FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   [ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1740093-archive-2015-discount-codes-hilton.html)

SK AAR Jul 14, 2015 6:06 am

Originally Posted by wantan (Post 25113650)
Will be spending some time in New York in the next 2 weeks, never stayed at a Hilton property in the USA before and wondering about the MVP rate.

Yes, now you need to book via the designated MVP webpage. The links posted above are not working. You will find the link in the MVP thread in this (Hilton) forum.

The MVP rates are flexible/non-prepaid and for you staying in NYC in July you may be able to take advantage of the low last-minute weekend rates for NYC properties. in particular the SUN to MON night rates drops significantly if book 1-2 days before. So check your rates frequently and rebook if rates drop. Good luck

wantan Jul 14, 2015 7:41 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 25114396)
Yes, now you need to book via the designated MVP webpage. The links posted above are not working. You will find the link in the MVP thread in this (Hilton) forum.

The MVP rates are flexible/non-prepaid and for you staying in NYC in July you may be able to take advantage of the low last-minute weekend rates for NYC properties. in particular the SUN to MON night rates drops significantly if book 1-2 days before. So check your rates frequently and rebook if rates drop. Good luck

Thanks for pointing that out. Found the MVP thread with working link (in wiki) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-mvp-rate.html

How risky is using the Goldmedal rate in the US ? I only tried it once in Asia ... receptionist noticed (Team America sir?) , but still let me through *whew*

brokenwindow Sep 23, 2015 1:30 am

Does anyone have any discount codes that would work in Amsterdam? Tried the USOC but it doesn't work for the Hilton, only the double tree :(

brokenwindow Sep 23, 2015 1:45 am

Corporate code HP/Accenture

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, tried posting in the fast track status-thread but it seems that it has been closed.

I am currently trying to get the 3 stays required to get the Hilton Gold and am looking at properties in Amsterdam, and tried both the Accenture and HP corporate codes and got really good pricing.

I'm wondering whether A) you are required to show ID? I can't see anything about it in the terms, and B), do these corporate codes (HP ROOM ONLY, INC VAT, EXC CITY TAX, NON-COMM INC ECF) give you stay credit and gold benefits?

Thanks!!!

Cymro Sep 23, 2015 2:35 am

1. You may well be required to - presumably you have this so it's not a problem. I'd say it's unlikely but better to be safe than sorry!

2. Generally they would, but corporate codes can be negotiated so that stay benefits are not available. Check with your corporate travel agent who will be well aware of these entitlements.

brokenwindow Sep 23, 2015 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Cymro (Post 25465943)
1. You may well be required to - presumably you have this so it's not a problem. I'd say it's unlikely but better to be safe than sorry!

2. Generally they would, but corporate codes can be negotiated so that stay benefits are not available. Check with your corporate travel agent who will be well aware of these entitlements.

Right, but I'm not using a corporate travel agent, I just found those codes online.

writerguyfl Sep 23, 2015 3:48 am

The simplest way to answer your questions would be to contact your Human Resources department or search the Accenture intranet for the rules related to the code. Similar information can be found in the same manner over at your second job at HP.

Please Note: Corporate accounts are designed to be used by employees and/or visitors of that company. Lying about your connection to a company to get a discount could be considered to be fraud. It also happens to be against FlyerTalk rules:

"Rule #15: Supporting, encouraging or promoting illegal activity or fraud upon an individual or company is prohibited."

scubaccr Sep 23, 2015 9:57 am

Originally Posted by brokenwindow (Post 25465870)
Sorry if there is already a thread about this, tried posting in the fast track status-thread but it seems that it has been closed.

I am currently trying to get the 3 stays required to get the Hilton Gold and am looking at properties in Amsterdam, and tried both the Accenture and HP corporate codes and got really good pricing.

I'm wondering whether A) you are required to show ID? I can't see anything about it in the terms, and B), do these corporate codes (HP ROOM ONLY, INC VAT, EXC CITY TAX, NON-COMM INC ECF) give you stay credit and gold benefits?

Thanks!!!

You can/should only use the HP code if entitled and yes the hotel is allowed to ask you to show you are entitled to rate. If at checkin time hotel carries out said check and you are not entitled then
A)you are past room cancel time (day before)
B)hotel has your CC attached to your booking
C)hotel can now charge you a higher rate to checkin, repricing as high as on the day walkin rate . You would have no choice in the matter, upto you if you want the risk

Yes most company rates , including HP (which is a non commissionable rate to agents/OTA's) are qualifying rates earning both stay and points credit
(A very small minority of companies negotiate slightly more discounted rates in return for making rate not point earning)

Company rates in and of themselves do nor confer elite benefits. You still need elite status to benefit from HH upgrades, breakfast etc. to this end the HP discount is bookable on Exec rooms too.

Any company rate offering special local hotel highly discounted rates , ie more than the more usual global 15% off is likely to have your entitlement queried and ID asked for. To be honest my main need is the on day cancelation that corporate HP rate confers

o I am entitled to use HP code (and before that the EDS rate code)
o I have used the HP discount rate in Benelux area, in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Antwerp and like you said it is a good discounted rate not just the bog standard 15% general corporate discount
+++
o I have been asked to show my Entitlement to the HP discount at checkin in all but Den Haag .. and by time of Den Haag stays I had a Diamond Status
o As a HH diamond elite I also believe I was/am much less likely to be asked than someone like your self with no elite status.

smmrfld Sep 23, 2015 10:11 am

OP...you work for both companies? Odd. In any case, corporate travel should provide you with the info you need.

payal930 Oct 23, 2015 12:37 pm

did you find any codes? i'm going to OZ/NZ in december so would appreciate any insights or help!

htran88 Nov 4, 2015 12:11 pm

Anyone else having difficulty with GE (0001398)? It's no longer searching on the hhonors website

PayItForward Nov 4, 2015 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by htran88 (Post 25663487)
Anyone else having difficulty with GE (0001398)? It's no longer searching on the hhonors website

Have to ask... are you from GE :D

leeky Nov 5, 2015 12:20 am

I totally agree with your position, but if implemented about 50% of the postings on this and other threads would be deleted !!!

Originally Posted by writerguyfl (Post 25466084)
The simplest way to answer your questions would be to contact your Human Resources department or search the Accenture intranet for the rules related to the code. Similar information can be found in the same manner over at your second job at HP.

Please Note: Corporate accounts are designed to be used by employees and/or visitors of that company. Lying about your connection to a company to get a discount could be considered to be fraud. It also happens to be against FlyerTalk rules:

"Rule #15: Supporting, encouraging or promoting illegal activity or fraud upon an individual or company is prohibited."

Leon K Nov 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi,

In 2014 I've used one of those PR13CB codes at "Hilton Tokyo Bay" and got a great rate for the family of 4. It doesn't work anymore and "Gold Medal" doesn't work with this property either ;(
Anyone happens to know a good code that gives you around 30% discount (The max I've got was 15%). Also looks like prices went up quite significantly at this property since last year.....

alc Nov 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Leon K (Post 25693713)
Hi,

In 2014 I've used one of those PR13CB codes at "Hilton Tokyo Bay" and got a great rate for the family of 4. It doesn't work anymore and "Gold Medal" doesn't work with this property either ;(
Anyone happens to know a good code that gives you around 30% discount (The max I've got was 15%). Also looks like prices went up quite significantly at this property since last year.....

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

You can all the codes listed on Post #288 of this thread. It was last updated in July 2013:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14135795-post288.html