Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2002, 1:03 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
For award travel they also have a point stretcher sale on through this time too!
Old May 18, 2002, 2:52 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
of course I've done my spring trip to SIN and this promo will have ended in time for my Fall trip. It figures
Old Jul 22, 2002, 5:37 pm

Triple UA miles at SIN Conrad and conflict between promotions

Some of you might know that the Singapore Conrad has a promotion offering triple miles (UA but also a lot of other airlines).

The problem is that I have signed up for the promotion giving me double HH points and no airline miles.

So there is a "promotion conflict".

I called teh Diamond desk and they are looking into it. Will keep you posted when the miles are.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
I tried cancelling the double-points promo recently and HH customer service said it's not possible. Please let me know if you succeed as I have stays coming up in SIN Conrad. Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2002, 11:27 pm

The word from the Diamond desk is that if a particular hotel is having a special promotion on miles, it should be honored. They have written a letter to hav my account credited but I have not seen any miles show up yet. I'll let you know.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 2:03 pm

Directions walking from MRT to Conrad/SQ?

I'm going to be staying at the Conrad/SQ-and taking the MRT from the airport.

Would someone please give me directions to walk from the City Hall (MRT station?) to the Conrad-

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2002, 3:34 pm

just ask someone to point you towards the fountain of wealth..its practically opposite..or mutter suntec often..actually suntec is probably the best question..its hard to describe because its underground and windy and complicated..
Old Jul 28, 2002, 4:04 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Just to expand a bit on the previous, helpful post, you have two options:
--above ground, which is shorter, but you may not like the weather all that much. (I often walk, so it's not that big a deal.) There's some possibility of getting disoriented, so you may want to avoid doing this the first trip.
--mostly below ground, in an aircon mall.

Below ground is a bit longer, but can be less confusing. Do not go up the escalator from the MRT, but take the Citylink Mall exit. Follow it until you come up at the Suntec City Mall. Then, you can either make your way through the mall and exit at the ground level food court or take the surface approach mentioned below.

Above ground, go up the escalator and you'll be in the Raffles City Mall. You go diagonally, through the Plaza hotel area and come to the corner of Bras Basah Rd and Beach Rd. Raffles will be on your left.

Go one block Southeast and cross Nicoll Highway. You'll be at the Suntec City Mall. One more block on is Temasek Blvd. The Pan Pacific Hotel is on the corner. The next hotel Northeast is the Conrad. Dodge traffic and you're there.

After reading through what I just wrote, I see that it's pretty confusing. Here's a link to a map that might be helpful.
http://www.streetdirectory.com/mapsi...evel=6?512,380

Rich
Old Jul 28, 2002, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
If you are arriving after a long flight or don't feel like a loooong walk. .. There are shuttles to Suntec and also to Millenia (I think that is the name of the shopping center right in back of the Conrad) you get out of theMRT go directly upstairs and the Suntec ones (there are 2 - either will put you within 3-5 minute walk the convention center stop is closest) come every 5 or 10 minutes - free and air conditioned

Oh...and welcome to flyertalk!

[This message has been edited by estnet (edited 07-28-2002).]
Old Jul 28, 2002, 10:07 pm

the easiest way without taking a taxi is to get off at city hall walk through the mall directly (raffles plaza) opposite through suntec mall, then i think it's the 2nd last building in suntec mall, get out at the entrance and the conrad is directly across the road. alternatively if u dont mind "sweat" u can walk outside and avoid the MASSES of crowds. u'll get there quicker but u'll get very hot too (even in the evening) :-)

You'll enjoy the conrad, one of the better hilton properties in asia and probably the world.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 12:07 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
As has been mentioned, take the MRT to City Hall and once you exit from the turnstiles, veer right into CityLink Mall. It is definitely quite a hike all the way to Suntec City. Just keep walking and following the signs.

When you exit from CityLink mall, you'll get bumped right on the corner of Suntec City. You should see Olio Dome cafe, take the main entrance on your left right after the cafe, and you will enter the mall.

This is where it gets important... you want to head towards Suntec *Convention Centre*. This means that you bear right shortly after entering the mall. You will reach the lobby of the convention ctr, and Conrad is across the street from the main entrance of the convention ctr.

Hope you aren't thoroughly confused by now! As for taxis - word of warning that some taxi drivers get confused by Conrad's location as well.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 4:17 am
Original Poster

I haven't taken this one myself but there is a direct public bus from Changi airport to Temasek Blvd, Suntec Tower, very near the Conrad.

This should be far easier than MRT. The CityLink underground pass is really up and down from City Hall to Suntec.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 6:16 am

Thanks EVERYONE!!

BTW, I emailed the hotel (directly) twice last week with this question-

No reply:-((
Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I guess they figure anyone paying their rates would not be taking the MRT in from the airport. The shuttle bus service is only a couple of bucks, and operated by air conditioned minibus.

Also, if you are arriving at SIN on the UA flights, the MRT will not be operating once you get in and through immigration. Last train from SIN is 11:18pm, and the first not until shortly after 5am.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 7:36 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Ah yes, the bus. That'd be number 36 - with the wicked slow bus drivers.... I don't know what's up with the drivers on routes 36 (airport svc) and 170 (to Johor Bharu). But there seems to be a concerted effort to drive the absolute slowest possible.

A taxi to Conrad is going to cost prob no more than S$15 - it will save you some aggravation. Try the MRT on the way to the airport where you're at least familiar with the lay of the land.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.