Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
What is or was the 5/10/15 promo? I missed that. Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 9:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Post Conrad Tokyo GM interview... and name...

Ah, I found it... an interesting interview with Tokyo Conrad GM Jan Monkedieck in Japan Today.

"Q. In your opinion, what qualities should a good hotelier have?

A. You must have a passion for hospitality and service and the ability to keep an overview of the big picture. That's crucial. In hotel life, you are exposed to a variety of tasks, often doing nothing but standing in the lobby greeting people. You are also exposed to real financial decisions and strategy, so overall, you need to be able to prioritize. As a GM, you have to plan and focus on future strategy, but never lose contact with your customers.

Q. How did you get interested in the hotel industry?

A. I was born and grew up in Munich. I was fortunate enough to travel a lot with my family and stayed in good hotels. I loved riding the elevators up and down. Hotel careers became fashionable and I followed that trend."

He's quite familiar with ups and downs, then...

Don't even ASK how a Japanese speaker would pronounce his last name...
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:26 am
TR35R

Andrea Sanke?

Originally Posted by JDiver
Tokyo Conrad GM Jan Monkedieck
Don't even ASK how a Japanese speaker would pronounce his last name...
ヤン モンケディーク -San?

Last edited by TR35R; Jul 25, 2005 at 10:48 am

Old Jul 25, 2005, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Ah, I was wondering who that German man going up and down in the elevator was every time I got in.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:08 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the benefits NOT being offered so far eventually do get offered. It seems like they're slow to get up to speed. They didn't load reward stays into the system until I e-mailed management to inquire about that. It sounds like for now, the Tokyo Hilton (Shinjuku) is more "Conrad" than the Conrad...
Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yes the staff here need some more time to get up to speed and work out the kinks. Wanted to go from the hotel to the JR station, which as it turns out is very close to the hotel (5 min walk). Went to the Executive Lounge and they had no maps and resorted to pointing out the window, but the building next to us was blocking the view. They sent me down to the lobby where they did have a small Conrad map of the area, but it was in Japanese. Found the station no problem, but they just need to think of these little things.

It would be nice if some of the excellent lounge staff from the Hilton Tokyo could spend some time here, to help train them, or send the staff over to the Hilton for a few weeks to see how things are done.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 5:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hai, domo!

Originally Posted by TR35R
ヤン モンケディーク -San?
Old Jul 26, 2005, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Reply from GM.

Thank you for your note about your upcoming visit.

We fully comply to the HHonors benefit policy for Diamond members.

As you may understand, occupancy levels sometime do not allow for Executive floor upgrades in which case we extend upgrades to the best room available as well as complimentary breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Conrad and trust that your stay will be most enjoyable.

Kind regards,

JM

Jan Monkedieck
General Manager

The reply is appreciated but do not answer my direct question. We would not mind being on another floor but would still like to enjoy the Lounge. So my ? to FTers is- as a Diamond if we are not on a Executive Floor room do we have a right under our Diamond benefits to have access to the Executive Floor Lounge? Please advise then I will reply to the GM. Regards
Old Jul 26, 2005, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
At Hilton Family hotels outside the U.S. and Canada that have upgraded accommodation, Gold and Diamond VIPs will be upgraded to Executive Level or to the next best available room type. Upgraded rooms are subject to availability. At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accommodation, Gold and Diamond VIPs will receive additional amenities and/or services, which vary by property.
URL - http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...s/levels.jhtml

So nothing stating one is entitled to the Executive Lounge if not on an Executive floor, but I have never been denied access domestically or overseas when I flashed my Gold VIP card when not able to be placed on an Executive floor.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 6:50 am

Reply.

Net. Unless you are in a Executive Floor room you will not have access to the Lounge.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:31 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Enjoy a complimentary third night's stay at the new Conrad Tokyo

Received in the inbox today...

Stay Two Nights and the Third is Free

This stunning new icon in Shiodome offers all American Express® Cardmembers the opportunity to stay two nights and receive the third night free. Terms & Conditions apply.

Book now for stays between July 1 and October 15, 2005. Rates start from 35,500 JPY for single and 39,500 JPY for double occupancy.

For reservations, please call Hilton Reservations Worldwide on 1 800 737 1818 (toll-free) or email [email protected] and quote PRO0 (O, zero) PR to enjoy this offer.

Alternatively you can book directly at http://www.conradtokyo.com/amex
Old Sep 14, 2005, 12:21 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Conrad Tokyo do they have 2 Bedroom Suites?

Hi,

currently i have booked 4 rooms in the Conrad Tokyo .

we will be 8 persons and would like to stay 4 +4 in two Grand suites.

I booked the most expensive executive seaview rooms, there was not room more expensive than this, all are Hilton Diamond or Hilton Gold, so i wonder if they will offer us 2 suites instead of the 4 rooms?

Does anybody know if they have any suites there?

We would not mind to pay for a presidential suite too , but there is nothing mentioned at the conrad hp.

may be someone can help??

dp
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:46 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
ok

found out that they have 3 types of suites which are not bookable over the internet.

we have now chosen the ones for 1600 USD per night.
there is one type above this ones which is 4000usd per night,... but this was too expensive for us.

dp
Old Sep 14, 2005, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
It has been my experience at such hotels that suites are booked directly with the property themselves, and not over the chain's booking sites. This is how I handle my suite bookings at properties.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 8:58 am

yes

i did that. and changed all reservation to 2 deluxe suites in the 37th floor.

120qm in japan is quite inpressive eh..
but we are still hoping to be upgraded to the 240qm suites...

i dont know why they are not marketing the suites on the homepages...

sweet as candy the agreed that they will honor the triple point opening plan even for the suite bookings. so this will net us 120K hilton points with this stay.

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.