Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:48 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Do MVP stays qualify for the Earn a Stay on Us Certificates which are also known as Q3FN. What is the rate code for MVP bookings(e.g.PR08SP)?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:58 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Great Getaway savings? Not impressed

I have two upcoming stays planned. One in KL and the other in Phuket. The difference between the prepaid, no refund, no way "Great Getaway" rate and fully refundable is 12%, not the 25-30% mentioned in the blast emails I get from Hilton every other day. Is anyone finding 25-30% savings over the fully refundable rate? As a Gold, the free breakfasts are already included, so making them a drawing card for the Great Getaway isn't working on me. Or am I missing something?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Is there a compiled list of Hilton codes, like the Marriott thread?

Here is what I got trolling through this thread

N9880578
for US
Hilton, Conrad, Hilton Garden Inn and Waldorf=Astoria Collection

for US
Doubletree, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inns and Embassy Suites

D332376164
for outside
Hilton and Doubletree Hotels

Fedex (10% system wide) N0001231

IBM code, 001368083

N0041604 some, but not all Hiltons

0560041604 Doubletree,Hampton,Embassey
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:50 pm

I just checked and the "Blackstone" code D332376164 reduces my rate by $24 a night at the KL Hilton (as opposed to the AAA rate). Can anyone use the Blackstone rate? When I click on the rate it just says: "Rate Type Details Rate Type: BLACKSTONE." Would be nice to save $100 if possible.

Originally Posted by Akulashark
Is there a compiled list of Hilton codes, like the Marriott thread?

Here is what I got trolling through this thread

N9880578
for US
Hilton, Conrad, Hilton Garden Inn and Waldorf=Astoria Collection

for US
Doubletree, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inns and Embassy Suites

D332376164
for outside
Hilton and Doubletree Hotels

Fedex (10% system wide) N0001231

IBM code, 001368083

N0041604 some, but not all Hiltons

0560041604 Doubletree,Hampton,Embassey
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:54 pm

...and the IBM rate is a whopping $76 less per night than the AAA discount rate (240 MYR vs. 494 MYR). Who is eligible to use the IBM rate?

Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
I just checked and the "Blackstone" code D332376164 reduces my rate by $24 a night at the KL Hilton (as opposed to the AAA rate). Can anyone use the Blackstone rate? When I click on the rate it just says: "Rate Type Details Rate Type: BLACKSTONE." Would be nice to save $100 if possible.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Well, having owned or bought for family members about a dozen Thinkpads.....
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
...and the IBM rate is a whopping $76 less per night than the AAA discount rate (240 MYR vs. 494 MYR). Who is eligible to use the IBM rate?
This is a corporate rate so IBM employees only. IBM ID is required at check-in and as most properties in Asia play strictly according to the rules, there is IMO a significant risk that you will be required to show ID at this property. I recall my stay at Hilton KL last year; I was required to show and use my VISA card when staying on the (notorious and great) 25% off VISA rate.

The same applies to the Blackstone rate.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
I have two upcoming stays planned. One in KL and the other in Phuket. The difference between the prepaid, no refund, no way "Great Getaway" rate and fully refundable is 12%, not the 25-30% mentioned in the blast emails I get from Hilton every other day. Is anyone finding 25-30% savings over the fully refundable rate? As a Gold, the free breakfasts are already included, so making them a drawing card for the Great Getaway isn't working on me. Or am I missing something?
I just booked a stay at a Hampton, and I was also seeing that the difference in price wasn't much - a mere $5/night difference for the room I wanted using the "Great Getaway" rate vs. the non-refundable, full payment in advance rate.

From looking a little closer, the discount is advertised relative to the "Best Available Rate", which isn't usually the best rate a hotel has anyway, so it's not as much of a deal as it seems -

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...ay/index.jhtml

Discounts vary by hotel brand. Unless otherwise stated by the particular hotel, participating Doubletree hotels are offering a 30% discount related to its Best Available BED AND BREAKFAST Rate. Participating Hilton hotels are offering a 25% discount related to its Best Available BED AND BREAKFAST Rate. Participating Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Garden Inn hotels are offering a 20% discount related to its Best Available BED AND BREAKFAST Rate. Participating Hampton, Hilton Grand Vacations and Homewood Suites hotels are offering a 20% discount related to its Best Available Rate.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SK AAR
This is a corporate rate so IBM employees only. IBM ID is required at check-in and as most properties in Asia play strictly according to the rules, there is IMO a significant risk that you will be required to show ID at this property. I recall my stay at Hilton KL last year; I was required to show and use my VISA card when staying on the (notorious and great) 25% off VISA rate.

The same applies to the Blackstone rate.
Asia seems to be more strict re: corp id, although presumably if the rate rules didn't specify IBM id needed at check-in one could potentially argue that it's not required. US & other countries are not as strict on showing id at check-in. Having legit worked for F50 & F500 companies who did have negotiated corp rates, I was never asked to show id when checking into Hiltons (or any chain for that matter).

Of course the #1 rule when booking a code that you might not be eligible for, is be prepared to pay rack rate (or another discount rate if you've done your homework & checked what's available the day of check-in) or have a back-up reservation somewhere else.

Sometimes corp rates are great; sometimes publicly available rates and promos are better.

FWIW - I'd be leery of using the Blackstone rate, but to each their own.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:27 pm

If I use the "BLACKSTONE" code at the Hampton Inn in Boston, will I be required to present some sort of ID?

What is that code for?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try blackstone.com !

This is a corporate rate for Blackstone employees and ID is required.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
best way is to sign up for your free business cards and put the IBM logo on it
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the word "fraud" comes to mind...
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Fraud

Originally Posted by SK AAR
the word "fraud" comes to mind...
So, the way these rates are established is the company calls Hilton and asks for a discount. Hilton asks how many bed nights per year they will promise. After that the company has to make the number of promised bed nights. When I have done this in the past, we renegotiate every year based on the utilization of the code. So if I promised 100 bed nights, and I used 200, I would ask for a few bucks more off the rate.

All of them require a corporate ID, luckily I work remotely and my ID is completely blank (for security reasons), its just an HID card on a lanyard.

If you believe you are defrauding Hilton you might be right, but you are helping the organization that Hilton has setup the rate with.

Now, who has more codes?

You can get them by calling in a reservation and saying you are with (insert corporation here that is nearby). Then look at your confirmation, there will be a corporate code listed.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator,
Originally Posted by Akulashark

You can get them by calling in a reservation and saying you are with (insert corporation here that is nearby). Then look at your confirmation, there will be a corporate code listed.
Realy??? I've never seen a corporate code on one of my confirmations. Where do you usually see it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.