm seeing rooms going for a lot more than 80,000...even Bora Bora looks like a steal compared to some of these amounts!

For instance, looking at the week of 8/21 or 8/28 i'm finding NIGHTLY rates of 157,000 points just for a garden room...quite demotivating; I would have to rack up a ton of points over the next 8 months to make that worth it...

Does a phone call to Hhonors help to reduce points? Also, by next week I will have achieved Diamond (from Gold)...will this make a difference?

Thanks all!
Looks like they jack the points for weekends and keep weekdays 70-80k. So you need to use your points for weekdays and then use your certs for the weekend.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Late checkout
What time should I be able to get?

Originally Posted by lcohen999
$10 (US) pp

Basically, the $10 gets you omelet station and the usual, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.

Cold does come with hard boiled eggs though.

Is it $10 per person per day?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
What time should I be able to get?
2pm, but of course subject to availability. If the hotel is booked solid on the day you are leaving, odds are you're not getting 2pm.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2

Is it $10 per person per day?
Yup, $10 USD per day, per person

Personally, I didn't find it worth it
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hi there...read a few pages of this thread seeing 80,000 per night for points...that would be perfect for me considering I have about 200k points plus two free weekend night certificates...but when I look for 5 nights in August or September 2016 I'm seeing rooms going for a lot more than 80,000...even Bora Bora looks like a steal compared to some of these amounts!

For instance, looking at the week of 8/21 or 8/28 i'm finding NIGHTLY rates of 157,000 points just for a garden room...quite demotivating; I would have to rack up a ton of points over the next 8 months to make that worth it...

Does a phone call to Hhonors help to reduce points? Also, by next week I will have achieved Diamond (from Gold)...will this make a difference?

Thanks all!
I booked for August 2016 well over two months ago and it was 80k per night, less when you factor in the 5th night free. I would look later or just keep checking every day incase they get rewards at a lower rate again. The likelihood is that they have sold all their rooms at the 80k rate already.

Everyone has the same idea of going there on points, so hilton is only going to have so many rooms available at that point level, not every room. The same applies to flights.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.

Thanks all!
Keep in mind the Bora location will be closed Sept-Dec 2016 due to final renovations. As far as Moorea, they have a few rooms at the lower point amount per night and when those are gone for any particular date the point offer goes up. After that, the only way to get the dates at the low rate is if someone cancels and the nights go back into award inventory. But, they don't always go back into award inventory if the resort is selling well, then it just goes into paid inventory.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Friends,

Please remember Moorea is in French Polynesia. This means when France virtually shuts down for August holidays, French people are often looking at a nice tropical holiday, particularly if they can speak French. French colonies are also subsidized by France.

This means August (with some of the absolutely best weather) is very crowded, with French tourists coming in on AF and TN, as well as others coming from their Australian or Kiwi winter weather, Americans on school holidays, etc.

High demand means once the 80,000 point stays are taken up, the variable tier pricing kicks in. The hotel also would much rather sell bungalows for moody than points. Book late for August, be prepared to pungle up more points.

As well, weekends see an influx of better off families from Tahiti coming to Moorea - some of them to the Hilton. After all, for a person from Tahiti it's just a ferry and taxi ride away; an easy and popular weekend holiday, raising occupancy even further.

(We've been visiting Moorea since this property was the Hotel Moorea Lagoon - razed to build the Sheraton, now a Hiltin.)

mercruiser, mauruuru roa for the posts and splendid photographs. Makes me feel nostalgic...
Old Dec 31, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mercruiser
Originally Posted by mercruiser

What I love about the Moorea Hilton:
The beautiful view of Opunohu Bay from our OWB.
The stunningly beautiful sunsets - I took a 20 minute time out from writing this post to watch tonight's show
The rooms have really tasteful Polynesian decor that I find very comfortable and attractive
The rooms are plenty big for the two of us
The staff is very friendly and helpful
The ability to easily dine off site
Moorea is a wonderful island that caters to tourists and residents alike
Easy access to the Tahiti airport
Here are two of the sunset photos I took while writing this post. They were taken a few minutes apart. There is no Photoshopping here or other photo enhanements. These are the JPEGs right out of the camera. The whole Tahiti gallery is here: https://bhughes.smugmug.com/Travel/T...November-2015/

Thank you so much for the photos! It brings back great memories of my 2 stays there in 2009. It is still my favourite place and hotel on earth after all these years!

How do you find TN Business Class? Is it good? I have never tried it yet (I've only used NZ J to get to Tahiti in the past).
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:42 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.