Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HSIA wired internet 1500 yen per 24 hour period.
Wow...that's cheaper than the 1600 yen per 24 I just got charged at the Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel. Usually it's the upscale hotel brands that charge more for HSIA.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
FYI. Lounge schedule. Weekday BF 7 AM to 10 AM.
Weekend BF 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
Mid-day drinks and light snacks.
Afternoon Tea 3 PM to 5 PM.
Cocktails and hot items 5 PM to 7 PM.
Light items until 10 PM closing time.

Lounge breakfast. A voucher was not required for breakfast in the Lounge this morning. The kitchen serves a full breakfast. You can have eggs prepared to your favor filled with vegies, meats and cheeses if you wish.

28th floor breakfast. We went to 28 and inquired about using the Diamond voucher for the next morning. You have access to the full buffet and we were told each person can order a hot item such as eggs cooked to order. All the buffet items looked cold so you may also get some hot breakfast meets with your eggs. Will advise tomorrow.

Each bed comes with three pretty stiff pillows. A wood box next to your desk contains a pillow menu. You can also order a aroma scent burner.

The duck is back but the bear is only one per visit. The Hotel has four bears of different colors. You can either buy one or get a slight discount on the set of four from the gift shop on 28. We walked around the bar and took in the views during the day light. Nice views to the water. We also found numerous places to eat in the basement levels in the adjacent buildings. Had a great lunch for two for a little more than $16 US. The shops and eating places are open today (Saturday). All of the shiseido amenities are also back.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:15 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Here is the link to the official Hotel website:

http://www.conradtokyo.co.jp/
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Thanks for the detailed review! ^

I'm going to be in Tokyo for a night in January, and I've got my reward booking at the Conrad...
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Breakfast on 28. We used our Diamond vouchers for breakfast this morning on 28. The spread was wonderful. All items are replenished immediately as chefs work behind almost all the stations. The menu and price are set for everyone at 3400 yen plus plus. Your voucher gives you access to the menu which includes the great buffet and one hot item. Items choices are- two eggs cooked to order with hot breakfast meats, tomatoes, mushrooms and hash browns or eggs benedict or omelet. Take notice of the staffs uniforms which my wife enjoyed pointing out.

The gift shop located on 28 is not run or owned by the Hotel. Therefore you can not charge items to your rooms there or get points.

The bar on 28 has get views of the water and former imperial grounds. A nice view. The bar was packed last night as was the restaurant on 28.

Yesterday we made it back to the Lounge for afternoon tea. Good.

A nice trip from here is to the manmade island of Odaiba. This island contains numerous shopping facilities one much like Ceasars Forum in LAS. A one day pass is around 800 yen. What makes it so convenient is that the monorail system is just one escalator up from the back entrance to the Conrad. We used our pass last night to go to Shinbashi area which was interesting. The mom and pop resaurants once located below the rail system have been taken over by a younger generation of owners. The places were busy. We found a ramen shop.

From Shinbashi you can catch the JR Yamanote line to Toyko Station and beyond. Rate is 130 yen. My wife reminds me that you can also walk to Shinbashi which should take around 5 minutes (so she says).

I am off to Sapporo for a stay at the Sheraton. So I will report later on how you get from here to Haneda. Regards from the Conrad on Tokyo.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Breakfast on 28. We used our Diamond vouchers for breakfast this morning on 28. The spread was wonderful. All items are replenished immediately as chefs work behind almost all the stations. The menu and price are set for everyone at 3400 yen plus plus. Your voucher gives you access to the menu which includes the great buffet and one hot item. Items choices are- two eggs cooked to order with hot breakfast meats, tomatoes, mushrooms and hash browns or eggs benedict or omelet. Take notice of the staffs uniforms which my wife enjoyed pointing out.

A nice trip from here is to the manmade island of Odaiba. This island contains numerous shopping facilities one much like Ceasars Forum in LAS. A one day pass is around 800 yen. What makes it so convenient is that the monorail system is just one escalator up from the back entrance to the Conrad. We used our pass last night to go to Shinbashi area which was interesting. The mom and pop resaurants once located below the rail system have been taken over by a younger generation of owners. The places were busy. We found a ramen shop.
Sounds like the non-Lounge breakfast is still very good. ^

Odaiba is a pretty fun place -- it's a recent development, no? I interned at a subsidiary of Toyota in college in 2003, and I don't remember most of the development being there a few years prior to that. There's a big Toyota showcase called Megaweb right near Odaiba where for a small fee, you can drive any of the Japanese-market Toyota around a mini-course -- among others, I drove the Century (the car that the Japanese royal family uses). That thing defines boat.

A few questions, RTWSTARALLIANCE, since I'll likely be doing a similar itinerary to you in Tokyo...

Any advice on how to secure Lounge access for Diamonds? Is it just a matter of luck/getting the right person at check-in?

And did you need reservations for the Limousine Bus from Narita -- or is walk-up still accepted?

Was the bear you were referring to, the famous Conrad bear that you can usually take home? Can you trade those for one of the other three styles?

Thanks! ^
Old Oct 2, 2005, 4:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm staying 6 nights at the Conrad Tokyo (on an award stay) next April. I'm a lowly Gold and would appreciate any feedback on what this hotel offers to Golds.

Thanks -- this has been a valuable thread.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:45 pm

The Odaiba development is fairly new. I was not aware you can drive cars for a small fee. That would have been interesting.

