FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   [ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1740093-archive-2015-discount-codes-hilton.html)

barbecj May 18, 2008 7:04 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 9742097)
but rumor has it that its alive and well

Especially using Google...:D

MisterNice May 18, 2008 5:46 pm

The AAA rate is almost always 5% or 10% less than the hotel standard rate for most hotel chains. Only a few times have I noticed it as high as 15% less. Additionally the HH AAA or AARP rate seems to be listed as $xxx.10 or sometimes $xxx.15. I too have been given local corporate rates and strongly encouraged to use them. They usually beat our national corporate rates by 10%-30%.

MisterNice

SkiAdcock May 19, 2008 10:46 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf (Post 9741282)
On the issue of posting codes that the general public may not be entitled to:

Maybe this has already been mentioned on this thread (I haven't read the whole thing), but be aware that some companies (Marriott, for example) have apparently gotten bent out of shape over such posting on FT. There used to be a "discount code" thread on the Marriott forum that included all kinds of codes, including corporate ones, that were not for general consumption. At some point that thread was suddenly "disappeared" by a moderator, to be replaced by a new thread with ONLY publicly-usable codes. :eek:

Understand what you're saying, but given how often we scream about the sucky website, the rolling tier, etc, and no changes to those, not to mention the # of codes mentioned on this thread aren't that many, I'm not overly worried that Hilton is going to make this thread disappear ;)

Cheers.

KathyWdrf May 19, 2008 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 9747010)
Understand what you're saying, but given how often we scream about the sucky website, the rolling tier, etc, and no changes to those, not to mention the # of codes mentioned on this thread aren't that many, I'm not overly worried that Hilton is going to make this thread disappear ;)

Cheers.

I wasn't suggesting that at all -- I was simply pointing out that hotel companies sometimes DO care about the misuse of non-publicly-usable discount codes, and therefore that people should use them at their own risk, if at all. Sorry if that wasn't clear -- I thought it was obvious what I was getting at, but I guess not.

grayland May 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by MrChuckles (Post 9259364)
IBM code: 0901452
Tried booking for the first time today and it knocked the rate down from $189 per night to $102! Woo-Hoo! Thanks Y'all!

This code is missing some digits...the Hilton codes are have 9 numbers as far as I know.

SkiAdcock May 20, 2008 10:10 am

Originally Posted by grayland (Post 9750021)
This code is missing some digits...the Hilton codes are have 9 numbers as far as I know.

IBM (and other corp) codes for Hilton properties have a mix of # of #s, depending if it's domestic or international, and if it's Hilton/HGI/Conrad or DT/ES/HI.

Cheers.

TrivialPursuit May 20, 2008 11:16 am

Originally Posted by grayland (Post 9750021)

The magic IBM code n0901452 works only for Hilton/HGI. There is a separate code (which I'll let someone else post! :) ) for HI/ES/DT/HS and the like.

Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
Has anybody used the IBM discount code and then questioned about it at check it? I put the code in and it changed rate from $251 to $96. Thanks for info
Usually just saying "uhhhhh....I'm just an IBM subcontractor and they told me to use this rate" works fine.

TrojanHorse May 20, 2008 11:51 am

Originally Posted by TrivialPursuit (Post 9752538)
The magic IBM code n0901452 works only for Hilton/HGI. There is a separate code (which I'll let someone else post! :) ) for HI/ES/DT/HS and the like.

is it the one that starts 322

TrivialPursuit May 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 9752731)
is it the one that starts 322

and ends in 100? That's the one! :)

grayland May 21, 2008 10:38 am

Does someone want to post the middle??:D

TrivialPursuit May 21, 2008 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by grayland (Post 9757878)
Does someone want to post the middle??:D

You seem like a curious guy, the kind who would want to know things like, oh, I dunno, the area code in Thunder Bay, Ontario :)

grayland May 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by TrivialPursuit (Post 9758577)
You seem like a curious guy, the kind who would want to know things like, oh, I dunno, the area code in Thunder Bay, Ontario :)

Thanks for sharing.;) The real spirit of FT.

GVA May 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by grayland (Post 9759599)
Thanks for sharing.;) The real spirit of FT.

I've tried that IBM one on hilton.com on a number of HIs/DTs and it gives nothing.

does every number of the middle part add up to 15 or did I get a wrong code?

grayland May 22, 2008 9:27 am

The HI code does not work for me, either....if I have it correct. It just returns the rack rate at the Pit Airport.

goalie May 22, 2008 10:31 am

silly question....do we need to be "careful" with this thread? ;)