Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
They didn't have a Director of Operations for quite some time. Thomas is DoO? Do you have his last name?
I have a business card in hand with 'Marco Matos Araujo, director of operations'. I believe he's been there since July 2017.
Not sure what Thomas Glaser's post is now.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Was the 2bdrm in the 300's or in Conrad Residence section?
The 300's have one bedroom.

The 2 bedrooms added to the hotel pool (as opposed to the residences) this year are in the 400's.

The 600's are being refurbished. I recall seeing a box for a 55" OLED TV in one of them, and wooden slats being changed, so this will be more than a mere touch-up.

With all the new competitors springing up at the top end (room rates have fallen from their opening years highs), I am glad to see the CKS rising up to the challenge. New GM Lyle Lewis appears to be as capable as he is personable.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:05 am

Thanks monahos
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by monahos
I have a business card in hand with 'Marco Matos Araujo, director of operations'. I believe he's been there since July 2017.
Appreciate the response. ^

Just had a look and Thomas' post is now Director Of Business Development.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Nov 12, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by mileageking
Congrats on the upgrade. Was the 2bdrm in the 300's or in Conrad Residence section? Are you able to post any pictures? How many HHonors points for Royal 1 bdrm villa?
The two bdrm I was given was 504 if I am correct. It was pretty amazing.

I have a few hundred pictures and a number of videos I made of the suites I have been fortunate enough to stay in.

I am flying out today back to South Dakota. Once I get to Seoul and have a six hour layover I'll see if I can access my mobile and post some photos and maybe some video of this spectacular place.

On a side note, this place is absolutely one of a kind, a surreal place that honestly kicks all other Hilton branded asses (pardon the language but it is relevant here) other than Bora Bora, maybe the Seychelles and Maldives. There aren't many properties on this planet that can compare to this place.

I am more than happy to do a long write up on this place once I have a hour or so.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by monahos
I do have his card. I'll find it, take a pic and pm you.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:40 pm

Has anyone had experience with using Hilton Gift Cards at this property? I have a 3 night stay coming up in January using the weekend certificates. Amex is currently having an offer on Hilton Gift Cards so I was thinking it would be a good idea to purchase to use towards charges (mainly dining) during the stay.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
We finished a stay here from 11/13 to 11/17. Booked standard room with points as a Diamond. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite in the 500 level. Parents came with us in separate room and they received the same upgrade (also as a Diamond). The 2 bedroom suites are absolutely amazing here. They are basically a house, I'd be comfortable moving in. We were greeted at check in by Marco Araujo - Director of Operations. He took great care to acknowledge Diamond status. We also got to meet Lyle Lewis, the General Manager at a Diamond wine reception.

Breakfast at Zest is good. The dinner options are bit lacking. The night staff isn't as well trained and is much more poor at English.

Other than that we had no complaints and found the experience to be absolutely amazing and staff to be very attentive and friendly. We were informed that the busy season is December-February. Outside of that the chances of an upgrade will be much better.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by pointchaser93
Breakfast at Zest is good. The dinner options are bit lacking. The night staff isn't as well trained and is much more poor at English.
Much the same as nearly two years ago. Seems to be almost impossible to get excellent, well-trained staff that speak very good English in Thailand. I'm sure this is proving to be a bit of a headache for Lyle. And congrats on the upgrades BTW! ^
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:25 pm

Do you get Diamond benefits if you book a few nights through Hilton Premium Asia? I have some nights on points and then am tempted to book the discounted night via HPA. I know there won't be any points but they are quoting me a rate with breakfast when the room only rate is ofcourse cheaper. They have stated my Hilton benefits will not be given as per terms but I am wondering that when we still get free breakfast on reward points bookings, are they really that strict on not offering it to Diamond members if booked via HPA. Please share your experience and if you noticed any difference in how you were treated. Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by s879
Do you get Diamond benefits if you book a few nights through Hilton Premium Asia?
I've asked the hotel that question three months ago. The answer was: Yes.

I've also asked, if nights and stays with HPA offers will be credited for status requalification. The answer was yes again.

Finally I didn't booked the HPA offers for my at least two stays next year, because there was a regular offer for THB 11.900,- ++ per night and for my other booking I've spend 380k points.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:45 am

Thanks, very helpful. There was a Thailand sale but I missed it. The rates were quite similar to HPA rates in the sale but now HPA is definitely cheaper although there won't be any points. I am thinking of purchasing HPA anyway to avail the food discount and other vouchers.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:47 am

Also, do I have to book the nights now or can I just purchase membership and book via the app when I want. Subject to availability ofcourse.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:36 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Conrad Koh Samui

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.