I guess you can call it luck. I would also consider it approach. I came prepared with what I thought was necessary to gain all the benefits I perceived. That being said and the content herein it can go either way. It is obvious my experience will not be that of most others. That is a real regret because this property is just hot. Almost perfect. This benefit ? puts a real damper and lots of hesitation to book again. Our case in point. I personally like the Conrad alot and would not hesitate to stay again even absent Lounge access. To my wife it is important. So I made the mistake of telling her I can get the Grand Hyatt on Club using points. She is now more liken to the GHT.

Walk up on Limousine bus no problem.

Bear. The Bear is not your traditional bear. I have only been to a couple Conrads and I remember the traditional big brown teddy bear. Not huge mind you. This is a small bear on a key chain in orange, pink, purple or I forgot. There are four. We never thought of trading but that probably would not be kosher for Japan. That bear is propular we noted more than a few people cuddling and playing with there bear. As stated we did purchase another one for a fellow FTs collection. I have a feeling she will be here soon after this report.

We are not Gold so I am not sure of the "voucher" or upgrade benefits. If you e-mail guest relations it will most likely be answered by the GM.

I would stay there again certainly absent Lounge but of course would not be happy about it knowing now what I am missing which is much.

From the Conrad to Haneda. I will document this here along with flight information to memorialize for me and fellow FTs.

From the back entrance of the Conrad take the closest escalator down one level. Bear right at a 90 degree angle and take the escalator down making a hard right u turn. You are now approaching the Ooedo line. Buy a ticket to Daimon for 170 yen. Enter the line and take the elevator down if you have luggage. You are heading to platform 2. Take th train to Daimon. You are now heading to the Tokyo monorail at "Hamamatsucho". I state it like that since the monorail really is not at Hamamatsucho Station. It is atop the Daimon station. If you be outside for only a couple seconds. The job is to head up the building to the third level. Do not cross the street. Just head up the building. Getting to the third level is like a maze with no logic. Obviously the monorail was a second thought to the buildling. I believe this is the last stop so just take the line towards Haneda. Mind you of these items. Haneda has two terminals. One for JAL and two for ANA. Put the easiest way. The monorail will make local stops so plan you time accordingly. I think the monorail was 470 yen.

At HND my flight was on ANA. I just followed the luggage to departures which was on the top level. I am a 1k with UA so I was looking so a Star Alliance gold check-in which I never found. At check-in I asked about the cabin as the plane was a 747-200. I was told the plane had a economy super seat which was offered to me for 5000 yen. Now for some reason I thought in my mind it was $10 US. I was game. You need to take your luggage to another counter for check-in. As a * gold member I was able to use one of the two Signet Lounges at HND. It was ok. I was amazed when my luggage arrived into HND first off the belt wrapped in plastic for this 90 minute flight. Only in Japan!

I am now at the Sheraton Sapporo. So if you want to learn about this northern area of Japan hear for the Starwood forum. Regards from my much less comfortable/Lounge absent Sheraton in Sapporo.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:47 pm

Thank you to Yasuki our resident Japan expert for answering my FT PMs and making this visit easier.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:46 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
pool

hi

did you try to use the pool?
normally they will bill you25usd, but as a diamond they will give it for free.

if not, call mr. monkedieck or daniel lopez and complain about .

the staff sometimes is not 100% informed about the diamond benefits.

the rooms are lovely .)

about the lounge, it was never really crowded.
but it is small, and the breakfast options are really limited...

about the award you used, if it is only 180k for 6 nights, this is a really super discount.... as normally one night is cheapest 430usd.

we paid roughly 6000usd for 3 days with 3 rooms and restaurants etc.

so thats a discount... and i will use a glon too there.

dp
Old Oct 2, 2005, 5:06 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
You are very welcome, RTWSTARALLIANCE.
I am very glad that you are enjoying your stay in Japan. I will stay at Conrad Tokyo from 31th of December for 2 nights and I hope that I could get the lounge access like you. Please say hello to your wife and parents.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:28 am

Arigato Yasuki. I hope you will be spending that with your wife as she deserves the reward.

This Hotel's Guest Relations staff is really with it. I asked Amy about ramen restaurants in Sapporo as she used to work there. It was her day off but she had another agent deliver the information to my wife on her day off. Great service. This is the best Guest Relations staff I have encountered in Japan absent Kyoto. This is another reason to get Lounge. I only noted the Guest Relations desk on 28 staffed once during my stay. Regards
Old Oct 3, 2005, 9:55 am

Thanks for the tips, RTWSTARALLIANCE. ^

The driving course is definitely interesting, especially with cars that are not available in the American market. More info here:

http://www.megaweb.gr.jp/English/RideOne/

Good point about not trading bears at the Conrad, especially since it is a "gift" -- you'd figure I would remember such an important part of cultural etiquette, considering I lived there for a few months.

I guess when I get in, I'll try my luck at lounge access and see what happens. At any rate, sounds like the rest of the hotel is top-notch, as would be expected. ^
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: Everyone!
Thanks for the great reports - very helpful. I am going next year and currently have the Tokyo Hilton booked. However, it appears that this property is also currently available during the same time.

As a diamond member, which would you recommend and why?

Thanks for your advice!!
Old Oct 5, 2005, 4:46 pm

Programs: Everyone!
Also, here is a description of the rooms:

http://conradhotels.hilton.com/en/ch...tyhocn=TYOCICI

I am guessing the original poster was upgraded from a "City Room" all the way up 2 levels to a "City Suite." Almost 1.5 times the size of the lower rooms, but it doesn't have executive lounge access in the description. I currently have a "King Classic City Room" reserved, so it will be interesting to see what I get.

The best rates during my stay are a package including breakfast as follows (to see the price differences among rooms - appears Ocean is more premium than City):

$442 - Classic Room City
$469 - Classic Room Ocean
$496 - Executive Room City
- Couldn't manage to find any suite prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.