Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2003, 9:48 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RDY3238:
I am planning a mileage run to SIN next week with an overnight. The Conrad Centennial has a pointstretcher on my date for 15k! Seems strange this property is only rated Select...
I know its pushing it, but what are the chances of getting an early checkin and an u/g with Gold vip?
</font>
Send them an e-mail and see what happens... you never know... I got a "suite" upgrade
Old Feb 16, 2003, 9:52 pm

how does Conrad SIN compare to Conrad HKG? anybody prefer one over the other?
Old Feb 26, 2003, 1:45 pm

Sinapore Conrad - Pathetic Power Outlet question

I searched the Conrad site and FT and could not find the following information.

Are there any US 110v outlets in the rooms or should I take an adaptor?

Thanks

edited for grammar

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 02-26-2003).]
Old Feb 26, 2003, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will need an adapter. There is the typical 110 in the bathroom for a shaver that does not need an adapter but for anywhere else in the room you will need the adapter.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 8:50 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
The Exec floor rooms have a in-room fax on a stand that has a power receptacle that you can plug a 110V plug into without an adapter. I don't know if it's 110V, however, since my power adapters handle 110-220V.
Rich.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This whole self-reliant traveler thing is going too far....

I assume you're looking for a place to plug in your laptop, right? If so, your power brick can handle the conversion from 220v by itself and you just need the converter.

Rather than bring or buy your own, just call the staff and have them bring you one. When staying in HKG or LHR, the hotel has always accomodated me.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
If you need an adaptor it is either a plug on the fax machine (mentioned above) or if in a room without a fax it is in the drawer beneath the TV with the kimono

You might want to bring an extension cord though if you prefer to work on the bed rather than the desk because the outlets are not too conveniently located.

If you really need a convertor - I'm not sure if they have them - but wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 11:31 pm

Thanks for replies

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 02-26-2003).]
Old Feb 27, 2003, 3:17 am
In Memoriam

I was at SIN Hilton two weeks ago, plenty of 110 outlets at the desk.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 3:36 am

I was at Conrad SIN last august and they provided me with the adaptor. You just need to call the concierge and they will deliver it to your room.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, been at the SIN Conrad many times on the executive floors and in the mini suites at the left end of the halls. Never found a 110 outlet at any of the desks. Always have an adapter with me anyway so not a problem. Guess I will have to look harder next time.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 12:01 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
This is somewhat a leap of faith, however, based on a stay at the Hilton, Orchard Road, I was able to use my T-Mobile phone charger without having to use the adapter to convert my U.S. configuration to the Singapore in the standard 220 volt outlet. The outlet had the U.S. slots as well as the Singapore power points.

This information assumes that you have built in 220 and 110 power adapters.
Old Mar 21, 2003, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
On my last visit to SIN - I stayed at the Conrad and was upgraded to a business floor room as a Gold. I would like to experience the Exec floor this trip - any ideas about upgrades for late night flight arrival? I am using points for a two-night mid-week stay.

Old Mar 22, 2003, 8:11 am

fantastic hotel, nicely located (though not central, it is not far from the colonial centre and is surrounded by above and under ground shopping centre. The food court next door is super clean (like almost all places in S'pore) and offers very nice food. There's a german "home made" brewery/cafe next door as well. Nice place with a terrace ( though nothing to compare with Belgian beers! ;-) ).
Old Mar 22, 2003, 9:56 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
This is a wonderful hotel. Docta, I was there last week and was told gold's do not get upgraded to the executive floor. However, they do get a room upgrade and was told the room is about the same as the ones on the executive floor. The important thing is to try to get into the executive lounge. As others have said, it is fantastic. It is on the top usable floor of the hotel, the view is of three sides of the city, the service is excellent (they remember your name!), the food is terrific, and other than late afternoon, it is not crowded.

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.