Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Well, remember, that due to the renovations, the number of rooms available overall has been reduced for the time being. Let's see what happens once the project is done..

Nah it’s been like that since before the renovations.

But yeah, shall see how the situation changes after complete renovations.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
No upgrades

Just checked in.

Disappointing.

Booked classic room, got classic room.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by RCTP
As a frequent guest at this hotel, and being a diamond, they’ve been giving me one category upgrades.

Getting real disappointed as previously as a Gold the upgrades were pretty fantastic up till about a year ago. Things have been going downhill since then.

Even their sister property Hilton Singapore is giving 2 to 3 cat upgrades occasionally.
does that mean for Diamond standard bookings = standard room + Exec Lounge ?

Stayed a few times when I was Gold and it was only a cat-1 upgrade ... which was high floor with bay view :P Yet to try this property as Diamond.

For Hilton SG, even as Diamond never got anything above 1-cat upgrade, unless you consider the "Premier" rooms a 2 cat upgrade from standard ? I can't stand showering in a tub so "Premier" rooms are the only choice for me.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by moeser
Thank you rhu171.

They then changed the concept. In former all alcoholic drinks including real champagne were free of charge and on display until the lounge closed.

Pity.
Well, it’s tea time and I was happily served Champagne. 😀
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
Well, it’s tea time and I was happily served Champagne. 😀
😱 What champagne is that?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by gummibar
Chandon I suppose.

Saw it over the weekend.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:25 am

I assume they mean sparkling, which apparently is allowed to be called Champagne in the USA due to some sort of historic trade agreements. The rest of the world, however...
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gummibar
Originally Posted by RCTP
Chandon I suppose.
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I assume they mean sparkling, which apparently is allowed to be called Champagne in the USA due to some sort of historic trade agreements. The rest of the world, however...
Except Domaine Chandon does not call its products "Champagne." It properly calls them "sparkling wine."
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:53 pm

Indeed that is true. But because of it, many people call sparkling champagne.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Except Domaine Chandon does not call its products "Champagne." It properly calls them "sparkling wine."
Ok, ok.... You are all correct. It was Chandon sparkling wine.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone have any pictures or reviews of the temporary lounge on the 4th floor? Are the food offerings comparable?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by shindou2006
Does anyone have any pictures or reviews of the temporary lounge on the 4th floor? Are the food offerings comparable?
Last weekend when I was at CCS, the lounge in 31st floor is still in operation.

As to how the 4th floor temporary lounge will look like I'm not very sure. It has a restaurant layout currently, so probably suppose it'll be like the Oscars restaurant.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Travel Agent (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Ritz, etc.)
Hi,

Staying here on a 2-night layover before heading to Bali for 12 nights. Anyone have a good contact email for the hotel (GM, DOSM, Reservations, ANYTHING?). Can´t seem to nab one online or on the hotel website, which is a bit disappointing.

Also, any updates on the renovation? I assume six months into it they should be nearing completion...or some level of completion where they´re now commonly handing out ´upgraded´ rooms. Any experience here?

Thx!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'd emailed [email protected] before and got a response - this was quite some time back, though.
Originally Posted by Rossello321
Hi,

Staying here on a 2-night layover before heading to Bali for 12 nights. Anyone have a good contact email for the hotel (GM, DOSM, Reservations, ANYTHING?). Can´t seem to nab one online or on the hotel website, which is a bit disappointing.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
you can try this email

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.