Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2000, 7:03 pm

That's the difference between a good hotel and a GREAT hotel.
Old Nov 14, 2000, 12:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
That's the difference between a Hilton and a Conrad.
Old Nov 14, 2000, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
It has always been a first rate hotel every time I've stayed there. Nice rooms and great staff!!

[This message has been edited by den1k (edited 11-14-2000).]
Old Nov 14, 2000, 9:11 pm

I only hope that one day, that experience will be something people post about happening in the US. If someone has experienced service like this in the US, I would like to hear about it. I will add that hotel to my "list."

------------------
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments, while others stay awake and achieve them.
Old Feb 22, 2001, 1:28 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
anyone with recent stays conrad singapore- upgrades?

Have read the old threads re problems with upgrades for gold and ?improvement. May stay there 2 nights in March and would like to know if anyone has had recent experiences with the hotel and if any "amenities" TIA

edited for smilie correction

[This message has been edited by estnet (edited 02-22-2001).]
Old Mar 30, 2001, 12:57 am

conrad Singapore

I recently completed a 2 night stay which was wonderful. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect since there had been previous reports of problems with upgrades, etc. Upon check in I (luckily) asked about my room "smoking, twin beds" ....uh I had requested non smoking, king! It was fixed and no problem about upgrade to executive floor (gold) or lounge access. Lounge staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Minor complaints
Okay - it rained - BUT - there is an extensive underground connection to Raffles City, etc. so if you don't want to get wet or carry an umbrella you can shop, eat, walk, go to a movie, or.... without any problem... and well, since it was overcast (which actually is good if you don't want heat stroke) it meant that the pool was too cold for me - altho others did enjoy it.

The rooms are nice with comp rubber ducky and Conrad Bear. High speed internet access is available for $20 (sing)/24 hour (I didn't use it but a friend showed me his and I must say I wasn't terribly impressed with the speed). Tubs are HUGE (but, sigh, no TV as in The Penninsula in Bangkok ) TV stations are a mix, with not great selection of English channels (but you don't come to Singapore to watch TV do you?)

Found out the last day that Pommery champagne is actually available for free as well as red and white wine, etc. during the cocktail hours in the lounge.

I am really looking forward to my next stay.
Old Mar 30, 2001, 1:15 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Thanks for the report - will be there for one night on the 16th April as part of a *A RTW.

Jon
Old Mar 30, 2001, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Good to hear this property is still up to par. You identified the biggest problem, its links to the rest of the city. When I stayed there last, it was just being opened, so taxis were not ranked outside and it was often better to make ones way through the interconnecting walkways -- more to get away from the heat and humidity than anything else -- to the Marina Bay SMRT station. There was a link directly to Raffles City three years ago, the Nicoll Hwy still forming a significant barrier into the heart of the city.
Old Mar 30, 2001, 9:32 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, it's a very nice place - but they have/had no jaccuzz!
Old Mar 30, 2001, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Hey, no problem. Just change into your bathing suit and step outside into the daily mid-afternoon monsoon rainfall. The intensity is sure to equal that of a jaccuzzi.
Old Apr 1, 2001, 8:04 am

Conrad staff is very good and lounge canapes is nice. if you're in the hotel in the late afternoon, why not undulging yourself with some British "high tea" in the lobby bar, great!

As for location and public transport, I found it far more convenient than staying on Orchard Rd where one has to walk a lot before reaching an MRT station. Compared to Orchard too, Marina square is so quiet (no hordes of tourists and locals). But it's nothing like staying in Chinatown where there are some really wonderful luxury and quiet hotels...

LL

Old Apr 1, 2001, 3:06 pm

I too, prefer the quieter (and better view) location without the crowds-but I could go for a stay at a nice place in Chinatown - could you post or email me your recommendations?

The lounge also serves a tea in the afternoon - they have some interesting loose teas which are served in a very intesting pot that can be placed in 3 different positions during brewing - and they mostly have some sweets available as well
Old Apr 1, 2001, 3:48 pm

Estnet-Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. i always stay there when i am not travelling with my mother as she is 72 and Scotts rd Hyatt is more convenient for her shopping.
Yes the lounge Does serve great French but they dont seem to like people (especially females) drinking too much and they seem to disappear after you ASK for the third glass-gettinga fourth is like PULLING TEETH. I have stayed there six times and now think its a real joke-I think four glasses of french is two hours is not unreasonable!
I really feel thhat someone should talk to the staff and let them know that they are NOT the champagne police. I also noticed they are the same with beer as there was a large group there on my last trip and they had a lot of problems getting a third drink.
I actually told them of my experiences and they were not amused. If they only want you to have 2 drinks they should state that-as they do at the Costa Rica intercon-
Old Apr 1, 2001, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally posted by estnet:
Tubs are HUGE (but, sigh, no TV as in The Penninsula in Bangkok ) TV stations are a mix, with not great selection of English channels (but you don't come to Singapore to watch TV do you?)
If I could watch it from a huge marble bathtub... I might.
Old Apr 1, 2001, 6:34 pm

Tinkybelle,

I actually noticed they weren't too swift on refills (also thought it might be female related, but that wasn't as clear). I never got close to 4 though I wonder if it is a matter of cost? I also wonder if they have had problems with people who overimbibe and prefer not to have to deal with it? Never saw any evidence of that during my stay and did meet a few very pleasant people during my soujourns in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.